1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Items/Weapon balance

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 20 Nov 2017.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Like in other threads, since this is a post criticizing an aspect of battle bay, I’ll start saying I love battle bay as a game, it’s creative, has a great gameplay and there’s nothing similar. In my opinion it’s a great game, congrats. However, there’s a lot to improve.

This said, next, I’ll make a list of all the in-game items and add a critic/commentary to all them critizising the balance:

PASSIVE ITEMS

- Standard Shield: Great in very low tiers, a bit useless in high tiers.

- Big Shield: Balanced.

- Gear: Not very useful but Balanced.

- Rudder: Balanced.

ACTIVE ITEMS

- Frost Blaster: The fact that the shot has no curvature makes it very difficult to use, and in comparison with the tesla bolt and frost launcher, unbalanced. You can hardly use it properly. Also, it’s not useful till it reaches a very high level.

- Frost Launcher: A little bit too effective, but quite balanced.

- Tesla bolt: Balanced. Unbalanced in very high tiers.

Tesla Shield: Balanced.

SPEED ITEMS

- Turbo: Balanced.

- Nitro: Balanced.

- Overboost: Balanced.

REPAIR ITEMS

- Duck tape: Balanced. Useless.

- Repair box: Balanced.

- Repair pulse: Balanced.

- Repair bolt: Balanced.

- Bandage: Balanced.

WEAPONS

- Cannon: Balanced.

- Blast cannon: Balanced.

- Sniper cannon: Completely unbalanced. It has a huge range, a low reload time, it deals too much damage and it has a high projectile speed. The critic percentage you can get with this weapon is not well balanced at all, as well as the projectile speed. Prove of that is the amount of players that choose to have more than one snipper cannon in their slots.

- Explosive cannon: Balanced.

- Carronade: Not balanced. The fact that you can miss so many shots in such a short distance makes it not the best choice.

- Grenade launcher: Not balanced. The fact that the projectile is so slow makes it not the best choice.

- Standard mortar: Balanced.

- Ballpark mortar: Balanced.

- Long Range mortar: Balanced.

- Big Bertha: Balanced.

- Big Torpedo: Balanced.

- Swift Torpedo: Balanced.

- Triple Torpedo: Balanced.

- Railgun: Balanced.

- Missile launcher: Too imprecise but balanced.

- Mine: Balanced.

- Flare gun: Unbalanced. Too little damage taking in the fact that it has retarded damage.

- Fire bomb: Unbalanced. Too high range, and too big splash area in comparison with the other mortars. High damage due to retarded damage.

- Napalm launcher: Unbalanced. Quite useless. Bigger splash area+less damage could be a way to solve it.

What do you guys think, accurate? How would you balance the unbalanced weapons?
    I’ll take advantage of the post to say that more contact and feedback from the developers would be apreciated. Every time a post which goal is to criticise battle bay for it to improve is made, we hear little or no response, and so we do know if we are being heard or the post was useless.

Salu2 ;)

Last edited: 20 Nov 2017
    ViscountSniffit likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I agree about the sniper. Sniper would be awesome even if didn’t crit at all, as you can just sit back and ping people from a safe distance. Definitely broken, being able to do 1000+ damage at short range.

3. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

This is a joke, right?

4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Std shield is good, every high level defender uses at least 2 of them and many have 3. And some of shooters and speeders use it and ofc fixer who can’t equip big shield:p

Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    XD
    XD XD XD
    I've hit a speeder going +2 with the projectile. I love grenade.
    What lvl are you at?

6. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer

*WEAPONS

*Sniper cannon

*shots

Sorry...

But in all seriousness we needed a post like this for all the core members to share their opinion on each item and how to balance them. Thanks :)

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

There is already one thread about buffs and nerfs needed in game

@Torpp created one

No more NERFS please(I hate torps,But nerfing would bring negativity.Game needs a lot of improvement in many aspects,So nerfs can be given a break in coming update)

BUFFS IN ADDITION TO WHAT YOU STATED

1)Triple torpedo --REDUCE THE SPREAD

2)Carronade----Make it usable at start of game(Increase base damage of low level carro,Not affecting endgame.Also 5th projectile should be included early in SWIFT PERKS)

3)Std mortar----(10% increase in radius,which may around +0.3 Since projectile is slower than LRM,It may increase the chance of landing projectile on SHIP)

4)Railgun---Gonna compare this to sniper.Sniper being 1 slot has badass crit hit chance,almost as big crit hit as railgun damage,Much more accuracy and faster projectile,and half the reload time.So for railgun 10% increase in projectile speed to improve accuracy.Am not asking for sniper nerf,But i dont see a point of using rail if sniper is much more comfortable and can be used effectively in every arena

8. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Oh, I missed that one. Well then

9. nosesabe

Ops haha, thx for telling me xD

10. Babablacksheep

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. nosesabe

I think certain items such as sniper cannon should be nerfed... Is just too much. Also, you have to think that improving other weapons to not nerf others would result in a huge change to the game. This is not about making other weapons easy to use, is about making them equally difficult, if not it wouldn’t be fun.

Spinners71 likes this.
  12. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Aye, return Tri-torps to their former Opness. ;)

13. Babablacksheep

Lawl nerf i agree.But you are definately on #makesniperuselesscampaign..

Do you know sniper has less base damage than standard canon when you activate bhurt +15% std canon damage.Who would use sniper if it didnt have crit chance.

For me restoring base 7.5% with crit chance cap at 23% is the best deal (NO CHANGE IN BASE CRIT CHANCE)

OP because minimum hit distance and spread both had Roles.
    So by altering one of them slightly(In my case spread) not squeezed together like old or Overtly wide spread like current would make it usable atleast

The Otherguy and ViscountSniffit like this.
  14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Totally agree, buff the devil into those poor underpowered grenades!
    Tritorps for real though.

The Otherguy and Babablacksheep like this.
  15. Babablacksheep

Grenade need fast projectile like carronade,the moment you fire it should land on enemy:cool:
    Then stelmo would break the Top 50s and will rule the bay Alongside BDZ!

16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

I don’t think sniping should dominate the meta as much as it does. It’s not a fun game mechanic. Ideally it should be relegated to ‘hardly ever seen’ like carronade. ;)

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  17. Babablacksheep

I dont mind such harsh nerf at all,if you play clash royale you might realize they nerf the most OP combo to ground and make it useless.They change metas very frequently.Hoever for this game RNG is unforgiving,one of your combos get nerfed it would take almost a month to develop another barely usable combo.I learned my lesson from tesla shield,so i keep all alternatives prepared
    (I already have T4 blast rare,T2 Epic as a sniper user).But it is not the scenario for 90% of players who use sniper and would probably leave a negative impact on entire game if sniper is made into a scrap..

18. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Exactly good point. Once I was CR player too RNG there is so forgiving and clan donations too. You can build a competitive deck in a month. But if here anything gets nerfed to the ground hell it will take another 6 months to be back to 3k+ infamy.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  19. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

lol clash royale went out of fashion a long time ago, the gap between the best got too high. A game i spent money in and regretted it , made me realise no game needs money spent into it

The Otherguy likes this.
  20. nosesabe

Nah it’s not... in my opinion the sniper cannon is the most overpowered weapon in the game. I’m not saying it should be nerfed in a way that it would be better to scrap it than to play with it... I’m talking about balance.
    I think the main problem of this weapon are the criticals. Turn those down a little at list among other things...

It’s shit to play speeder and get killed in two critical sniper shots...