1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking Question.....

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by mustbeunique, 7 Feb 2019.

1. mustbeunique

mustbeunique New Member

So wondering if the Dev are every going to fix the matchmaking

My Infamy is 2200, all time high 2900 -- In the Events and Casual I keep being match with Infamy of 4500 to 5400

Thanks,

Su-57 and Djradnad like this.
  2. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Since event and casual don't have infamy, matchmaking there is based mainly off of gear score.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Agreed, Infamy isn't used in Casual and Events. However I don't think matchmaking is actually based on Gear Score as far as I can tell from my matches... it's primarily captain level, and secondarily gear score maybe if you get a quick match... if it takes a while it expands the range and includes any scrub in the bay. My GS is high 10's to low 11's, and I see players 8000-14000 Gear Score which isn't exactly competitive.

PallabKumarS and Redneck Messiah like this.
  4. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Isn’t ranked mode based on gear score?

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I can’t tell if this is a serious question, or just an awesome burn! :D

6. mustbeunique

mustbeunique New Member

Not based on gear score -- mine is 8k-9k and matched with 11k to 12k

So i'm guessing no one knows how the matching is done and the design of these 2 modes is really only for high infamy players..

I also see no one representing the game is on here, nor really anyone. So, i'm guessing the game is not very popular anymore

7. You what

You what New Member

Game suck now period

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The issue is the devs are hell-bent on giving faster matches over competitive ones, so if there aren't enough players around you right away, they just widen the matching criteria so much that it may as well be RNG matchmaking.

The Devs bailed on the Forum before the player base declined. What happened is they introduced added agility and a super-expensive boat leveling system that no player asked for, so players complained about it, but were ignored. Then they introduced new boats like players have been asking for, but made them nearly impossible to level up, replacing all event rewards with a paltry amount of ship pieces, eliminating all coin carryover, then added another boat with a new class of items, effectively lowering item RNG across the board. It wound up being a long series of progression nerfs in an already super-long progression system, and by the time all was said and done a fairly active forum became the ghost town you see now. The most recent changes to battle and league rewards were long overdue, so that was decent, but now with less players, matchmaking is in jeapardy status. It's what happens when the devs refuse to listen to the player base and Rovio refuses to market what is otherwise a great game. The next month or two will be telling as to the future of this game.

9. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Well said, my friend!

10. mustbeunique

mustbeunique New Member

Well still have not done anything with matchmaking

ME 2200 match with 5067 infamy -- I did 36K damage they did 75K dmg

If you can't fleet by more than 800 then DUH you should not be automatched with someone with 2.5X your infamy. Way to go Dev's way to go

PallabKumarS likes this.
  11. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    That's BB devs for you...anything is possible....

12. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

They don't have enough players to provide fair matchmaking. Simple.

This Is Me, Su-57 and PallabKumarS like this.
  13. mustbeunique

mustbeunique New Member

Yeah, i think its more the dev are just stupid and don't know what they are doing

And non-stop every match 4000k-5000k infamy with 2200.. So, fcuking redick...

Last edited: 20 Feb 2019
  14. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Last night I actually found matchmaking in Ranked battles to be more even, from an infamy standpoint.
    Probably has a lot to do with the EVENT being over and more people playing Ranked.

However, the ship imbalances were very frequent and I am getting sick of these drastically unbalanced fixer matches (2 vs 0 or 3 vs 1)
    These matches have become boring and usually you can tell from the first 30 seconds whether you win or not, based upon where your teammates are going.
    There are basically only two strategies to play and if you deviate, it is more likely your team loses.
    1. If your team has more fixers, stick together and you'll likely win. The more the enemy team sits back and camps, the higher likelihood your fixers will offset all the damage and you can slowly pick off the enemy 1 by 1.
    2. If your team has less fixers, play aggressive and you'll likely win. If all 5 team members play aggressive and don't give fixers enough time to heal, I would say it's almost a 99% win rate with the rate reducing depending on how many teammates sit back and camp.
    If both teams play correct strategy, then it comes down to whether the fixer's equipment can offset a couple big Mines or Big Torp hits in the middle of the fixers' team.

TVNPryde and envylife like this.
  15. You what

You what New Member

Ok Thanks, can you answer this question , how can a player play on the RED side and not the Green all the time

16. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

You shoot at the players on the green side only. The red side might let you join them if they’re nice. Else you can join your original teammates- SUNK.

17. You what

You what New Member

Didn't ask you -SUNK

18. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

ROFL.

Anyway, to the enemy team, you’re playing on the red side.

xBonk likes this.
  19. You what

You what New Member

Okay thanks

20. Jerry St.Onge

Jerry St.Onge New Member

Something needs to be fixed. This is BS. This flare gun event I’ve lost 15 in a row and 18 of last 19. That’s more than just bad luck. This a Rovio being f*** ups. Statistically 15 in a row should be next to impossible. Something is VERY WRONG. No more events for me until the bull sh** is fixed.

Su-57, Rhummy and You what like this.