1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sreg, 7 Dec 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

Hello everyone, I have recently observed that players often use mines as their main weapon, and this has led to the fact that the whole game has turned into a sapper game.
    Why do I need a game about a sapper when I want to play a real sea battle! Where players show their skills in shooting and firing on the battlefield. And if a player can only scatter mines, then it says that the player does not know how to play as a professional, does it make sense to play?
    Therefore, I propose for the sake of the test, reduce the firing range of mines to 2 units, at least for a week for the sake of the test!

2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

If it were up to me I'd make it so mines drop right where your ship is.
    If a player wants to barricade an enterance they would have to be out in the open to do so.

3. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Many threads on this. Also...search for complaints about mortar spamming and sniper rifles. Its like everyone wants ships to use swords or fists and have only close combat else you are not a real warrior.

Look, I felt your way too when the mine event started. Then I just sat still and blew the other boats out of the water. Every weapon has a pro and con. If you pay attention and see that some shooter is running 4 mines, then YOU have the advantage, not him. Everyone is down on mines saying the user is inexperienced. The opposite can also be said for the players who constantly run into it. Stop getting hit by mines and the other players will stop using them.

Use your battle skills to outsmart the enemy. If they are using all torps, play close range. If they use carronades, play a far game. If they are using mines, stop rushing them and make them come to you.

4. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

I think a major problem with mines is that you can trigger them without touching them. I'm not talking about when they time out and explode and do damage. I'm talking about a recently placed mine that you are clearly not touching and it blows up, this is not how mines work an actual mine needs to be touched to trigger it. This needs to be fixed it is complete garbage to think I'm driving around a mine only to have it explode.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Protip: The "active radius" of a mine can be measured with a tesla shield.

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  6. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Ok but why does it exist at all?

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Ask a dev lol. I usually don't wonder about rules as much as how to "appear" to bend them so that I can mess with my opponents' heads.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Also @Sreg nade profile pic warz are ON :D

I have one that you'll looooove~

Agile Vanguard and JoshW like this.
  9. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

You have failed me, you're supposed to have all the answers. Lol

TheAntiSnipe and JoshW like this.
  10. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

I love my two golden mines. I play a close game with them and love watching the buzzing sniper speeders run them over.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

That's fine mines should be run OVER not run NEXT to in order to blow up

Last edited: 8 Dec 2018
  12. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

I have a t3 leg mine. But i think it needs nerf. Why? Mines make games boring.
    Just increase cooldown to 17s. Then it's all right.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2018
    Sidd gamer and What's Up Player like this.
  13. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Mines in Event Bay are an annoyance and should get a nerf during TDM events.

Mines in ranked matches( of which I haven't intentionally played a ranked match in over 3 weeks) are completely balanced. No nerf needed in ranked battles.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    The devs specifically said they're "proximity mines" in a Battle Baysics video. My main question is, why?! It has contact pins, so yeah... I think that's the only problem with mines, honestly. Tweak it so you need to touch the mine itself in order to activate it. It might not reduce mine spam complaints, but at least those who are patient enough to put up with mine spam can cross minefields.

Help I Cant Swim and Hellcat_17 like this.
  15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Mines are an issue because they are good for Events, and that's all anyone plays now. Stop Events, and mines magically go back to the 2nd or 3rd tier weapon they were designed to be. Knowing that won't happen, the next best thing is to reduce mine duration in all respawn events.

16. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

I mostly don’t like what they throw through the walls, instead of barricading their point so that the enemy doesn’t come near, because this is the point of the mines!

17. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Hopefully they Dev team will update the name to better reflect the function with this being the case.

18. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

nothing like that bro..
    if so they have to stop all weapons.
    all weapons are equal. else u have to reduce all weapons to limit "2". using excan or fire bomb, mines, blast can, torps. every thing comes under spam if it is more than 1 unit.

19. TheAntiSnipe

He's talking about range and not "number of weapons"

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  20. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Wow, so much going on here. First of all "real sea battle" but magical shields, repair bolts, pools of fire that only burn the enemy etc..... Yet mines are the unrealistic part.
    "Professional"? Who here is professional? Who on earth is paying them and are they hiring?
    What test? This is just shootea boring " nerf the weapon I don't have" post.
    Yawn!!?!