1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's settle another debate. (poll)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mr. Aussie, 1 Dec 2017.

Tags:
?

What ship needs a Nerf? And what ship needs a buff?

1. Nerf shooter

30 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Nerf speeder

26 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Nerf defender

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Nerf enforcer

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Nerf fixer

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Buff shooter

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. Buff speeder

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Buff defender

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  9. Buff enforcer

61 vote(s)
    71.8%
  10. Buff fixer

30 vote(s)
    35.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Added every ship. Nerf or buff?

Last edited: 1 Dec 2017
  2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Perhaps an idea to edit you message to something less biased if you want this to be taken half-seriously? :)

3. Mr. Aussie

It's not bias? Everyone is asking for a enforcer buff, not one person has asked to Nerf it. But I'll fix it to keep the peace.

4. Mr. Aussie

What poll has revealed thus far.
    Shooter needs Nerf.
    Enforcer needs buff.
    Defender and fixer buff should be in consideration.

5. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Why shooter? speeder is most used ship at top leaderboard so why nerf shooter?

Tmfh67401 and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  6. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Nerf enforcer and defender.

7. Mr. Aussie

Hey it's not me saying that dude, it's the people.
    And as to why the top 50 is so full of speeders, the simple answer is that it's the most skill rewarding ship. A truly skilled player can get the best from a speeder.
    That's why there are so many speeders in the top ranks.
    But under nightmare league there are mostly shooters. You think of why that might be.

_devill and What's Up Player like this.
  8. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I don't like nerfs, suddenly a boat starts to be not as fun to play as it used to be. I'd prefer they buff other boats to equilibrate the game.

9. Kitterini

*Its a tiny subset of the people.
    ---
    I think you have a point regarding speeders - Its by far the most dominant ship at high end (skill, gear, experience), for some reason the speeder is (and remains despite nerfs) the boat that shines the most in the upper extreme of the playerbase.

It doesnt help that its nemesis (enforcer) consistantly takes even larger hits from the nerfs aimed at the speeder though.
    Or that Fixers had their selfhealing trashed & was reduces from easykill to freekill, for a speeder that is.

Speeder is so predominant at high end because it provides better results, loads of the speeders in the top 100 played other boats before rerolling to the class that has dominated for 6+ months now.

10. Mr. Aussie

Was just saying it's not my opinion :p
    And yeah, I definitely feel enforcer needs a buff. And maybe a fixer/defender buff should be looked into. But tbh, I'm happy with everything else.

Tmfh67401 likes this.
  11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Speeder is the most used ship in the top 50, but that’s quite a small sample, and there might be other reasons.

Beyond the top 100 shooter takes over. I’d say it’s still the most popular ship in nightmare, and beyond nightmare it’s more popular than all the other ships put together.

And also they’re a bit too good. Speeders are good when Bunta spends $80,000 on one, but mine sucks balls compared to shooters.

I voted to nerf shooter, and buff for Enforcer and Defender. If I had a fourth choice I would have picked a buff for Fixer.

Shadow Moon! and ThatOnion like this.
  12. Kitterini

For top players speeder is the least gear dependant --- A very clear pattern is that defender can reach the top 10, but needs heavy $$$ investments to do so. Speeders has consistantly had the highest percentage of f2p (or at least f2p realistically obtainable gear) at the top ranks. The other three boats fall somewhere in the middle.
    ---
    But I'd much rather see them look at what boats need buffs, rather than trying to bring the speeder into balance.. Make Enforcer better, let Defenders become viable at a lower gear stage & revert the absurd Repair Pulse nerf -- Then we can always reevaluate the speeder dominance afterwards.

13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I think they need to do small changes and let the meta settle instead of these massive changes that they've been doing. Take a note from League of Legends or DOTA (or one of the other long standing games). In order to achieve balance, you need to make many small changes instead of few large ones. Small changes also have less negative reactions.

I would do a decent buff to Enforcer across all mk's. HP + ship speed + rearrange the item slots so you don't waste slots from mk4-mk5. Then I would do a small nerf to shooters ONLY IN THE MIDDLE MK's. MK3-MK5. Leave them alone at the top.

Mr. Aussie and ViscountSniffit like this.
  14. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Please, devs, "listten" to what he's saying :D:D:D The game would become even funnier than it is

15. Mr. Aussie

Update! Added another cote point. U can now choose from 4.

16. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Nope. Nope. Nope

17. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    #BuffSpeeder

Ok

Cyn and Shadow Moon! like this.
  18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The problem for me is everyone points to the top 10 to “prove” how OP speeders are. But that completely contradicts my own experience of the game.

I don’t find my own boat OP. From my perspective, I’m running round with fewer guns and less hp than everyone else. Perhaps I’m bias, but I don’t find the speeders I fight against to be OP either. When I see a speeder on the unfriend team, I usually think “Oh good! Someone I might be able to kill”.

The fact is, if speeder got nerfed into the ground, I’d probably just quit playing, before I’d ever play shooter. The shooter playstyle isn’t very exciting after you’ve been nitroing around behind enemy lines like a badass.

I’m sure I’m gonna catch some major salt for saying this, but is it possible the big spenders just gravitate towards speeder because it’s fun and interesting?

It’s not like shooters aren’t seen in the top 10... so they obviously are good enough to make it there if someone is willing to put the $$$ into them.

19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Speeder is one of the best ships to play. It is also the most rude and crude. If you are a noob, speeder is going to kill you, kill your "ratio", mess up your real life and make you forget everything except "nitro, OB, burn, stun, blast, 180°, repeat". Speeder is ruthless. If you're not cut out for it, you'll know instantly. In exchange, to those who master it, it gives literally, infinite playstyles to choose from, and infinite heights to rise to.

So, you want to nerf speeder? You can only nerf stats, but speeders don't really care either way. Setups? No way, you'll kill every other setup other than some shooter setups that way, and it'll be a PR disaster to Rovio. So what are you going to nerf?

20. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Nerfs are not going to work anyways so lets think around the issue. How can other 4 live up to dominance created by speeder. At mk6 level speeder is having best potential to rise very fast compared to other ships because of the versatility it brings. So buffing other ships might work well as we have seen in case of duct tape the paladin fixer.