1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Need admin help

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Rattys, 13 Aug 2017.

1. Rattys

Rattys New Member

Tried to level up my triple torpedo and it scrapped instead. Is there any way to reverse this?

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Scrapping is 100% irreversible. Try to be more careful

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

how do you scrap instead of leveling up? There's a confirmation and everything... leveling is one button, scrapping two. If you have to confirm leveling up, you've done something wrong and need to stop and check yourself.

ThatOnion likes this.
  4. Rattys

Rattys New Member

Well, that is why I posted it in the bug area, since I didn't click scrap.
    Still waiting for an admin to respond since I lost a lvl 3 item for no apparent reason.

5. Joey who

You misclicked and scrapped. Items do not just scrap themselves

The Otherguy and Biffter like this.
  6. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

no way..to get back.

7. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ● Active Member

U lie :p

8. Rattys

Rattys New Member

IMG_0034.PNG No lies. It was lvl 3.

9. Daidem

Daidem New Member

10. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

There's a reason why this commonly occurs, its a technical design flaw in the layout Screenshot_2017-08-16-20-04-09.png Screenshot_2017-08-16-20-04-02.png Screenshot_2017-08-16-20-04-23.png

Disguised likes this.
  11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

What’s your guess why it’s like that? Could the reason be that nobody could by mistake press left-left-left to scrap the item immediately?

The Otherguy, Biffter and Miathan like this.
  12. BasedCarpen

Did I make the claim nobody would ever do it?
    Or did I provide evidence and an argument on why the issue of accidental scrapping is more common than it should be?

Try addressing that logically instead of constructing strawmen.

13. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

This is an idiotic response. He did address it logically.
    You made a ridiculous error. Live with it.

Biffter likes this.
  14. BasedCarpen

I did not make the error, try reading the thread instead of being a "me too"

15. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

It kinda works like this when you "accidentally scrap an item, while leveling it up":

You go into your inventory to upgrade an item, and you click the item.
    Then, without paying much attention you touch the screen with the palm of your hand clicking the scrap button. Still, thinking your on the main item screen, you click where the 'upgrade' button is, and boom, you "accidentally scrap an item, while leveling it up".

There are many other ways you can click the scrap button, and accidentally scrap your item, like your screen flips over, and you press the 'Scrap' button, and you flip your screen back over pressing the 'confirm scrap' button, for some reason.

Now, I bet most of you guys will say "Oh, you should actually pay attention to where you are clicking", but guess what, We do scrapping and upgrading so much, that I bet no one(except new players, and some really careful people who have lots of time to play the game) actually takes time to think what they are clicking and if there hands are somehow touching the screen.

I just think there be a "lock-on" button for items, which you can activate, so you can't scrap the item without deactivating the "lock-on", which should be another 2-step procedure.

16. BasedCarpen

It would be simply fixed by moving the final scrap button anywhere else but where the upgrade/evolve button is. Its a terrible technical design.

17. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Yes..you did.
    As Miika said..it's set up like that to stop accidental scrapping.
    If you're not paying attention to what you're tapping..it's YOUR fault.

18. Joey who

Wish there was a lock mode where you could lock your items. And when you tried to scrap, it could say "You must unlock this item in order to scrap!". Simple and effective.

There is obviously a ton of players scrapping items they do not wish to. This would solve this problem indefinitely.

Or we could keep telling people to be careful which doesn't seem to work at all.. lol

@Miika

The Otherguy and Biffter like this.
  19. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

So basically..all of your points go down to not paying attention.
    Instead of rushing through levelling/evolving things..take a second or two(yes it's an eternity right?) to look at what you're actually doing. That way there'll be no "accidental" scrapping.
    I'm pretty sure you still take the time to look both ways before crossing the road.

But I do agree on one point..there should be a lock tab on items you don't want to scrap.
    It takes out the "human error" factor.
    And we'd have no more of these threads of people blaming the game..instead of admitting THEY made an error.

Disguised likes this.
  20. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Yes..I know you didn't you didn't scrap something by "accident". I was talking in general terms and not specifically at you.

Yes..there should be a lock tab..hopefully it will get added..but as there isn't as of yet..you'd think people would be even MORE cautious to take a second or two to look at what they're doing.
    Even your screenshots show that to initiate the scrap process..you'd have to hit the complete opposite side of the screen.
    It's human error..there's no argument in it.

I've seen maybe 5 or 6 people complain about it on the forum..out of the thousands who play this..I'd say it was a very small minority.

ThatOnion likes this.