1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

More control over perk rewards is a GOOD thing

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miathan, 2 Sep 2018.

1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Since the main feedback trend about this event has been very negative, I wanted to write something about this.

" The new event chests suck! "

No, they don't. More control over which perk you get is a good thing. Previously, event perks were always decided entirely by RNG. You had no control over which perk you got, so the only way to get the one(s) you wanted was to just get more and more perks, until you were lucky. I've been against this since the start, and have asked repeatedly for a way to make perk acquisition more deterministic. With this event, that's finally the case. For 800 coins (or less, depending on your luck) you get an epic perk of choice.

" But, the chests are more expensive! "

Of course they are. When the RNG aspect is eliminated, it is effectively made a lot easier to obtain the perk(s) you want. Therefore, if progression speed is to be kept within reasonable bounds, the cost per perk has to go up.

" But, there are only fire perks and I don't use fire! "

Then keep your coins and spend them in a future event. The reward system can't cater to everyone every time.

" But, I didn't even want perks and they removed the boxes that contained parts and pieces! "

This is, in my opinion, the only valid complaint. What the devs should have done is give players the choice of one of the three perk boxes OR one of the old parts / pieces boxes. Yes, this might mean they'd need to improve the UI to be able to display 5 chests, I'm sure they could handle it. Actually, I'd go with 6 chests. Put the random perk box there too. Let those who want to try their luck use the old system, and let those who prefer the guarantee of something useful use the new system.

I'm making this post because I'm afraid the devs will never do something like the current system again because of the negative feedback. I hope they will recognize why the feedback is negative, and continue to look into ways to provide RNG-less perks. Just not at the cost of everything else.

2. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Nicely said.....i agree with you....what you said seems batter than now.......

3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Excellent thread. I agree with all the points. General outcry about this event was no parts/pieces. That's what I felt ( WTF no parts/pieces:oops:), I really don't care about perks. There might be different reasons for that. I never felt 80 coins were too much for a 'desired perk'. If you want to have certain perk and you are getting it means you have to pay more.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Very valid points. Well worth a read.
    I think that if this kind of analysis had been sent out at the start of the event, the amount of negative feedback would have been much reduced.

5. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

6. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    WHOA U GOT MVP?!

CONGRATS!

Lol someday the entire community will be MVP and I'll be the only non-MVP... * crippling depression*

7. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Good post. I agree with most of it.

But, I think 3 boxes would work:
    • 100 Coin, Event Perk Box - 74% Rare, 25% Epic, 1% Legendary - 10th guarantees leg. perk
    • 65 Coin, Old Event Perks - 60% Rare, 30% Epic, 10% leg. perk. - 10th guarantees leg. perk
    • 35 Coin, Item Piece - whatever the old percentages were - 10 guarantees leg. Item piece.

The uncommon perks are just silly - and should be cut out. Then, there are only 2-3 new perks, if that, for each event, so combining those into one box should work fine.

Unless they remove all the parts below rare, all cells below epic power cells, and add some legendary parts to the "parts" box, there's no reason to bring that box back.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2018
    PallabKumarS, XQT, Fish and 5 others like this.
  8. Miathan

Hmm, I find myself agreeing. They are silly indeed.

I'm not sure your numbers and percentages make sense (equal chance for rare and epic in the 65 coin box?) but I like the concept of your boxes.

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I partly agree. But they should let you choose out of all the perks available. Not just the new ones

10. Miathan

Every available perk was a new perk at some point. Besides, if we assume that Rovio will not make new perks forever (which I think is reasonable to assume), at some point they'll start reintroducing older ones, which means every perk eventually finds its way into the special perk boxes.

PallabKumarS and Shadow Moon! like this.
  11. Joey who

Yea but for example, I wanted to get an epic nade perk since it's probably the last event it will be there and now I can't. My only chance is to make 900, 1800 2700 or 3600 coins and might still not get a leg one.

Now I have to wait months for them to put it out again

12. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Re tweaking of parts boxes is needed. I still want the parts boxes. Like every 10th box gives x legendary parts and 1 legendary powercell. X% of epic parts and 3 powercells and something for rares and uncommon.

ShipCrusherCz and Miathan like this.
  13. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Yes, but that's because that perk was introduced during the old system. If it was introduced during this system, you'd have 100% chance to get at least epic one.

Miathan likes this.
  14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Unless you know something I don’t know or you are some sort of time traveller, I don’t know how you can be certain that an epic nade perk won’t be available next week and that it will be months for them to put it out again.

Shadow Moon! and Miathan like this.
  15. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Here's the thing. the reduced-RNG boxes are fine, but as someone who only uses flares, the CONTENTS were trash. That is not a very good perk for a flare gun, man. Can't speak for the napalm and fire bomb users, tho.

I would almost upgrade them to insulting over silly. Each green one is like a slap in the face. Even the rares are pretty trash, since you can only have one kind of perk, of any rarity (as I understand, at least) on it, so even the rares aren't that useful. Now, if you could load up a weapon with all the same rare event perk, then they'd be good, but lets be REAL REAL honest here, no one cares about anything but the epic and leg perks.

16. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

"+30%" is what makes me hate this event ,I mean devs made a rule that just unbalance the game o_O,even if it is only for 1 event,that is just stupidity.

17. Joey who

I said probably...

Last edited: 2 Sep 2018
  18. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I think he says that because there was already special perks for grenades, so it will be a while before they (or new grenade perks) are available. That is, if future events have only 3 perk options (which I don't like)

19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is all true... but it's too expensive. Here's what I said in the event feedback thread, where your opinion should have been posted.

20. Joey who

I said it cus it's at bottom so if they add new perks (resulting in old perks going away) I would assume they would take away grenade perk as it's the oldest up atm