1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Make mines ineffective in cap zone in the next event

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheAntiSnipe, 21 Jun 2018.

?

What do YOU think?

1. Mines and napalm are fine as they are(/I use them myself)

2. Mines and napalm should not work inside cap zone

3. Mines should disappear when a player respawns

4. Troll option ;-)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We have boosted cooldowns next event, and I'm super concerned as a player. Devs need to make sure the stupidity that ensued in the previous event(the mines and napalm in cap zone insanity) doesn't repeat again.

Make mines and napalm ineffective in the cap zone please! These things make it really frustrating for even the most calm players to play this event. I was playing with my regular gearscore ships(speeder and enforcer) last event, and I swear to God, it was the first time I seriously thought of quitting BB, and I count myself as one of the more composed players.

Look, if not this, at least make it so that mines go away(WITHOUT AN EXPLOSION) when a player dies. It's a really bad scenario here.

2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

If a player dies so do his mines with it.

3. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Is this a suggestion or is it already there??

4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Suggestion.

Hokuse and TheFixer27 like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

I wrote it tho! It's already an option!

Hokuse and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  6. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I don't know what to think about it... Oh, look a troll option! Take my vote :p

7. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

You could always play that game where you raise horses. It’s good for composed players. :D

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

We all *knew* you were a taholl(TF2 spy reference ;-) )

9. TheAntiSnipe

Shoo!:p

10. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    How about make it so that the more mines/naplams you have on your ship, the shorter the duration of the mines/naplams are? This way those people with mine/naplam on their ship as their main build will not get impacted unfairly.

*JAWS* likes this.
  11. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

If you ask me ( and I know you all will ), Rovio should just nerf all the weapons I don’t like, and buff all the weapons I use - you know, cause I don’t really like a challenge.

12. TheAntiSnipe

Sounds complex to implement...
    I'm a mine user myself, and also know my way around napalms, AND played a mk4 shooter in events to make sure that this problem is universal(yes I used the low tier uncommons and rares, not my heavy guns)

Your arguments can be punched with so many holes that I pity you and choose to ignore you, so that you get the chance to create a more concrete case than the BS "You want everything you don't use to be nerfed."

So go ahead. Change my mind.

The Black Rain likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

Also y'all can be sure that I'm gonna run dual mine speeder, or single mine enfo in the next event. Heck, I might even run a four mine shooter to piss people off, that is, IF this is an intended feature. Because if people are allowed to use mines the way they are in normal mode, and ruin the experience for everyone else, why not join them? They're having fun!

14. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    As long as you're ok with explosive and blast cannon you're good.

Note that I said ' you' and not ' me'

-creepiness intensifies-

Last edited: 21 Jun 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

You are allowed your opinion, besides you seem somewhat resistant to change. To my mind, as long as every player is dealing with the same issues as all other players, then it’s a level playing field.

16. TheAntiSnipe

Okay... Suppose there's a nasty mechanic in any game that reduces the fun factor of the game for those who don't apply said mechanic. Doesn't that mechanic need to be adjusted to make sure that the game is fun for all?

*JAWS* likes this.
  17. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

Exactly. Everyone has the same option as everyone else in the game to play it a certain way. We will find ways to adapt and overcome any challenge.

18. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

”Fun” is a subjective term. When Wayward Pains first came out, a lot of people complained, but I really enjoyed it. Nevertheless, the map was changed to appease the complainers and the map became less for for me. But I’ll deal with it, whatever comes.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

If the game has this history of making sure everything stays balanced, how is it that mines should not be rebalanced in the events? I'm not even suggesting a nerf-to-the-ground approach, making it so that mines disappear after you respawn allows miners to operate, albeit with a healthy risk factor: If you die, it's useless.
    This will:
    1. Reduce the clutter of heavily spammed mines in capzones and map areas.
    2. Make sure that people don't do suicide mining runs.

So why not rebalance mines in events?

20. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

1. Mines have already been nerfed to make them mostly ineffective except against mindless speeders.
    2. Mines don’t last very long as it is.
    3. Go ahead and spend all your time filling the capture area with napalm and mines, I know how to avoid those.
    4. As you are spending all your time planting bombs and napalm in the capture zone, I’ll be spending my time shooting at you. Who do you think will win that scenario?
    5. It’s too easy to win by capture as it is, since the clock doesn’t reset on the capture unless you die.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.