1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on the game and suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by david13334, 22 Oct 2018.

Tags:
  1. david13334

david13334 New Member

Hey guys this is david13334, just sharing some of my thoughts on the game, I believe this can be an extremely successful esport game but there can still be some improvements:

First suggestion: improve on the objective of the main game mode

Currently from my perspective the game just feels like a team death match although you have the capture area, games are rarely won through it. Because you lose all capture percentage when you take damage and 2 mortar can cover the entire capture area making it impossible to capture. This is important because all the most popular and successful games have a objective instead of just a team death match. Game such as league of legend, csgo, and even traditional game such as chess (you don’t win by killing the most, you win by killing the king). There are also great game such as battlerite but it gets boring really quickly since the goal is just to kill the enemy team.

Second suggestion: diversifying the boats

I think that it is a great move to give all the player mk 7 boat at the beginning and I am assuming that you guys introduce more new ships for different play styles. But the problem is that there are only 4 different type of items, and there can only be a certain amount of combination(boat) before everything start to feel the same. I feel a solution is to add subclass or add interesting(active not passive) talents for different boat similar to rune system in league of legend. These runes should be available to players at a very early stage of the game. You can only choose one of them, these talents should be quite powerful but not game changing.

Here are some of the talents that I have made (I am still thinking for healer and enforcer):

Shooter:

• the fourth shots does not trigger global cd
    • when you hit enemy you gain 5% more damage next shot stacking 4 times lose all stack when miss or get hit

Defender:

• when taking 25% of damage under 5 seconds of time granting 5 seconds of invincibility
    • when the closest ally ship take damage you help them absorb 10 percent of the damage

Speeder:

• there will be a gear at the enemy spawn point, grab it to receive a buff
    • extra speed when moving towards enemy boat and grant bonus damage when passing through enemy ship

Enforcer:

• Tesla bolt will also slow the enemy, freeze shot will also stun the enemy for half the duration

Last edited: 23 Oct 2018
  2. david13334

david13334 New Member

Please leave some reply and share your thoughts on these topics, I would love to hear everybody's opinion.
    Edit: Also what other ship talents would be good?

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'd have to ponder the specifics some more, but I do like your line of thought. A better secondary goal in ranked matches would be nice.