1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

More rewards for quests.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sreg, 25 Jan 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

I propose to add another epic chest for completing 24 quests a week, how do you like this idea?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think extra rewards for people who have time to ‘no life’ the game, is almost as bad as p2w only rewards. That’s the problem with events at the moment.

There needs to be limits, so that the optimal amount of time to spend on the game is reasonably achievable, for most people. If you want to go beyond that, then you will benafit from extra gold and sugar, but it shouldn’t put you so far ahead that other people can’t compete.

I think the current 18 quests strike a pretty good balance already. 24 would just overpower a minority.

Last edited: 26 Jan 2019
  3. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I say make it an epic container +1 year VIP subscription.

Good luck with completing more than 21 personal quests in a week.

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

If you leave quests unclaimed on the previous week, and then get a refresh by gaining a level, you can pad your numbers quite a lot.

5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Oops, Thats an exploit, reporting:p.

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is a great point. When Events were at their peak offering coin rollover and 35 coin piece boxes, Rovio believed they were giving away too much. The easy answer to this is to limit the amount a player can hoard, which is exactly how the rest of the game outside of Events works, but Rovio being Rovio decided to make a convoluted reward system that only works for no-lifers and P2W players.

As it has always worked, everyone gets the calendar rewards as long as they log in every day. Everyone gets the battle boxes as long as they play 3 matches a day. Everyone gets the daily quest rewards if they are completed. But you don't get more of any of those no matter how much you play, or pay. Those rewards have a built in governor, like item parts, pieces, and cells. The original ticketed event idea was almost that: grind until you get the event reward and then that's it. Instead of continuing with the idea of limiting rewards to one round, they made event rewards achievable only by no-lifing an event, and nearly impossible to get a second time.

In other words, they did limit the Events to one reward, by making it nearly impossible to get 2 of them. As a side effect even the first reward is now unobtainable by the majority of players, both by the in-event achievement requirements and the lack of carryover. The entire rest of the game allows carryovers, so I remain baffled why Event rewards are so convoluted, and ultimately only rewarding for no-lifers and P2W. Things like this are quickly alienating most of the player base.

7. envylife

Back on topic, considering we only get 21 Quests per week... rewarding for 24 is silly, but a bonus reward for 21 makes perfect sense

JoshW, Sidd gamer and Aether_Zero like this.
  8. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

Because it is a special reward, and 24 can be done if you try, ty 21 it will be as easy as 18!

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  9. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

You would only be able to get it every other week though. And you would have to deal with closing out of the quest screen after every battle on the last day - which is really annoying. It would be as easy as 18 and 21, you just can’t collect the last day.

envylife likes this.
  10. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i give you better suggestion . they should not limit the quest board to 3 quest . some quests take more time like kills 3 with mine or kill one speeder one enforca one defender. let those quest randomly finish During week.

11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I tried to get legendary but game was having so much lag . i only did 720 coins and had spend so much time . then its start showing i can buy 80 coins for 360rs . paying 360 rs for a random legendary perk don't know if its worth or not . they should let us choose which perk we want . or at least for which weapon .

envylife likes this.
  12. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

Any quest can be completed during the day, a maximum of 2 days, if you play a little, then there are no easy ways in the game!

13. envylife

Yea that's the disincentive of this whole Event scheme. Our choice is No-Lifing an Event for a 12.5% chance at getting the perk you want, or just playing it like any casual match. I'm fairly certain players were playing more when coins were rolling over, which should be Rovio's goal, but this scheme is counter productive and not rewarding for most players... no rewards = don't bother.