1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking and Gear Score issues with new event also

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Flint, 22 Aug 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello All,

Just played 5 battles in the new event today and again the same as all other events unbalanced matchmaking nd Gear score. I thought the Gear Score had improved, but what I see it is not.

For example the Unfriends Infamy ranges from 1000 to 1200, but the Unfriends have 3 players between 1000 to 1700 and 2 of 3000+ with T5 rare and epic and of course legendaries, but we have much weaker gear. So how come we are all in the same battle? Apperenetly Gear Score needs a much bigger improvement!

This is not to complain, but to address the ever present issue with the unbalance in the events. So, please post your screenshots here.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Flint

P.S. I will post some screenshots of my own battles and of others later this evening.

Reorge likes this.
  2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Here the first example, a lot of these Seal Clubbers do 10 to 20, sometimes 30 times more damage than the new players in the same battles. Some of them can slaughter an entire team on their own.

But there are others who playes 50000 battles who go up against new players who just played 5 battles. Guess who wins?

Screenshot_2018-08-22-19-12-26_resized.jpg N Tesla.jpg N Tesla1.jpg

3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The defender at the top of the ‘friends’ team is suspicious too. He hasn’t filled all of his slots.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Rather than sealclubbing, I just see huge difference in gearscore itself. I'm 5.3k gearscore and my opponents are usually 6.5k+ gearscore, with some 8k+ and even a 10k+ gearscore player once (even though he was on my team, I don't think it's fair that we're put in the same match).

envylife and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Often I can see in one eye sight why we have lost. And Gear Score aside, just look at the gear alone and you see right away who the stronger team is.

So, Gear Score needs to be updated.

CXXGXKBV.jpg NNRGDKNF.jpg ZNZFHXYP.jpg

6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Here you see how low the Gear Score is with people with legendary weapons and big shields.

And you see how they try to manipulate the Gear Score.

With battles with mk1 and mk2s it is even worse. Some of these guys win 20 to 30 battles in a row, do 10 to 30 times more damage than the others players.

Adam Warlock2.jpg Ha Quynh 96a.jpg

Attached Files:

• Shy.jpg
      Shy.jpg
      File size:
      82.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: 23 Aug 2018
    SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  7. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

View attachment 20998 View attachment 20999 It is really getting ridiculous as always the matchmaking in the events:

I got this from a relative who uses one of my accounts.

Look at this fricking Seal Clubber! And this is fair matchmaking? Come on be honest, this is utter ridiculous! He had over 5500 HP, look at his shields and perks. The weapons of the Friends team did between 100 and 270 damage. Please count the times you have to hit a 5500 HP guy and then 4 others.

From the start it was obvious who was going to win!

Have fun with this event!

SGRSQJZX.jpg Han-Yolo.jpg

8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

@Flint youve forgotten to hide the names of a few of the players on their profile page pics. Please could you amend your upload. Thanks.

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Matchmaking in event will always be an issue until the devs finally decide to listen to us. Not trying ti be a negative nancy, but these kinds of posts are pretty much useless.

11. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Had a fight yesterday morning. A guy forgot to take off his seal clubbing suit for a regular infamy match. He showed up in a 4k+ infamy match riding in an MK3 Defender shell. I was super aggravated.

What's Up Player likes this.
  12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Here from a friend. He said we won, but he did not enjoy winning. All the other 9 players were just redundant:

One player doing more damage than 9 combined.

Whoever says it is fine is probably a Seal Clubber himself or herself.

TXJLLXDZ.jpg bAO.jpg Chandler.jpg

13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I did not forget, let people know who they are. But okay you are right, I edited it.

But I wonder if my efforts matter or are appreciated by the Devs, because the problems still excist and I never get any response.

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Got killed in seconds, not because we were so bad, but they had such strong weapons.

This is a battle of mine:

PNHLNGBT.jpg

Reorge and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  15. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

mk3 defender with t4E swift, that's your ship?

edit:
    and t4R sniper and turbo, t3R big shield and t3E bandage
    that's only trying defender, not something different:rolleyes:

16. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Yes, that is me. I have never played the Defender, so I thought I give it a go. I used to play Shooter, but 2 or 3 months back I switched to Speeder and just bought a mk5, now after saving gold I bought a mk5 Enforcer.

If I like the Defender, I might upgrade it next in line. But I only play a maximum of 10 battles a day, so collecting gold does take its time.

17. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

so you complain about others but you use t4E weapon on mk3 ship? interesting...
    I agree with you, that devs should fix seal clubbing
    but why do you use op items on low level ship?

SlayerofSergeants and SeaNavy like this.
  18. ismailabi

ismailabi New Member

Easy solution to imply is, add infamy into matchmaking system, same as in normal tdm. Therefore, 2k-3k-4k infamy people will not get matched with 300 infamy seals.

19. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

What about the people who are actually experimenting with new ships? I'm building up my enforcer and trying it out every event, but I don't use any high level items as to not sealclub until I get to mk5, but if I got matched with people around my infamy instead of gearscore it wouldn't be fair to me, because I don't have items good enough for it.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I complain about the unbalance. I use these weapons, because others do too. If I want to make a chance against Seal Clubbers should I then use my T2 uncommon standard cannon?

I lost with my other account more than 15 battles in a row because of Seal Clubbers by uses weak weapons. But you see the others have legendary and blown us away in seconds on their mk3s, so you want me to use my T2 uncommon standard cannon instead? These Nightmare players use a mk3 while they have a mk7? So, how come you judge me, but not them is beyond me. The Unfriends had much stronger weapons altogether. So, if I used weaker weapons I might as well float, because then the chance of winning is -10.

So, because I say something about the unbalance and Seal Clubbers I am not allowed to use a Defender mk3 with my epic Swift for once in my life?

Interesting!