1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking Lobby / Ranked + Unranked Battles

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PastelPiku, 18 May 2018.

?

What do you think?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I think a fun way to do matchmaking would be to join a lobby seperate from the harbor where you can drive your ship around, like a warm up area. In this lobby matchmaking could be more fine tuned and take longer, since you're not so bored while you wait. Suitable matches would be joined into your lobby, or you may find a suitable host upon joining.

Players in the lobby should be able to shoot each other (free for all) and deal reduced damage. They quickly respawn after being sunk. This would make the lobby a sort of free skirmishing zone, and playing around here means "I'm ready for battle!"

The game starts when 10 people are in the room, but if the matchmaking starts taking too long, it can begin with only 8 or 6 players. Players should be allowed to leave the lobby at any time as long as a battle is not in session. Ranked battles should be this way, using infamy as the ranking as it does today.

Unranked battles should not use this. One of the nice things about current battles is that they find a match quick, the battle is short, and it's done—you always have time for 1 or 2 battles. What would happen is that the more competitive and more rewarding gameplay would use the longer system, while the quick and frequent battles will still exist, possibly using gear score and captain level to balance teams.

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I could see this being abused by people managing their infamy.

Would you gain infamy in this ranked system?

And what are the rewards for this ranked system?

3. PastelPiku

Security
    You would gain infamy, yes. The free for all mess is just during matchmaking. The battle itself will be a regular team battle. The idea is to have our infamy based battles take more time to find more suitable opponents. The warm up lobby is just to keep players entertained while they wait.

The rewards should be nicer than the quicker battles due to longer queue time and possibly longer battles.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Hmm...

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    So you mean that people get transported to a place where they can shoot each other and respawn infinitely while waiting for matchmaking to start? Naice! Maybe people in the main menu (where you see a large version of your ship) can tap a button and go to this 'arena' too? That would be really cool; especially if we could still use the global chat to plan to do things like concentrate in one spot or to all attack one player :)

PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. PastelPiku

Security
    Hahhaah I'm picturing a horde of fixers mobbing around with repulses and just wrecking everyone until they're thrown into a match. So many possibilities for just messing around xD

wreck your day likes this.