1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matching system for battles

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by RULZ420, 15 May 2017.

1. RULZ420

RULZ420 Member

Does anyone else have issues with how the matchup system for battles is dumber than a retarded newborn? I mean come on, most battles I get put into the whole other team is rated higher than the highest on ours. REALLY? I mean the game is great, but I get even get 2 wins in a row because I have to fight ppl 300 rating or higher than me. Seems like the guy that designed the program for this needs to be fired.

Kimberly12105 likes this.
  2. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Could you post any screenshots of battles where the whole opponent team would have higher infamy than the best in your team? This should never happen and we haven't seen anything like that happening before.

RULZ420 likes this.
  3. RULZ420

RULZ420 Member

I will definitely try to. Where do i put it when I get one? Because almost all my losing battles were because of lopsided matching. This game is freaking stupid. I am about to install it. Nah, I'll just try to lose so I can drop rank and maybe get the achievement for 7 wins in a row. My luck though, that's not possible.

Last edited: 15 May 2017
  4. RULZ420

RULZ420 Member

Probably gonna get screwed trying that also. But whatever

5. HappyEvil

HappyEvil Member

This guy definitely comes from League of Legends xD. I like the matching system. A lot haHA

6. RULZ420

RULZ420 Member

Cou
    Course you do. It probably is biased in your favor.
    And for the record, I uninstalled that also because of stupid developers.

7. RULZ420

RULZ420 Member

Here is another shot for someone else. Should be able to see this one. Screenshot_20170515-134923.png

Last edited: 15 May 2017
  8. RULZ420

RULZ420 Member

So why are the screenshots not loading?

9. RULZ420

RULZ420 Member

I think 22 rating in any map is just a bit ridiculous. Screenshot_20170515-135525.png

10. RULZ420

RULZ420 Member

Nvrmind, I got it. Screenshot_20170515-131118.png

11. RULZ420

RULZ420 Member

12. Miika

Miika Game Lead

So, what is wrong with those battles? In none of those the other team has all the players higher than the highest of the other team.

Sure, the 22 infamy player is quite out of place but as you can see that person is in a fleet with another player. When you go into a battle together in a fleet you tie the matchmaker's hand by saying "We want to play together", so it needs to place you into the battle together. For this reason fleeting has a maximum infamy spread which it allows.

13. coynedogg

coynedogg New Member

So the admin just answered what is wrong with the game. You have no control over who's on your team, especially when it comes to players fleeting with extremely low infamy. You're already at a disadvantage when the game places you in battle with people who invite them to fleet. So basically it starts as a 4vs5.

14. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

The simple solution is to reduce the spread the game allows you to ally wih. Currently 800 IIRC, why not adjust it to say, 300? Which co incidently is around the league jumps in the noobie leagues. 300 is still not great, but its not a complete mismatch (within 100 is pertfect imo)

15. OceanProHunter

OceanProHunter New Member

Hello... I support all the claims of these people! Well, set the infamy criteria aside, it's a fact that infamy don't decide whether the opponent has got strong weapons or not. There are numeruos battles I have played where a player with approx 350 infamy has got very powerful weapons, which are in rare and epic category. Such opponents, (who knows how they demoted themselves to a low infamy), can wreck those players who have just began paying the game. Such powerful players are situated in the infamy range of 250-450. So players trying to reach higher infamy points (even though they are skilled) will lose!!.

16. OceanProHunter

OceanProHunter New Member

I have got evidence :A mark 4 shooter can definitely take out many ships. Since the player's got rare and epic weapons, it just makes the game very hard to win.

Attached Files:

17. Fährtenleser

Fährtenleser New Member

While I understand your point, the MK 4 in the image you posted did less damage than 3 of its opponents. Hardly looks unbalanced in that example.

18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

All I can say about low level with high level fleets is, it starts with you. Refuse to fleet with people incompatible with your infamy.

19. Kimberly12105

Kimberly12105 New Member

Yes I do and looking at the administration comments they do not seem to care! I enjoyed this game a lot before and put a lot of money into it! I do not understand why they changed team match ups all of a sudden but it's crap! I was up 1800+ infamy and now down over 400 and can't get back up because of terrible team matching. I am losing considerably and it's fine to lose but never winning at all kinda takes the fun out of it completely! It used to be a team with very close infamy to yours as well on the other team now it is all different! Not that me saying any of this matters but you lost my money I'm done with it:)

20. Kimberly12105

Kimberly12105 New Member

That was definitely a bad example and I know exactly what he's talking about! Team match ups changed I'm not sure if you are aware of it but if you played the game you would see the difference! Im not sure if your game is out of whack considering how it acted up over the weekend or this is just how the game is now. If it is I'll be spending my money elsewhere :)