1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking based off infamy.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Thomas Summerbell, 17 Jul 2018.

1. Thomas Summerbell

Thomas Summerbell New Member

Hey DEVs, is there anyway we can look into fostering a better matchmaking system. I am constantly getting thrown in with mk3-6 platforms and I am a mk2. I really wanna play the game, but I am of little to no significance to my team or guild when I compete against people who deal 800-1700 damage with normal hits. Can we break matchmaking into these catergories: mk1, mk2-3, mk4-5, mk6-7. While the mentioned solution is not perfect. I think some change is needed. I can't really justify spending money on the game when I play my ass off and get 1 star or destroyed within the planning 30 seconds due to "seal-clubbing". I am unable to contrubute to my clan in a respectable manner, my wins rely heavily on my mk3-6 teammates, and the game will become unenjoyable becuase they have to carry low levels. Also, with the current set up, my peers and I are unable to properly develop our accounts. This will create an unsustainable customer base. Your company will not be able to sustain longevity, becuase new players are going to become frustrated by being easy targets for those higher level players destroyng us in 1-2 hits. Money wise, these frusterated players will leave before they could have spent more money on your game. Take it or leave it, but if nothing changes battlebay will die.

Attached Files:

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  2. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    You're better than most other mk2s, that's why. Your overall "power" in terms of skill, items, crew training etc (represented by infamy) is equal to that of a mk4/5 at that range. If you were to be matched solely with other mk2s, then the match would be unfair to them ;)

3. Thomas Summerbell

Thomas Summerbell New Member

I believe this is a prime example of how the developers think. However, the current solution would be for me to reduce my infamy from 900+ to 200 so I would be in the same mk2 range. At present, I see no reason to play the game becuase I can't keep up with mk5s I get 1 shotted by most weaponry and it's a buzz kill. I am a liability to my team.

4. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Despite that you still manage at that infamy! You might think that you are not doing good, but others who look at you may think the opposite :) Just try to go as far as you can and push on as you get better ships and gear to 1500+ infamy; there matches would be more 'fair' and less chaotic. But if you really find it that difficult and not fun to play, then dropping down is a possible solution. Some players like to stay a few hundred infamy points below the highest they can get to farm resources easily, then push when they want to climb to the next league. (Although personally I prefer to try to go as high as I can all the time.)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.