1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Missiles, Big Torpedo or Railgun?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by The Blackfyre, 15 Jun 2017.

1. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

Hi guys. I'm having a small problem. I'm preparing for my MK4 Shooter upgrade, so I'm picking my 4th weapon. I can't seem to choose between missiles, big torp or rail gun. Need some opinions with my analysis. Before we start, I'm currently a lvl 20 MK3 Shooter here's my current inventory:
    1. Epic Big Bertha T2 (lvl 17) - already have the next duplicate.
    2. Rare Long Range Mortar T2 (lvl 11)
    3. Rare Standard Cannon T2 (lvl 11)
    4. Epic Band Aid T1 (lvl 1)
    5. Uncommon Turbo T1 (lvl 10)

I'm currently using a mortar-based glass cannon set-up with a back-up standard cannon just in case I get trapped in small places.

Anyways, can someone help me with their opinions on these weapons, i.e. pros and cons, how they're used, relevance to my current set-up (Feel free to also comment and suggest things in my current set-up in coherence to its effectiveness in the higher leagues)

1. Missiles
    I currently have 3 rare missiles in my inventory, waiting to become T3. I've seen how scary these things are in the upper leagues, with its quick cooldown and scary damage.

I can stick with this and I can easily level it up without the hassles of looking for duplicates. I can also shoot speeders easily in a safe distance, which could remedy the difficulty of trying to hit speeders with mortars.

However, I feel that I would be pretty useless once I get chased down by speeders or get trapped in places with low ceilings. I also have no idea how or the difficulty of using these, especially in the early levels without the Blastian skills.

2. Railgun
    I currently have an epic railgun in my inventory, I feel that I won't get a duplicate soon. I've used it a lot before, and I'd say I'm pretty okay with it.

I used to use it as a finisher after I initially shower them with mortars. It usually kills in a single combo. I also love how devastating it is and how pretty easy it is to hit. It would also be nice to have a nuke that can be shot even inside a tunnel or an area with a low ceiling.

The problem is I find the huge cooldown annoying and the fact that its damage gets reduced when the enemy is close.

3. Big Torpedo
    I got a rare one in my inventory, and I think I can easily evolve it because its easier to get the duplicates. I currently have no experience with using it (nor any torpedoes for that matter, always thought they were too slow).

I've seen how irritating these things are and how amazing the splash damage is. Like the railgun, it would be nice to have a nuke useable in a place I can't use my mortars; even better since its cooldown is much more faster and it can be used a lot easier in enclosed spaces.

A con would be that I'd find it particularly a bit irrelevant in my pretty long range set-up since I can see how hard it is to hit people in long distance; although I'm sure a couple of speed perks and skills would solve the trick. I also think I won't be able to finish combos due to its slower projectile speed than the railgun.

So guys, any thoughts on which weapon I should use? Any opinions and experiences with people who use these weapons a lot will greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Very captain, training and skill level dependant but id say.. (assume all equal)

BT > Missiles > RG

3. monobrow

All decent choices though btw.

4. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

Thanks! Can you give me justifications?

5. monobrow

Sure BT has the biggest single target damage, unlimited range and splash damage. Overall the "best" choice in current meta imo
    Missles are awesome but only really once you are deep into the skill tree and have added missles and damage
    Railgun is.. well.. difficult to use, requires you also to go deep into the most expensive skill tree BUT. Once you get deep and if you can master it, is well worth it.

I have a level 10 RG sat collecting dust because it was the first epic i got amd levelled it before i realised the rest of the above.

Btw, combo BT with frost if you can, that rocks!

6. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

Thanks man! Greatly appreciated.

7. Captain miro

Captain miro New Member

mortar powa ;) but missiles is also a good idea, waiting for upgrade missile II

8. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Even though asking for guidance, the OP has such an awesome summary of pros and cons, anyone could just use that to decide what is best depending on need and preference.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2017
    aKifer and Shooter@Bay like this.
  9. ryeguybread

ryeguybread New Member

pharmaceutics, armaments, and enterprise
    Another vote for BT. DPS is so important in this game. So missiles would be the obvious choice, but I'm my experience missiles are useless unless you're close to your enemy. The effective radius spreads the missiles out too wide when at a distance. When you've unlocked both +1 missiles will they be more viable. Being able to deal 800ish dmg in one hit is the deciding factor for me.

10. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

I was told and I think myself its too level reliant. Ill probably look into it more when I get the tier 3 up for Blastian. It costs 395k when i had a max 215k sugar level. Its ridiculous.

11. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

Looks like I'll be praying to god that those parts end up giving me BTs. The 10° spread angle is that bad in far range?

12. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

Whats an OP? Sounds like a compliment though so thanks! ;):p

13. monobrow

OP is original poster = you :)

14. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

Oh I see, thanks!

15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Big torp user here, at 970 max infamy reached. Trust me, once you master the way the vectoring works, and understand the way ships move, you will never wanna change a big torp for anything. Most of all, it is a big, bad, smiley finisher. I usually double snipe defenders, then wail on them with this bad boy. Usually, fixers try to save them and take a ton of damage, too. Well, as with everything else, it takes practice. So ya, highly recommended. Though Im a mk3 shooter who usually rolls with defender/speeder.

JustinBeaver and Shooter@Bay like this.
  16. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

Thanks for the insight! :)

17. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

If u have a rare or higher sniper cannon, u can go with that too. It crits good, has range, is fast, and accurate. Two mortar types + two cannon type weapons is a build I am targeting myself. I use double sniper cannon and a long range mortar. It rocks. Planning to add a Big Bertha or a second long range mortar when I go MK4.

The Blackfyre and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

I got 3 rare ones, do you recommend it better than big torps?

19. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Sniper is the best

20. The Blackfyre

The Blackfyre New Member

Can you give me a justification versus the former 3? Your insight will help me very much.