1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Lower mine duration to decrease clutter?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ian, 29 Jan 2018.

?

Should we decrease mine duration?

1. No, leave it as is.

23 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. Yes, decrease by 10-30%

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes, decrease by ~50%

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Just wanted to preface this by saying that I almost never call for an item to be nerfed/changed, but imo mines rly aren't conducive to fun gameplay as it stands! Sorry, but that's just me. Maybe bias bc I play speeder tho :p

In my opinion mines last way too long! If two players on a team are using mines and coordinating alongside a fixer, all they have to do is block the paths and chill out from a safe distance shooting their mortars, snipers etc. If any of you guys watched the Bae Watch guild tournament, mines ruled and cluttered the whole field almost every game! If this is the type of "strategy" and "gameplay" you find exciting, well then idk what to tell you. What I'm suggesting wouldn't be to completely kill off mines, but just hopefully reduce the clutter.
    So, should we reduce the mine duration? If so, by how much? I was thinking reducing the duration to half of its current or 3/4 its current duration would be a nice change. Mines would still serve their purpose, but no longer would you be able to block off a pathway for almost a whole game with a couple mine tosses.

2. WaveRider_

WaveRider_ Member

they should last the whole game but be able to be destroyed

Mr Meaner and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  3. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

The amount of time a mine lasts should be RNG based (rng number from 0 to 6) from a scale of 30 seconds to 60 seconds with intervals of 5 seconds.
    If RNG generates a 0 it's 30 sec, 1 then 35 secs, 2 then 40 secs etc. This way it is unpredictable when a mine may randomly explode on you. Makes mines more useful and removes clutter

Neptune_Gaming, Ian and Thinn Bihh like this.
  4. wangleiatnj

wangleiatnj New Member

mines should have friendly fire and they should be able to be destroyed by shooting at them

5. wangleiatnj

wangleiatnj New Member

another way to nerf the mines are to limit the total number of mines at the same time and the density of mines in an area

YerJokinArnYer and Ian like this.
  6. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

dont touch mines! Mines is ok !

A55A51N likes this.
  7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Would support mine duration being reduced.
    The other day was in a game with 2 fleeted shooters, who were using 4 mines each!
    Safe to say after 2 minutes of gameplay, it was nothing short of ridiculous sealing off half the map from the other team.
    Whilst it was an easy win, it sure was a boring game.

8. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I'd say leave them as they are. Each mine lasts a minute so you'd only have 5-6 per mine slot which isn't a lot of space. Having players with 4 mines or so is probably an extreme exception.

This won't ever happen, having a player on your team with a mine in that scenario would become a bigger liability than the enemy and won't promote positive team play. Being able to shoot a mine would also undermine it's purpose.

Neptune_Gaming and Ian like this.
  9. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Mines should be 2 slot's points *grab popcorn*

ThatOnion and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  10. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

+100% damage :D

11. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Ik it's not usually a problem in most games, but as you can see here it can be a real issue: <- one game specifically that was ridiculous was at 1 hr 58 mins into the stream. Although I only watched a couple of games, every game I saw was pretty similar

Last edited: 29 Jan 2018
  12. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

#LeaveThatMineInPeace

:p

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  13. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Won’t affect me!
    6482328A-8FAE-4ADC-AD98-C58782DB81B6.png

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  14. Miku Da Yo 39

Pretty decent setup
    You should really not run rudder though unless you can get your agility REALLY high. Make sure you got standard and big shields building

15. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

The only change i can come up with is making them expire and sink without doing harm.
    That would be fair

16. Miku Da Yo 39

I think shortening the duration enough will make it more useful as a time bomb and people can time it so that it explodes when they want it to.

17. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

I hate it how I have to put an uncommon tier 2 turbo on to rival that speed... I really need another rare or epic turbo.

18. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

@a_creeper_won It will affect the speeders i'm playing with, 1 v 1 with 2 mines bored me you know lol

19. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I've actually seen a two-mined speeder bring a 1v3 to a 1v1. Unfortunately this was a long time ago and I don't remember which of my 2 accounts it was on.

20. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Mines are fine. If someone builds a mine clutter just take another route. This promotes more tactical play. And a shooter or any other ship can’t build a minefield alone (if not 5 mine setups). If you have 3-4 mine users then they have less firepower and you just have to move to another place and if they mine that one too, just take a third one. If you just stay in the same place, you will lose