1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Make the game more like an MMO

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 7 Nov 2017.

?

This is...

1. A great idea!

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Way too much work for the devs

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Could see it working out

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. lol

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. No comment

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I think eventually people will get bored of just shooting at each other in a 5 vs 5. For the game to progress further, we should add a variety of new things. First off, we should add something called instances.

What are instances?

Instances are interactive quests against NPCs.
    Each instance will be on a map and will have a specified amount of enemies and even a boss you need to defeat. When the quest is finished you get rewards based on your star rating 1-3. The number of stars you gain is based off of how fast you complete the quests.

Creating instances also means we need to create a new energy system. In order to do quests, we need energy, energy fully refreshes once a day. You can also pay pearls to recover some energy. Energy bar increases as your captain level goes up.

In order to organize these instance quests we need new interactive hubs. Different hubs are unlocked as you reach higher infamy and/captain level. Of course once unlocked you can goto any hub through gates or something. We can drive our ships freely around these hubs and go up to NPCs for quests.

For the instances, I would also like a auto loot option that is unlockable once you 3 star an instance. Then for maybe a small price like 10 pearls u can auto loot the instance without having to play it through.

Another thing that would be cool would be Co-op instances with teammates against much harder NPC.

I will edit this post with more ideas to come!

Last edited: 7 Nov 2017
    TheAntiSnipe and Ultrah like this.
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I've been thinking for awhile that a co-op campaign would be absolutely so much fun. Have the bad guys scale to your items/ship so that it isn't too easy. It would be a fun break from the normal competition.

3. Miku Da Yo 39

It is difficult to implement because this is more of a team game. Not everyone boat here can fight in PVP as a standalone.

4. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

NPC's would be awesome, or in game turrets

Could be a fun alternative game mode

Last edited: 8 Nov 2017
  5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

the poll options are garbage

Shadow Moon!, ThatOnion and NightXO like this.
  6. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

Make the game more like an MMO VR MMO! Why not?

7. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Not to shoot down any ideas - but if the game had been designed to be an MMO - it would be an MMO.

What I think makes a lot of sense is to hear about alternative game modes or things you would like to do in the game that would increase your experience and fun in addition to what we have currently.

To completely change the game design is - let's say at the very best highly unlikely ;)

8. Miku Da Yo 39

its over guys lets ditch this thread

9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Yeah exactly I dried my throat shouting ADD A LAST MAN STANDING MODE 10 players no teams choas kill anyone you want maybe this will be a bad idea for fixers but its just an idea devs can surely work around it.