1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

N2O or OB

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kurd1stan., 28 Aug 2018.

1. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

do I need an OB when I always have a nitro reloaded in my double nitro speeder ?

I need to switch 3 or 2 rare perks on my rare nitro with 3 or 2 epic perks to do that ,but till I do that why I will use an OB instead of a shield/stun ?
    :)

2. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

The problem with not running an OB is that when you're not ntiroing, you're pretty much sitting still for any and all unfriends to fire at you. With an OB you would still carry speed and be able to use your weapons. However, what mk speeder do you have? Can you run all 3? I would consider running all three but have never received enough epic nitros to reach ONE T5 nitro. On a side note, I hate dual nitro speeders the most. No hits ever seems to register.

3. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I am mk6, i don't use speeder much ,
    and also I know how to do speeders dance and I don't move on a straight line,
    and btw I am not a fan of Tesla's items so now I am not willing to switch my OB with anything (not mentioning that I don't have anything else )

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I heard mk7 speeders (with max speed) can get away with not using overboost. I see lots using nitro stun tesla shield or nitro nitro tesla shield

5. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

No, even at max speed of 1.74 you still can easily be shot with all kind of cannons. 2 nitro is enough to replace OB, it would be very difficult to control but you can evade so many shot and annoy da hell out of the unfriends. But be careful of mines and torps lol.

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

OB works good for fixers and enforcers, especially ones that do not run a turbo for extra defense. Nitro is good for speeders to dodge torps and Aerials. If you're running two, especially with cool down perks you should almost always have one on tap

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I think that what makes OB good is when you consider scouts. Now sure, at point blank, nitro is much better for evasion. But at range, OB offers a change in speed, a variable that must be adjusted for. This means that unfriends will have to lead harder, and if your OB runs out, well, they are going to miss! So if you scout or flank, OB is much better than nitro. However, on a speeder, using solely OB is just as bad as using solely nitro.

OB only has the weakness of predictability. At close/point blank range, there's nothing you can do to evade.

Nitro only has the weakness of rough handling. You won't be able to dodge mines, and stuff like that.

I highly recommend using one of each, that's what I do. I run TS+OB+Nitro. Works like a charm. I tried using TS+ double nitro, but it's just too finicky. And OB+double nitro lacks defence capability.