1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Limit the Amount of Any Weapon Items use to 2. Don't allow 3, 4, or 5 of any weapon or item.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 16 Mar 2018.

?

Ban using the same weapon or item 3 or more times. Fix it. Or nerf using 3 or more.

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    65.8%
  1. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I posted this idea in an Update thread.
    But am now starting a new Post here to give the community a chance to vote on this idea.

We all have been in a battle were a Friends team member armed all of one weapon x 5. Or one of all the same item x 4. Or x 3.
    In these matches.... these players most likely had to be carried to victory. You could not count on this player to help you win.

Before anyone starts posting back about an unnamed player or two that make using all the same item work for them. My thread here is about meta abuse of using questing weapons x multiples beyond what is effective.

Sadly not every weapon is as usable as 5 x sniper cannons.
    Most of the time it is like the recent friend team member that used 4 standard mortars and a mine. We were in wayward pains arena. His load out was useless. We lost bad. Under the developers fair play mantra to always play your best. These all 3 of or all 4 or all 5 of the same weapon or items....is sketchy at best to say this or that player played to win. They had to be carried to any victory they hope to receive. Carrying boats because they are selfish enough is recipe to lose. So lets fix it.

Common sense hasnt won for these players. So lets make it simple to them. And limit the choice selfish players can make.

So simple solution 1.
    Ban the use of 3 or more of the same weapon or item.
    Developers can easily code this to stop any ship from having more than 2.

Simple solution number 2.
    If not banning it, shrink the effectiveness of any item or weapon used 3 or more times by 25 % each. Making the damage drop. Or item use less effective. Ie. Nerf.

The vote choices are. Yes vote. Ban the use of arming 3 or more/or %shrink the damage output and nerf em. Now every boat will come to the bay ready to fight. This might even stop 3 duct tape fixers. :)

Or No vote: you love having to carry your mortar spewing friend teammates. Or the dude using all 5 mines. Who cares about winning?

Enjoy voting.

Jaws

@The Grim Repair @Miika @Dmg don @Zeus

Added from Strict Salmon: custom matches are exempt from any loadout restrictions.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2018
  2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Cool idea! Hopefully this wouldn't carry into custom matches too, so we could still have a little fun once in a while :p

3. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Agreed. Custom matches. Are exempt from this restriction.

StrictSalmon307 and PastelPiku like this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I recently saw a boat with 4 snipers Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary. I was thinking that could be a very effective loadout, whereas others may not be (e.g., 4 carronades). 4 Napalms would be hellacious on the enemy.... as would be 4 torpedoes or 4 mortars. So honestly I'm not sure we should add this limit.

The real issue being pointed out is the use of WEAK weapons rather than too many. Who actually has 4 of anything leveled up? Maybe we should be discussing that instead.

5. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    I disagree on 3 but I agree on 4,5.

I know a lot of player use 3 snipers ( me included) blasts, fb , rg, or ec and it’s good setup with two right weapons to it. If someone goes 4 or 5 specially with mortar they would lose 9/10 but going 2 they would go 6or7/10 if they play right so it’s eveb better for quest to go 2 not more unless it’s a canon. I know a lot of people know how good I’m at quest best formula is 2 not 3,4 or 5.

Again i agree on 4,5 banned but not 3

6. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Specific Items? Yes
    Weapon class? NO

7. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Specific weapons. Yes. For certain.

Neptune_Gaming and The Otherguy like this.
  8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    No-one should be using more than 3 of one weapon... I can't think of anything good with more than 3... (unless you're satanas with triple fb, or Flyingdoucheman with triple Napalm, though even then...)

9. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I just have one question?. Do you have any data to support your claim?.

I myself use 3 BC on my enfo and its effective to me. This morning i was carying my team by contributing the most damage and in some other matches i won the game with the highest damage.

Don't dictate how others should play just because you don't like their playstyle.

10. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

I don't think this is necessary. If a person is a bad player, or has a bad loadout, he will drop. And if he makes you loose, big deal, it is only 24 infamy.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2018
  11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Notice you said you use blast cannons.

Snipers, blast...seem to be the obvious exception.

Would you feel the same way if your friends team member used all mines in an enforcer.

Or all stanfard mortars in an enforcer.

What about when u were with a 3 duct tape fixer and he didnt heal you. Were u upset?
    Did u report him?

My point for this thread is discussion.

Bare minimum that needs to happen is an item effectivness reduction. 3 or more.

Some here have argued it should start at 4 or more.

Then what that makes this...is a shooter nerf.

I prefer to be fair. If someone would say ban miku...as an example.

Then all 3 or more items should lose there effectiveness or be stopped from using it as a layout.

The most anyone in favor can say to not do this always use.
    Sniper,

Blast

Or firebomb.

Which shows everyone how Op these weapons are.

But many weaker weapons done in multiples. Are completely feeble. And that player is only trying to Quest.

And be carried.

Ie. Selfish.

Not able to help team win.

And again against new policy by devs to play to win.

Its time for Developers to dumb down the bay. And limit weapon spam.

12. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    no need to ban , i just want to ask , how often you do battle with this kind of player ( using 3 duplicate or more ) ? i'm sure it's rarely .

as for fixer with 3 duct tapes , the same question apply , how often you battle with them ? if you hate it , pjust report to dev after the battle .

13. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Honestly if this game had like real competitions and not just community events I could understand how rankings would matter to this extent. I get that people are competitive but at the end of the day this is just a fun game and you should be allowed to use any leveled gear you want to as long as you try your best.

14. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I gues people just hate losing

PastelPiku likes this.
  15. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Its not a new policy, the rules has always been 'play to win'. The wording new is just clever spin to explain why they ignored certain high spenders obvious cheating.
    ---
    I voted no. I get your frustration, but Im not a fan of limiting choice and how others might enjoy playing. I'm ok with losing (and winning) a few games to others running unusual setups.

16. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I agree with @envylife and @Rango8 . If the devs want to limit something it'd be better to do not let someone equip an item way weaker than the others he posses.

17. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Me too. I've had a shooter with 4 snipers battle a shooter with 4 mortars the other day. lol

18. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
  19. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Agree with F.QTR, 3 of a good weapon (usually 2-slotters, not mortar and all) if used well can be fruitful + everybody should have their freedom to choose any setup.
    In fact my dream setup consists of 3 rails.
    Zetton and i are similarly packing our rails together for a long time, (i use 2, have yet to get a third one added) and we do pretty well, most of the times better than the rest team mates, so your decision would affect the ones who know to use their weapons well too, which wouldn't be a good idea.

Agree with envylife too that most do not have 3+ of same weapon. If a player is intentionally not playing good consecutively for quite some time, then there is a report button.

USS_ironsides likes this.
  20. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

A lot of it comes down to the player and the strength of the weapon. Was with Z E T T O N earlier today running mine, sniper and 3x railgun. Carried us hard by destroying the unfriends. Now if it was someone who had only rares, or not maxxed or hadn't trained in railguns but was using them for quests, it'd probably be a different story.

I voted no, let people play how they want

Kitterini likes this.