1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My 15 tips to being a better Fixer

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheFixNation, 11 Dec 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheFixNation

TheFixNation New Member

1. Figure out the safe areas and try to stay covered
    2. If you can't find a wall, find another object to stay behind until the coast is clear
    3. Stay alive! A good fixer is usually the last boat on the team to stay alive. A Great fixer keeps all of their friendlies alive. 5-0 win is the goal
    4. Focus on healing, not damage. Unless you are a mk6 Fixer, focus on heals first
    5. Be the boss... call out the shots. "Listen to your Fixer."
    6. Use a good load out for a Fixer. If you are playing in the back, use a long range weapon and take advantage of turbo and over-boost to get to where your team needs you most
    7. Focus your training. Felix is our friend, but also so is Dr. Buzzkill
    8. Try to pull your team together. A divided team is usually a lost team
    9. If your team splits apart, try to bring them back together... any way you can. Spam the "TOGETHER!" if you have to.
    10. Fleeting --- Try to fleet with a partner that can dish out a lot of damage and focus on keeping them alive. Obviously, keep your team alive as well... but a lot of focus on your partner
    11. The Guild Raffle is your friend. You can get a lot of epic health perks
    12. If you are playing against 2 of more speeders, try to keep in the middle of the pack. Good speeders will try to flank you and take you out first
    13. Keep your eye on your six. Again, good speeders with flank you as well as some enforcers. When you can, look behind you and side to side to identify these boats
    14. Unless you are a bad shot, or over 3,000 infamy... you might want to re-think repair pulse. In some cases a repair box will help to keep you alive better, and utilizing a repair bolt will hit far away friendlies
    15. Make sure your HEALTH and DAMAGE totals what a normal shooters Damage output is. Combine health and damage to get a total output. 2k health and 9k damage is 11k total output... which is pretty good
    Some of these will be controversial... but debating is part of the fun. These are some tips that I have used to get higher up in infamy and to be able to enjoy the game more.

VIDEO

Scourge Argaen and Joey who like this.
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Repair pulse is the best overall fixing item without a doubt. I wouldn't tell anyone not to run it when giving advice, whether they be a good shot or a bad shot.

Great video and great guide.

Also, I'd like to add a #16.

16. Do not use duct tape. At any mk level.

Mk4 - pulse + bolt or box
    Mk5 - pulse + box + bolt
    Mk6 - pulse + pulse + box
    :)

3. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

I personally prefer bolt over box.

As a lot of times your team just runs in every direction or some fearsome speeder from your team decides to get there and kill the enemy fixer.

So in such scenarios bolt is handy!
    Keep an eye on motion of your teammate and shoot the bolt.
    Most of the times I get "Miracle" , with bolt u have better command over healing from a distance. :)

Babablacksheep and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Bolt perfected my tesla bolt aim. Nothing like the pressure of someone depending on you for heals across the map, I say.

The Otherguy and Tirth2_ like this.
  5. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I would also add. Get the unstun on the repair bolt (pretty far down the tree). I have seen many a speeder killed when they try and stun lock someone only to have a blast cannon to the face when the stun is removed and they are lining up a shot. It also helps when your friendly speeder is trying to get back and can’t overboost or nitro (if you can hit them)

6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Added Note: Teammates count as "another object" for this purpose, blocked shots work both ways

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Not when they move just when opposite team is about to shower all shots! :(

8. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

I don't get that "bolt or pulse" debate. They are different tools, with different strengths and weaknesses, and I just think you really need both, as they complement each other in important ways. Pulse has the advantage of fixing several boats at once ; when the unfriendlies are shooting more or less randomly, or when they are mortar-spamming, it definitely has the edge over the bolt. But then, when your opponents are focusing their fire on one boat, the pulse is of little use because it takes time for its fixing to come into effect — time your ally doesn't have. That's when you need a good bolt, which also has the range advantage.
    It's a situational matter.

9. Head Zilla

Head Zilla Member

Agree with you , i am using fixer since i had mk4 , now on mk5 i have 2800+ infamy points... in a month.

10. Gloryah

Gloryah Member

My son has an MK5 Fixer running Bolt-Bolt-Pulse. He just got his newest high heals: 34,000.

It seems to work pretty good for him.

Scourge Argaen and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. TheFixNation

TheFixNation New Member

That's a good one... I'm actually training Felix for this one very soon.

12. Earel

Earel Active Member

tips from player in mk5 who play in 2200 rate ... yeap op... "play like me" = )
    It's like take advice about business from homeless

Kitterini likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

Stop being rude, m8.

Cyn and CaffeinatedChris like this.
  14. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

While you do have a fair point, as a Fixer I also found it hard to write a constructive reply to this thread. Half is generic pointers, and some is downright terrible advice. I tried writing a detailed response, but it read so negative that I ended up deleting it.

Id strongly recommend anyone looking for fixer hints to use the search function. Fx find and read the old Fixers Union thread.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Infamy based judging is not fair. Though I agree his advice is not on point. That's all I'm saying.

Kitterini likes this.
  16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Fair enough. To some extend looking at infamy does make sense though, I cringe everything someone uses the 3.5k Duct tape Fixer as an example of how thats a great strategy :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

For all you kids out there: It's not, and I'll personally hunt you down on the Bay if I hear that you main a selfish(paladin) fixer. Sewah, you too lol, imma find you and kill you ONCE. Next time, I'll ignore you and take out the next highest priority target.

Sewah and The Otherguy like this.
  18. Earel

Earel Active Member

Equip + lvl + ship lvl = directly linked with rate.
    If u can't up in top with normal item + ship ... so u are not so good >> and if u not good - take advice , don't give it.

19. TheAntiSnipe

?

Ash KOT likes this.
  20. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

He is saying that unless you are at the top of the game with normal items, ship level etc, then you are not good enough to be giving advice and should be asking for help.
    Its a ludicrous attitude, even new players can pick up some tips / advice that are worth sharing with the community.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.