1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Missle launcher vs Fire Bomb

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by AsdfMaster, 11 Jun 2018.

1. AsdfMaster

AsdfMaster New Member

I have a mk4 shooter with a sniper cannon, railgun, carronade, and one empty slot for either a fire bomb or a missle launcher. Between these two what do you recommend? Reasons why would really be helpful.
    I am about 600 infamy and would like to stick with one setup and move on from there. All my weapons are rare and I am level 25.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Firebomb. Missles are good for later game when you can unlock more projectiles to multiply the damage. Firebomb is great at all stages and should suite you well

YerJokinArnYer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

Really, show me your levels.
    But , I would distinctly recommend fire bomb.
    I do not think that missile launchers are effective at 600 infamy.
    Also, for the missile launcher, Blastians crew training need to be activated to make full use.
    Fire bomb really allows you to take advantage of the fire effect .
    I like carronade but as you will be using firebomb( I hope) you can use a blast cannon / standard cannon with damage to burning targets and deal loads of damage.
    Plus, you wont miss your carronade since blast cannon is also a medium/short range weapon

4. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

Missile launcher for you.Since you don't use any canons Which req boost by fire damage.Plus missiles have good range, complements with your 2 Good Long range weapons sniper and rail gun

However missiles have a learning curve and are most usable after lvl 26 of blastain which gives it 5th projectile.So hold on to them,even if you aren't good with them in begining

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

TL;DR firebomb in the short run, missiles in the long run.

YerJokinArnYer and Hokuse like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder about this. After the missile nerf last year the missile projectile path is so random that I'm not actually convinced that leading is useful. Stray projectiles frequently go so wide that they will hit a boat that is going left or right regardless of where you want to aim. Leading front/back is the only thing useful to control, and even that is very difficult because the AOE is so tiny. Hitting with all missiles is equivalent to a 1% crit chance of a non-sniper canon, and that's all RNG. Missiles lack a perk outside of the 1 event, but in reality it desperately needs a perk to improve the hit rate.

On the other hand Fire Bomb is easy to hit with, deals consistent damage, and enhances fire damage of your team. In that it's actually difficult to recommend Missiles over FB at any stage of the game.

7. AsdfMaster

AsdfMaster New Member

I dont have any blast cannons on me right now and I am hesitant to buy one as I won't be able to utilize it's full potential as my bhurt is trained for sniper cannons. Also I see that sniper cannons are good in the long run.
    My rare sniper cannon is level 18, my carronade 17 and my railgun 10.

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is true.. Sniper is a crutch for campers who like to stay back from the fight... so easy to pick people off who can't reach you back, as long as your teammates are up front allowing you to see your enemy. I've been at this for 14 months now, have yet to get a single Epic Sniper, so RNGeezus made the decision for me... BC it is.

9. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Definitly railgun.

10. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

ok, what i said is fine.
    Just remember, what is in the meta works for a lot of people but what you like should be with what you play

11. Y0ur_Fath3r

Y0ur_Fath3r Member

Actually....... i use missiles and firebomb. I hit them with firebomb and make them run then missile them.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Y0ur_Fath3r

Y0ur_Fath3r Member

BTW my missiles can do abt 150 damage a missile and 3X150 is 450 total. At later levels it can do up to 2.5K. 500 damage a missile.

13. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Well,I think Firebomb is better than missile.With only 3 missiles at the low level,missile launcher is hard to use.Sometimes,it can't hit the enemy ship.The 3 missiles will travel together only when the enemy is near.But fire bomb has a good range(27),good radius(3.6) and it just needs skill to use it.;);)

#A FireBomb User:):)