1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mid Season Item Popularity Snapshot.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tirth2_, 18 Oct 2017.

1. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Hey there,
    This post is basically an overview of most popular items among top 50 Global players observed in midseason.

• Process: I took snapshots of profiles of top 50 global players in almost midseason. Made an excel sheet of what items is used by each of them, count and ships. After long calculations, i've come up with this post.
    So, basically there are two ways to determine most popular item among top global players:
    • Analysing that each specific item is used by what % of top players:
    Example: If 1 player out 50 uses an item, the % is equal to 2. That means, 2% of top players use that item.
    • Determining the % of slots occupied by each item among its own type(colour):
    Now, this is a bit difficult to dig in and explain and so I will leave this post till the above method.
    So, below is the table of items arranged according to their popularity from most at the top to least at the bottom.
    Capture.PNG
    • So, from above table, we can easily conclude that Turbo is the most used item followed by Big Shield and Bandage.
    • I haven't included some items as they weren't used at all by any top player during that time of instance.
    PS: - I tried to make this post as short as possible so if you want me to make an elaborated post including conclusions and explanations, please let me know in the comment section.
    If this post gains enough views and comments I will be making post on method 2 and most used ships too.

Thank you so much for reading.

2. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

So explosive cannon has surpassed sniper? Interesting!
    (Thanks for doing this!)

3. Tirth2_

I was thinking of keeping records for mid and end seasons in order to observe trends in change of usage of items. :)

4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I would like to see items per class.
    I.e. top 50 speeders used... and then what you did up there.

Tirth2_ likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I like what you did there. Thanks for the effort! Thumbs up!

The Otherguy and Tirth2_ like this.
  6. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

Soooo..No gearlube huh:rolleyes:.. Looks like devs have to make some changes to this item. Maybe it can serve the purpose of reducing weapon changing cooldown so that more people will start using it. BTW Thanks for the info. All we see in forum nowadays is whining and complaining (ironic I am doing it right above). It is nice to see some quality post like this.

Last edited: 18 Oct 2017
  7. Tirth2_

Need to fetch the data... this I easily looked up on global. Next post on ships and category wise popular items. :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Tirth2_

Cheers mate! And ya some significant changes in rudder and lube would help in increasing its popularity among top players. :)

The Otherguy and Zerolive like this.
  9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Ballpark needs a buff

The Otherguy and Tirth2_ like this.
  10. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

They should just combine rudder and gear lube into a single one slot item, I bet it would still be the least used blue item

What's Up Player, Iunch, Ian and 9 others like this.
  11. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Thanx for doing this really appreciate it.
    Kitterini does the same with metasnapshot series maybe you can collaborate with him to give us even more info in one place

behumble and Tirth2_ like this.
  12. Crashedup

No it will not be least used item then it will become the most used item then you can even say on the level of being op.
    Imagine a defender equipping two your item. Or even one for that matter

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

I like that idea and it was already discussed in previous forums. If combined it would be a beast but people still want hp or speed or healing because they don't know how effective it would be in 1 vs 1 and how it could solve all the problems of the defenders. Maybe it would be popular against top players but for masters league players who sit back and hit torp and mortars, like you said it would still be unpopular item.

14. Tirth2_

Unfortunately , I dont know much about him/her. It would be great if you could tell me more about him/her.

15. Crashedup

Reply he is a well known member who is quite friendly and popular in the forum you can pm him about this.
    If you want I can tag him in this comment.
    @Kitterini
    I tagged you here because @Tirth2_ wants to collaborate with you for your meta snapshot series.:)

Last edited: 18 Oct 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Tirth2_

It would be great if you could. Thanks!! :)

17. Crashedup

Done but drop him a personal message too that way he won't be surprised and it's a great way to communicate too

18. Tirth2_

Got it! Thanks mate. I just found one of his posts. Thanks anyways. :)

19. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    It would have to be a 2 slot item.

A55A51N, Crashedup and Spinners71 like this.
  20. Tirth2_

but the boost it will deliver would be notable.