1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Leagues bug

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by FirnenAhead, 26 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

I managed to hit 4022 Infamy last friday, got 5th on my season with 4022, got my rewards as they were supposed to be. But then...
    28458585_10214836010870119_1143415665_n.png
    I don't get it. That's really disappointing.
    I didn't take a screenshot of the end of the season where it showed that I did hit 4022, but I have the achievement. I'm sure i'm not the only one, There's a plenty of players in my new league that are over 3.9k, some of them must have reached over 4k last season as well.
    28554526_10214836111472634_2089829948_o.jpg
    Here's an screenshot where you can see I hitted 4022 infamy. It was last Friday, I even posted it on forum: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/battle-bay-trolled-me.17039/#post-104445

In "my" season I'm place 52 right now with 3986 infamy, it will be really difficult to be in the first 10 places to get another leg piece in this season. If I were in NM, as it should be, I wouldn't have to struggle for my leg piece. I really hope you can fix this because i'm pretty sure it has to do with the server problems we had between friday and saturday. @Miika @The Grim Repair

PS: Screenshots are in English and Spanish because I use 2 different phones. The "You are in AceI league" was taken in my 2nd phone as soon as I realised this mess.

Cunning Stunt and Crashedup like this.
  2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    You have to stay above 4,000 to mix in with the league reset and join nightmare league. I know, it's stupid.

Cunning Stunt likes this.
  3. Cunning Stunt

Cunning Stunt New Member

Seriously, what’s up with this? I time my climb with my guild questing I woulda stayed in nightmare if I’d known this was gonna happen. Hope this gets fixed, it’s another month before nightmare rewards otherwise.
    Disappointed,
    “Cunning”

4. Cunning Stunt

Cunning Stunt New Member

We should have at the very least been informed!
    Frustrated,
    Cunning

5. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

I experienced the exact situation as I was the top of the league and had received my rewards but just wasn’t promoted to nightmare :/

6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Nope. Was under the 4K line myself at the end of season (well under) and I'm still in Nightmare after the reset.
    still here.jpg

Stelmo and FirnenAhead like this.
  7. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

If that’s the case this would mean that it was a bug and we ought to be in nightmare as well yes? I was in ace previously and got to 4113-ish, then I dropped to 3.5 just before the season league ended. Could we get some clarification or adjustment from the developers/moderators? :)

Cunning Stunt likes this.
  8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

According to the way league promotion is intended to work, yes; if you broke 4000 at any point last season you should be moved to Nightmare and reset to 4000 if above it.

I can't speak to the bug/developer side of things but I'm trying to get a hold of someone there; bearing in mind that it's just about 7am there, I expect they'll be looking at this as soon as they hit the offices.

Cunning Stunt and Mervin like this.
  9. HÜLK

HÜLK Member

PHP/NGiNX Programmer
  10. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Thanks guys for the aid and response. Now I’ll just grab some popcorn and wait for an appropriate response ^^V

HÜLK likes this.
  11. Saurav Mondal

Saurav Mondal New Member

Before the start of previous season, i made it to nightmare and hence last season i was in nightmare league, though i had infamy less than 4000 at the start of new season. Last season i again crossed the 4k mark to 4055 and was expecting nightmare again this season. Today morning i found that i was demoted to ace I. My game alias is "Ninja In Boxer!!" and code is "KCSXXLMT". Is there any specific reason or it is a bug?

12. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Why did you not stay above 4000 at infamy reset? You get demoted in any league if your infamy at that time is not at the minimum for the league. Common sense.

13. Stig

Stig Member

Maybe you misunderstood. He reached 4055 last season which means he should be in nightmare.... But he's not. This happened to everyone in that situation. It's not common sense because it's not correct at all. He should be in nightmare. The devs set it up that way to prevent infamy camping. We're all assuming they'll fix it.

14. yellow flash

yellow flash Member

No the rules state that if u are above 4k at the end of a season than only u can be a nightmare the next season it dosnt matter if ur highest is >4k and ur below 4k t the start ok the new season

15. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Were you in nightmare last season? If yes then that's the reason. If you were in nightmare for last season and drop below 4k with ur highest infamy being above 4k, you will remain in nightmare but then you'll won't get 4k reset.

16. Pa4eJIJIo

Pa4eJIJIo Member

Hello

I've made 4300 last week but in the new season I have gone to Ace1 Leage
    Is it a bug?
    Or new rule witch you didn't notice in news ?

17. Miku Da Yo 39

You can't make nightmare unless you are above 4k infamy. If you made over 4k then dropped again you failed and all you get is the achievement. If I want to drop out of nightmare I can hit 5 k this season and just before season ends drop below 4k and boom next season I'm ace 1. But devs in the recent update changed rewards for Nightmare so it's always better than ace 1. So really no point in dropping below 4k

18. Stig

Stig Member

You are completely wrong. This is not how it's been for a very long time. From the devs:
    The last update on this issue was on 6/1/2017:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/server-update-01-06-17-changes-to-draws-and-leagues.1646/
    League changes
    • Nightmare league will now start at 4000 infamy, effective for the season starting june 19th and onwards.
    • Your final league placement will now use your highest infamy of the season instead of infamy at the time of season end when determining your final position and rewards. This means you do not have to "camp" your infamy anymore but you are free to try to push as high as you can without fear of losing infamy for the end of season rewards. Effective next season

Crashedup likes this.
  19. Saurav Mondal

Saurav Mondal New Member

well, since the time i have been playing this game, i have never encountered this system. to get into a league, you have to just pass a certain infamy range once and bang!! you are promoted. if you are not able to hold on to the new league after promotion, you are demoted (and logically valid as well). which recently has not been the case..and its certainly not the way you are saying.
    FYI, there is another thread in the general discussion group regarding the same and many players have faced the same issue. So, i am not the only one cribbing or being stupid. And it has nothing to do with common sense for that matter.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2018
  20. Miku Da Yo 39

If this was how it was then why did they change the nightmare rewards to always be better than ace1?
    EDIT: Hold off on any further speculations for now until statement from the devs. Surely the matter will be acknowledged regardless of people's opinions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.