1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Match Making

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Shvitz McGergen, 12 Jan 2019.

?

Which team wins?

Poll closed 12 Jul 2019.
  1. 4 fixers and an enforcer

22.2%
  2. 1 fixer, 1 speeder, 3 shooters

77.8%
  3. Tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

Why does match making continue to be a challenge in this game?

2. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

How about 4 fixers and an enforcer v. 1 fixer, 1 enforcer, 1 speeder, 2 shooters.
    You dont even have to know infamies.

DerrickRose likes this.
  3. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

Next game: 3 fixers, 1 enforcer, 1 shooter v. 1 fixer, 2 speeders, 1 defender, 1 enforcer
    In my last 2 games, I've played with 7 fixers. 10 minutes later, infamy dropped 50.

4. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

How about this one that I loved cause it obviously ended very quickly: 1 fixer, 1 speeder, 3 shooters v. 3 fixers, 1 shooter, 1 interceptor.
    Actually, I'd be willing to gamble infamy just looking at matchups before matches start.

5. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Match making is such a joke now. 4 fixers with an Enforcer? I know we will lose even before we start

6. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

3 shooters, 1 defender, 1 fixer v. 5 shooters - Easy win
    Next game: 3 fixers, 2 shooters v. 1 fixer, 1 enforcer, 2 shooters, 1 defender

7. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

After a break, 4 fixers and 1 enforcer v. 2 shooters, 2 fixers, 1 enforcer

8. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

For the record, all those matchups (which continues to happen) occurred between 3998 and 3800 infamy. No issues before I hit about 3950. 26000 games, 2+ yrs or VIP, this is the closest I’ve come scrapping everything and getting about 1-2 hours back per day of my life.

9. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

You are not alone. It happens on all levels of infamy. I haven't played with teams with so many fixers since I started the game. I just stopped playing for a day and a half to calm my nerves.

10. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

Last matchup - 5 fixers v 4 shooters and a speeder.

I think instead of adding a big turbo, a mini frost launcher, or big mines next time, I think the core functionality could be fine-tuned a bit before all VIPs move on. I’m closing my down until this is fixed.

11. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

if this really matters the whales should try an embargo or like a boycott, get as many people who do pay VIP and spend cash on the game to stop, maybe Rovio will come to their senses

MiracleMax likes this.
  12. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

I get what you’re saying, but whales and VIPs are totally different. As a VIP, I “only” pay $9.99/month and over the course of 2+ years, that makes Battle Bay the most money Ive ever poured into a game by far. Plus occasional deals and in-app purchases, I’ve put more into battle bay than Ive paid for any game system in my life. Whales don’t need that crap. They’re literally putting thousands into this game, buying items that would normally take a decade (literally) to create. Those guys are going up to nightmare league, no problem, and then staying there to accumulate more crap. Meanwhile, for 9.99/month I’m being paired with 4 fixers? Fuck that shit. I have nothing but respect for the devs that made this game but there’s something really core here that’s missing in a horrible way. If they’re trying to make a cash cow here than they won. But if they’re trying to make a game that’s enjoyable for players that put a crap load of time into this, they’re completely missing the mark. People are leaving in flocks and its entirely because the matchups are BS.

R4Z0R and Mr. Bungle like this.
  13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    look at this . 4 fixers one reaper .

Attached Files:

14. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

Worse yet, the other team is perfectly balanced... There was probably a lot of right turns and heal pulses going off for 30 seconds before the game ended.

15. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

yeah definitely agree, just wish the devs would do something about it