1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Legendary Tesla Shield did not recieve -9% HP nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 2 Dec 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Last edited: 30 Jun 2018
  2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Yes,It definately is.D3X mentioned in form of charts of upgrade,But noone gave a damn:(

I asked him what Rare T5 shield HP is! It was measly around 1100HP

Problem is it was good until the nerf which stuns shield,So even a well upgraded explosive shot will leave you stunned.

I would ask them to remove stun on breakage completely or make it like 1s,Buff it up

Currently Tesla shield is same boat as Turbo,Overboost and Nitro overpowered Epics vs Useless rare.Wide difference,Clearly in favour of whales

Last edited: 2 Dec 2017
    Earel and Shadow Moon! like this.
  3. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Absolute max is 1177.
    Gets broken on the first hit almost every time.

D3X, Ultrah, TheAntiSnipe and 2 others like this.
  4. Joey who

I actually like the idea of a 3s stun after you break a tesla shield. 3s allows you to get off a shot on an enforcer before his 2nd tesla shield goes off or a shot on a speeder before he nitros away.

But in this case, I just want rare tesla shield stats fixed to be balanced as it should be.

Ian and The Otherguy like this.
  5. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

It's 4 seconds I'm pretty sure.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  6. Joey who

Ah, my mistake. I really wasn't sure, and I should know, my flare gun breaks all tesla shields I shoot at xD

7. Babablacksheep

I dont like the idea of stun on break at all,Speeder have tesla bolt as soon as thier stun after shield break is over they stun and run.

Enforcer is the real victim,Either you turn on 2nd shield and get hurt and stun again or fire overboost and Take 2-3 hits anyway.I m a part time enforcer,So i know how much this hurts

8. Joey who

I've used enforcer off and on for a while, always ran a common shield. A shield that breaks even if you blow on it. So I know what it's like to have it broken and be stunned. I find it a very necessary feature and well balanced.

9. Babablacksheep

Stun is balanced,4s is pathetic.S.G vincigverra reached nightmare with snipers without shield,The same thing you use on your enfo.Everything is balanced for sniper user,Being one myself.Because you Fight from safe distance,Unfortunately all enforcer do not use that.Some of them use grenade and blasts which a are dangerous at close range,But you have to risk getting stunned again and again

10. Joey who

I am not always at a safe distance. I use flare gun, being my main and strongest weapon and it does not have much range so I do have to get up close. I still stand by what I say. And 4s is fairly enough because after a player shoots a shot they have a 3s viral boat cooldown, just enough to get a shot off before the 4th second where an enemy can nitro, stun or activate the 2nd shield

11. Babablacksheep

I m not asking you to change your opinion lol,For one thing that learned on forums is that it is impossible!!.You are true given your point of view

Anyways coming to the point,Tesla shield was designed so that enforcer enforce the team.I rarely see that these days,Every smart enfo knows that taking a hit and getting stunned is not a very wise descision considering that cool down of shield is 20secs.No one ever asked for shield nerf,They nerfed it anyway.
    My point is the shield has lost its purpose,see porthos' old video how thunder sword protects a fixer in his dual shield.Well! Its pointless now.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  12. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    And yet nearly every top enforcer uses double tesla shield, so I can't imagine it's that bad lol

Shadow Moon! and Joey who like this.
  13. Babablacksheep

Every Top enfo has EPIC T5,Insanely strong!
    And do they have choice of using any other two slot yellow items,Now that frost is not so good!

Its not bad by any means,But as i said all those enfo are agressive and they never enforce team(The orignal purpose)

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  14. Joey who

I change my opinion sometimes xD

Anyways, whether tesla shield is used how it should be or not or if it should have a 4 second stun or not, that's not what the thread is about.

This thread is about a statistical error. Either rare tesla shield is too weak or legendary tesla shield is too strong (statistically).

I'd like to know is for any reason this is intentional or if it's a flaw that will be fixed.

@Miika @The Grim Repair

15. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

The rare one is just weak, because if you decrease the power of the legendary one, that will nerf the Tesla shield which is something that should not happen.

16. Joey who

There was a case where sniper had this statistic error. It was found that the sniper was too strong due to a previous nerf that nerfed all snipers but accidenally left the legendary sniper untouched. I don't recall a previous tesla shield HP nerf (well I haven't done any research) but it could be either.

I'm going to go through patch notes to see if I find anything.

17. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

The rare tesla is very under powerd, unless it's epic mk3+ it's basically just a one shot block. Or a morta block if you're in the right position. I think a buff Is definitely in order.

18. Joey who

Check out edit. Found that a max rare Tesla Shield HP x 1.09 (or increased 9%) fixes this error. There was an update where thet nerfed Tesla Shield by 9%.

Results: Legendary Tesla Shield did not recieve the May update nerf

Last edited: 3 Dec 2017
    Shadow Moon! and Mr. Aussie like this.
  19. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

The 9% should definitely be given back then.

FirnenAhead and Joey who like this.
  20. Joey who

Ah-choo

Shadow Moon! likes this.