1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

missile launchers or not?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Bepster10, 2 Aug 2018.

1. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

Hello to all. I would need advice on what weapons to equip on my MK6 shooter. My strategy is the "adaptive" one, that is, I use a little different weapons (except torpedoes). In particular, my game is on the average distance.
    My set would consist of 2 medium-range cannons, a special weapon/tactic and two medium-long range weapons with a curved trajectory
    Blue slot: heavy shield, patch, turbo
    Red slots:
    - explosive cannon
    - flare gun
    - mine (tactical weapon)
    - ball park
    - Launcher missile?

The Launcher missile is a very strong weapon, and respects the trajectory requirement, but:
    - it is difficult to use
    - it is very inaccurate with a long throw (and I would need a precise and strong long-range weapon!)

What do you recommend?

2. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

Do u have blastain lvl 26 unlocked, makes a fair amount of difference

3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I hear missile launchers are most effective at mid range, basically as close as possible. They have long range but don't do nearly as much damage from such distances. Try a railgun maybe?

4. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

No, I miss 4 levels!

5. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

The rail gun could be a solution ... But it has the problem of not having a parabolic trajectory and is useless in some maps, but it can stun. mmm ...

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

In my opinion, if you're equipping all three of ballpark mortar + flare + mine already, I think you're biased too strongly towards indirect/non-targeted damage to be considering Missiles.

Do you have a Blast Cannon or second Explosive? You already have Flare as the activator for the burn damage combo.

Zeek433 likes this.
  7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Missile launchers are pure RNG, try a mortar or firebomb.

8. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

I know that the incendiary bomb is strong, but I had excluded it because it is in conflict with the heavy shield! If I put it, I should equally distribute the power-ups between one weapon and another!

9. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

I have neither a blast cannon nor a second explosive! But I could wait to win the legendary explosive cannon and use that! Or, as someone else said, I could put the railigun on, because it can give you stunning and has a long range!

10. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    True.

( you Portuguese? One of your messages was Portuguese)

11. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

No, I'm not Portuguese but I'm Italian! And my English is not very good, so I use google translate to translate ... I think the word you read was translated badly or I misplaced it!

12. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I use a Railgun, but the long cooldown means that you must have other items to fill in. If you are hoping to fight mid-range battles, you need lots of direct damage to win the fight - you can't count on your opponent driving into a mine every battle.

Here is my loadout:
    Screenshot_20180802-182035.png
    As you can see my setup is geared to start engagements at long range, but if we turned a corner into each other, you would be at a significant disadvantage with a Ballpark and a Mine already - our Railguns would be equally useless but I could stay right in your face and hit you with Sniper rounds over and over.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  13. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I do recommend it, mortars in the later game, if your there you know, usually don't deal that much damage at long or close range, missle launcher is much harder to dodge than mortar, but it doesn't always land that much damage at longer ranges. I would say that the projectile speed of missles make it one of the best ranged arc weapons. It usausua lands at least one on a non yellow Target at longer range, and hits really hard up close. That up close damage is much better than any mortar out there and long range damage is probably close to on par with any mortar.

If your open to new ideas, then maybe try out a grenade with all range perks on it. I think you could get up to 25+ range on one if you had the talents and all 4 perks

14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is true... it isn't nearly as consistent as any other weapon. Many times I feel a weaker mortar deals more consistent damage... but when Missile hits, it hits hard. Consider the critical hit percentage at 1%... 1% of the time all 5 missiles will be on the same target. 99% of the time they are spread all over the place, and each hits in a tiny radius. The projectile speed delivers fast, but it's surprisingly easy to have a complete miss.

15. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

The grenade could go ... But over 20, aiming is difficult because one should foresee the movement of enemy ships in all directions!

16. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

I noticed, instead of the best weapon, considering the damage, the recharge, the speed, the trajectory and the fact that it should use it in the medium-long distance (about 35), it could be the cannon stand!
    The legendary cannon stand would do:
    - basic damage: 1000-1100
    - damage with fire: (20% + 24% = + 44%) = 1400-1600
    - the trajectory is good
    - range: 25 base +3 + 10% + 12% = 34.16!

Weapon advantages:
    - excellent recharge> "tactical weapon";
    - good range;
    - good damage;
    - good projectile speed and overall accuracy;

Possible disadvantages of the weapon:
    - He can not hit with obstacles in between;

R4Z0R likes this.
  17. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

xD bepster dude you talk like bill nye de sciency guy lmaooo

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  18. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

Instead, compared to the standard cannon the missile launcher has:

Advantages:
    - higher damage!
    - best trajectory!
    - destroy the yellow shields of the enforces very quickly!
    - does extra damage when the enemies are very close to each other

Disadvantages:
    - it's not very precise!
    - recharge a little worse
    - can not be used closely!
    - very inaccurate long distance!

19. Bepster10

Bepster10 New Member

I do not understand what you mean

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

On a mk6 shooter, StC is a no-no. You already get a lot of weapons that can constant-chain at that point. Standard cannons are what many shooters call "Wasted DPS". I'm inclined to agree. Missiles, on the other hand, are really good for hitting fast targets.