1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking is Definitely Bugged

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Evilchicken235, 26 Nov 2017.

1. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    3D818901-9B56-413F-B742-59CF6E1A0130.png
    This is the first time I’ve said anything about matchmaking, it’s occasionally lopsided and unfair but there was always some sort of logical reason and excuse behind it. (Etc. To prevent queue times being too long for top players)
    Now this match is special. How can every one of our players have higher infamy than the enemy team? It’s either faulty coding/bad algorithm or matchmaking has more variables than just infamy and ship level.
    Never before have I seen a game, out of my 15000+ played, that the top player on the enemy team has lower infamy than the bottom player on our team. What do you guys think?

2. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Matchmaking has changed. Now it likes lvl of ships a lot more.

However, in this case the total infamy difference was over 3000! That is twice as much as I've ever seen. (Not that I've seen "that" much)

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. -SeeKnDeStRoY-

-SeeKnDeStRoY- Member

But ship tier are all balanced.

4. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha, awesome. Who won?

This is what pretty much all of my battles look like since the matchmaking was 'improved'. Loving it.
    Screenshot_2017-11-27-00-00-40.png Screenshot_2017-11-26-23-18-24.png

5. -SeeKnDeStRoY-

-SeeKnDeStRoY- Member

Cos many players at lower level, intentionally lose and drop infamy for the sake of completing quest or fixing their kills/battle ratio. So this matchmaking system is pretty much fair for newbie like me. Or probably the developer should use different approach for both low and high infamy, assuming nobody would want to drop infamy at ace or nightmare

6. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Ah yes, I have a plethora of SS showing the exact same thing. Expect it was all before the changes. Looks like it hasn't changed at all...

7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

No one likes fighting the whales @Flazor and I see that in many of those, there's a whale only on one side, which makes it an unfair battle. And it's true, it does mean you're in for a hard time.

But the flipside of that is as @Evilchicken235 said - you can't punish the high ranked players by making them wait 10 minutes for a match. The system will do the best it can to try to compensate, but if that "whale" is the only player in the 5500-infamy ballpark, they're going to get paired downward.

As far as the OP's match goes, that's definitely a huge infamy spread, but as some pointed out, the ship Mks are pretty close. I second @Stelmo 's question - who won, and how close was it?

Flazor and ChickenSurprise like this.
  8. Flazor

Flazor New Member

So the decision is to punish 5 versus make the 1 wait. It is an infamy feeder and actually prevents some from making to nightmare in order to reduce the wait times they are trying to prevent anyways. Many nightmare players actually play at certain times when they know it will be easy wins. I'm in nightmare myself and I don't mind some of the matches, but I get a match versus a 5 k player and I get teammates that are 2k lower in infamy. That's plain bullshit

9. Flazor

Flazor New Member

Yet another set of 10 games with 5800 infamy player seal clubbing everyone else. This is now a fucking joke. My money and accounts for my kids don't mean shit. My daughter gets slaughtered by an MK6 with all T4 gear at 600 infamy. B cause whales are hand fed.

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What in the name of... That isn't supposed to happen!!! @The Grim Repair how is this happening?

11. Flazor

Flazor New Member

Yet another, 4583 infamy and they have a fixer. The one player we managed to kill was right at the very end. Lovely seeing this over and over. Since the changes, I was 4014 infamy at season end. I get these matchups 9 out of 10 games. I dropped to 3200 fin infamy only to work my way back up ( due to more uneven matches) to 3700. Ow another drop of 200 due to games like this.
    I am giving rovio one more chance to fix this bs. I am in a friendly guild , I help lower players build skills and achieve guild quests that they would never be able to without me. I have 2 kids that play with another 2 that will be getting iPads for xmas. If you want our money, if our money is important to rovio, this needs to be fixed.

Attached Files:

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I dont get this one. You guys had a fixer? What happened?

13. Flazor

Flazor New Member

That's the wrong pic I posted. I am taking ss of the even matchmaking so I can build actual data so this doesn't come off as just a complainer on a lose streak.

Attached Files:

14. Flazor

Flazor New Member

3200 3268 and barely a 3 k versus 3500 and up. ? It's jacked

15. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Pretty sure new system goes by ship and gear levels so arguing on infamy difference isn't very productive. We've had infamy based system and we all know what happened to that.
    And that's what ace 1 looks like anyway. There's no chill.

Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Matchmaking definitly changed for the worse

Long live guaranteed loss system.

Riddlerpaji, ThatOnion and behumble like this.
  17. Flazor

Flazor New Member

Yet another way one. Turned out exactly how it was matched. See, here's the problem. Top players get put on a team with players that are 1500 infamy lower against their fellow top players and they simply suicide, and why not? Why would they spend their time in a losing battle when they can just suicide and get another game faster.

Attached Files:

18. Flazor

Flazor New Member

Here is how your matchmaking works out for me.
    Not wonder you have players hitting 6k infamy. They get hand fed infamy points. Look at the point losses compared to wins. +21 for a win vs. -24 for loss.
    Wtf are you guys doing here?

Attached Files:

19. Flazor

Flazor New Member

How do you think this one turned out?
    I'm certain you can guess.
    Mr. 4700 + infamy just got handed 24 more infamy. I couldn't make this shit up if I tried. Battle after battle. Data collected. Over and over.

Attached Files:

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Hmm, this thread, of the many made, has some of the most head scratching matchups I've seen yet. At my infamy I don't see this disparity, but only the past few days have I started to recover the lion's share of my 750 infamy drop after last update.