1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

missile launcher damage bug?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by acid420, 11 Apr 2017.

1. acid420

acid420 New Member

the missiles of the missile launcher often deal no or almost no damage even when i directly hit the enemy. is this a bug or is there something i do wrong?

2. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

@acid420, that's most likely lag, same as shots not registering. Well... I don't know how to solve this problem, but I would suggest having stronger internet connection.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. acid420

acid420 New Member

No I have really fast internet and the same problem also appeared to other players as you can see on youtube

4. kylek33

kylek33 Member

Unfortunately, even if your internet is strong, if your target's internet is poor it will have the same effect.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

i tried to troubleshoot my connection and found out that sometimes if i am connected via Wifi ping gets bad. (yes, doublechecked that i use wifi alone, no updates on phone, backgrounddata off etc.)
    Its a bit difficult because this issue does not seem to be directly Battlebay related but related to your OS and/or Device... here it gets more complicated and thats the reason i stopped trubleshooting it. after emulating Android to get different wifi adapters to test whats going on i thought: maybe thats a bit to much effort... i mean its not Esports yet ;)

6. Eat this Sissy!

Eat this Sissy! New Member

I think that missle is peace of s..... Do almost no damnage, internet is good enough 200 meg with ping 2-3 ms and i don't think all my enemy have bad internet. It need to be fix :)

mammoth1946 likes this.
  7. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

ping of 2-3 ms in Battlebay is possible? wow :D

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Could you please check your ping from the options menu. Laws of physics say that to get 2ms ping you would need to live closer than 200km from the server, and that is the theoretical best case situation. From your country to our game server the ping is much more expected to be around 300 ms.

9. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Germany, Telekom, around 120 ms

10. Eat this Sissy!

Ok i will check that is from my com, i will check from game.

11. Eat this Sissy!

Oh yeah, sorry i was looking around, to find that tiny info at the buttom. Ping is 315 ms .... too bad huh? :rolleyes:
    Still the missle do really bad dmg.... load a little quicker or do a little more dmg "in actual" would make it really good weapon. :)

And for splash people can be wrong and correct to improve, but there's no hope for ya. :(

12. kylek33

kylek33 Member

Missiles are deadly if you're accurate with them. Their AoE is small but their projectile speed is high, it just takes some practice.

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. MisterPumpkin

MisterPumpkin New Member

It happens to me too, I got an epic one, lvl 7, it only does 20 dmg sometimes for some reason.

14. Baraba$

Baraba$ Member

its not a bug,missile launchers are not that accurate,like in other games its like a weapon with low attack rate.,if its high in accuracy then all of us will tend to use it because of its devastating damage, it will be overused like fg+bc combo LOL!!!.,.

15. Baraba$

Baraba$ Member

and its projectile speed is way too fast and it has a shorttime cd

16. Thorketilk

Thorketilk New Member

Sometimes I’m in the hit box of missiles, I just don’t take any damage, even straight in the middle. In other cases, I use missiles, and even if it appears to land on the enemy, still does no damage. I don’t have internet connection issues. And even high ping (for you or your opponents) doesn’t make it that bad for any other weapons, but would just for missiles ????? Come on ...

17. PUTDATCOOKIEHDOWN!

PUTDATCOOKIEHDOWN! New Member

I noticed that sometimes with point damage weapons that you will shoot the enemy and you know it wasn't a miss and it would still be 0 damage, however I never noticed it on missile launcher maybe because I'm shooting from far ranges most of the time. Lol

18. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    I'm curious what the ping will be if I sit right beside the large server computer XD

19. PUTDATCOOKIEHDOWN!

PUTDATCOOKIEHDOWN! New Member

I'm curious what the ping will be if you somehow can attach a Ethernet cord from your phone directly to the servers XD

The Otherguy and TheFixer27 like this.
  20. Iron Moustache

Iron Moustache New Member

Fixing up random boats under duress
    A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
    Ping: 0
    ASCENSCION ACHIEVED. GODHOOD REACHED. THIS IS A GOLDEN AGE.