1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mk6 upgrade suggestions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 27 Feb 2018.

1. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I read here and there about mk6 being a trap and that people losing infamy after upgrading.
    So Soon I have enough lvl for Mk6 could use some advice from pros.
    Like should i upgrade to mk6 with tier 4 Weapons.
    Also any other tips for New mk6 and for reaching Nightmare.

2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I think it's a trap that some people still say you shouldn't upgrade to mk6 as soon as you can. Matchmaking is still primarily based on infamy so I wouldn't worry about it (and you are probably being matched with quite a few mk6s already at mk5, aren't you). Of course upgrading your ship doesn't automatically mean you will climb higher infamy but at least you will have better chances to do so. My average infamy has been something like 300-400 higher since I reached mk6 about a month ago but I have also switched from speeder to shooter - so I'm still kinda learning the new ship and playing style and expecting to slowly climb higher when I get better.

3. DragonLegend

I get your point. I am already playing with mk6 players.
    Also i m a enfo user, and mk5 enfo is considered weakest in mk5s. Double tesla shield it is.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've seen several guildmates drop over 800 infamy immediately following the upgrade to MK6 of their primary boat. As it is a primary factor (second to infamy) in matchmaking, you will flat out be thrown into tougher matches with higher captain levels. I'd say if your items are mostly rare T4+ before the upgrade you should be fine.

I'm personally holding back ... may do a secondary boat first, but my item levels aren't good enough for the ones I'm looking at.

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

For Mk5->Mk6 Enforcer you should also build a Big Shield (assuming you're running a Small one currently) as it will drastically increase your HP; but I'd prioritize the double Tesla Shield over that.

6. DragonLegend

Oh..ryt Big shield, I was using bandage upto now..
    I have rare shield...building epic one.
    What should be the minimum standard for teslas?

7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I was using one R40 and one E20. The R40 is ok, but the E20 is too weak so have switched it out at moment.

8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'm not an Enforcer player so you'd want to ask a couple of them for opinions on the more statistical part, but I know that when I'm teamed with them it's much better to be able to absorb that second Railgun or Explosive Cannon shot with a shield. @Stelmo - got any pointers for a player about to cross into Mk6 Enfo?

9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha mk6 enfo is so OP! that I don't think any pointers are necessary.
    Get ready to ruin defenders lives ;)

A55A51N and DragonLegend like this.
  10. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

He is right, Double shield is crazy, Plus OB, Lots of combos to use too, Flare/double blast, Blast/Grenade/Mine. Flare/Blast/Mine are some of my favorites!

11. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Common t1

Stelmo likes this.
  12. DragonLegend

Lol...i mean for 3500+ minimum tesla lvl

13. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Mine was only a rare T1 back when I was around 3500.
    Really T1/T5 doesn't matter, if it's not epic/legendary it's gonna break on the first hit 90% of the time anyway.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  14. DragonLegend

Now that's some pro tip. Thanks
    Now what should i do with two spare rare TS saved for t5 upgrade...lol

15. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha I'd build it anyway:)
    Rare maxes at 1177, which won't stand up to an ec/blast/berta but can tank a sniper shot or the smaller mortars sometimes..
    There's always hoping that rare shields will get a little buff at some point too. (No there isn't ;) )

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  16. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Yeah and like stelmo said, it won’t matter that much. My epic t2 can take 2 hits at best, and mostly when i block a mortar it breaks. It can only block a few cannons. 3500+ guns are mostly enough to 1-shot shield. But rare is always better than anything else, so just build it especially if you want a dual shield. 12 epics is almost impossible.

17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

If OP already has an Epic Tesla and the dupes to build up to T2, I'd say evolve the Rare; otherwise I'd hold them and say that you'll get a second T4 Rare before you get a workable Epic. A Sniper shot has a good chance of blowing up that 1177HP Rare anyways, considering most Nightmare Snipers are high-level Epics with the full rack of epic %chance perks.

@DragonLegend can you post an inventory snapshot?

18. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

I got a rare t4 at 990 something, Is the max after Buzz is maxed 1177 for the rare?
    And no that won’t hold up to much, Also. Train for all hp and you get duration perks.
    Does the sniper crit on a shield? I didn’t think it did.....

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

No

20. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Really? That makes them a whole lot more useful then if it's a guaranteed anti-crit barrier, that 1177HP would eat two max-Rare Sniper shots.

Guess I'll be lobbing explosive cannonballs at the sparkly ships from now on.