1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving mechanics help

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by dikshift, 4 May 2017.

1. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

New player here, I've been a bit annoyed at the moving mechanics of the game. Intuitively, you would think left and right means your ship moves left or right; nope, it simply rotates your ship. This leads to confusion sometimes when I've rotated so much in battle that I can't tell which way is forward or backwards, and end up moving into a mortar instead of away. Or, I get stuck in the wall and can't move out easily. Any help on navigating better? Thanks

2. ChrispyChris

ChrispyChris New Member

I'm not a pro by any means, but the movement is one thing I've got down haha. Make sure that when you're trying to turn, you're going either forward or back first, otherwise like you said, you'll spin. Honestly, there isn't much else you can do but keep a close eye and make sure you don't just spin. You can also double tap and it will make you face forward of your ship, which is nice when you get all spun around and confused.

Aside from that little bit man, it's mostly been playing that has gotten me better. I recommend focusing on keeping your ship going forward or backwards first, then turn and it will do a lot better.

dikshift likes this.
  3. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Thanks my dude, I'll definitely keep grinding. Game's really fun and I hope it gains a bigger playerbase like clash.

4. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Double tap when you get confused. You will get used to always knowing where the nose of your ship is in battle though. It takes a bit of getting used to but becomes second nature very quickly. Also, I play with the "rotate camera with ship" setting checked On in the settings menu. It helps me stay oriented. Some don't like it, but I can't play without it.

peaceful monkey and dikshift like this.