1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Minimize Infamy Dropping???

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Jamel H., 24 Feb 2018.

1. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

The latest update to achievements was huge in my opinion. Especially the ability to earn legendary weapons.... thank you tremendously! However, I noticed that there is no way to earn legendary shields, turbo and so on.
    How about an achievement for 3 Star battles. Perhaps this will help to minimize some of the seal clubbing that goes on so much. Maybe there's a way to encourage better battle performance overall, just as you have now encouraged players to use weapons in order to earn the legendary version of that weapon.

For exampe... 50k battle stars for a legendary blue items.

Last edited: 24 Feb 2018
  2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    The thing is, 3* achievements if anything would encourage seal clubbing. Why? Well it is much much easier to get 3* when you're 500-1000 infamy down from your max and playing vs weaker opponents of course. We do need to find some way to encourage playing legit tho

3. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

For exampe... 100k battle stars for a legendary blue items.
    Thats not true, because Rovio penalizes the seal clubbers once they're 800 down from their highest infamy. When infamy drops that low, a person can put up their best performance ever and they will only receive 1 star for the effort.

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I think what would help the infamy system is the obvious thing. Rewards should scale with infamy not with captain level. Imagine a M6 fighting down at 280 infamy. Sure he slaughters his foes. And he gets a rain of common parts and a pittance of gold/sugar for his trouble. I'm guessing the population of seal clubbers would drop dramatically. Insofar as people cannot drop more than 800 points, that only matters for people who actually let their infamy high to start with. I haven't [yet] so there's nothing stopping me from upgrading to a M5 right now and fighting at 650 infamy. Or getting a M6 however many weeks from now and doing the same thing.

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

So logical... makes so much sense.

PastelPiku likes this.
  6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Thanks. As I've gone up in level myself this has become so clear to me. I'm fighting at the same infamies I've been fighting at since level 10 but I am making A LOT more gold & sugar and I have access to way more blue parts now that I'm level 30. There are similar problems with the lottery. Noob stuff ought to drop noob gear. This seems like an obvious element of game design.