1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got MK-3 Speeder. HELP!

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Inferno Lizard, 22 May 2017.

Tags:
  1. Inferno Lizard

Inferno Lizard New Member

Just got MK-3 for the speeder, anyone that can help me with a set up? I was playing with cannon, nitro, overboost and turbo as a MK-2 but heard that the game changes when I get to MK-3. If someone has a playtype that is completely the opposite of what I did play I don't mind, (Cannon, nitro, overboost, turbo) I just need something that works well as a Speeder MK-3, thanks! :)

Attached Files:

2. Robert Sundwick

Robert Sundwick New Member

You have almost the exact set up I do. The only difference is that I use a sniper cannon instead of a flare gun. This stops me from getting too close too early, I can take some nice shots and watch the battle get going and pick out where I'm needed then use the speed to get in there fast. Also getting used to switching weapons will take some time. I lost a good chunk of Infamy right after I got the MK3 because I was used to just spamming the fire button and didn't have to think about which weapon was charged.

Inferno Lizard likes this.
  3. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I did the same setup except with frost blaster. So i can't really help you here.

4. Inferno Lizard

I heard Flare Gun was OP due to cannons have an increase chance of doing more damage when on fire, and since I am suppose to be 'up close and personal' then the cannon and flare gun was my decision. (I also have a perk on my cannon for the +4.5% damage to enemies on fire) plus I always stay with my team at the start and then speed to where I am needed like you stated above. Thanks for the response, I'll try it out!

kaseybsells likes this.
  5. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

While this may be true, you need to get that captain level in order for cannons to do increased damage to targets on fire. As an mk3, I doubt you've gotten that perk yet. So for the time being, i would suggest using something different until you do. I have found the most success with either sniper/blast cannon. I have a slight preference towards blast cannon because as you will increase in infamy, you will need a weapon that can hit for larger damage to finish off damaged fixers. Of course, if you have a much stronger sniper cannon, then that can fulfill the same role. Other things you can also consider are torpedoes and carronades (depending on if you got lucky enough to find an epic or rare one).

6. zippleback111

zippleback111 Member

I would use a Tesla bolt or maybe a double overboost or maybe even a Nitro

7. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Tesla shield and Overboost are my poison. Mk4 - Masters 2

8. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

remember overboost doesn't stack, so the only benefit you get here is back to back cooldown. The same can be achieved with a high level epic or rare and duration perks.

9. Inferno Lizard

I was planning on using a blast cannon once I got a rare or epic one... but I do have the added damage while enemy is on fire perk on my cannon right now (the perk with a fire symbol on my cannon in the screenshot above) and it does +4.5% damage... idk if it is worth using with that low of a damage boost?

10. Inferno Lizard

Also, due to me now being Mk-3 my speed has slowed quite a bit. And I have a level 10 turbo, but an uncommon level 20 would do the same amount of boost/a little better. Should I wait to get another rare turbo to evolve it so I can go faster or just start leveling up an uncommon one?

11. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

For long term benefits, I would suggest rares. In fact later on, the rare one will be much more useful than the uncommon one at the end of the day. ;)

12. kaseybsells

kaseybsells New Member

double overboost does nothing since they will recharge the same time

13. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Oh in case you didn't know, double over boost now don't stack (the speed increase effect).

14. Robert Sundwick

When you get to MK4 do double turbos stack?

15. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

I believe your base speed will be improved twice by turbos, but it doesnt compound,
    I think there are better options tho
    Turbo and rudder
    Turob and shield
    Etc

16. Robert Sundwick

I see what you're saying if your base speed was 100 and you had two turbos doing +20% you'd end up at 140, not 144. Yeah, I have a rare rudder, three uncommon rudders, two uncommon band aids, but I also have an Uncommon Level 20 Turbo with 2 more spares. Just sitting around, that I am saving for my MK4.

Last edited: 25 May 2017
  17. HeWhoHasCake

HeWhoHasCake New Member

Interesting idea, but... I've had a lot of success using an Overboost, a Nitro, a Turbo, and two Mines

18. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

Yes Turbo does stack, remember though that your ship has a maximum speed. When it is reached, you see the speed stat on your ship becomes a green number and it won't go higher than that number.