1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Item descriptions (lacking certain details)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Heroic Mattias, 25 Jul 2018.

?

Do you agree that these changes should happen?

1. yes

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. undecided :(

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Heroic Mattias

Heroic Mattias New Member

I have often noticed that some items lack certain details in their descriptions that I believe many players would appreciate knowing. Also, it would be nice if you could see the range of the repair pulse as its current range is 5, but how far is a range of 5? (maybe this would be an annoying battle feature, but having the range visible would be helpful.

1. Repair pulse (Has: hitpoints healed, cooldown, and radius // Should have: Duration)
    2. Repair box launcher (Has: hitpoints healed, cooldown, range, crit chance, radius // Should have: crit damage and total healing of a crit)

If you have any other Items that you believe are missing details comment below

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Flight time on mortars/fire bomb/napalm/frost launcher .. and the flight time should increase if distance perks are added.

Duration timer on mines.

Spinners71 and Heroic Mattias like this.
  3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

that could be only for maximal range because the flight time is logically diferent for diferent distances

4. xArrogance

You think the laws of physics apply to a mobile game where boats can drive through each other?

But, maybe "projectile speed" would be a better name for the stat - assuming they all reach the same height.

5. ShipCrusherCz

• cannons: have-damage, range, projectile speed, crit chance, ex cannon has radius, cooldown, dps missing-damage against burning targets, crit damage
    • grenade: has-cooldown, damage, dps, range, crit chance (chance for setting target on fire), projectile speed, radius missing-crit damage, crit duration
    • carronade: has-damage, cooldown, range, projectile speed, projectiles, spread, dps missing-effects (ship agility and turret agility debuffs)
    • mortars: have-damage, cooldown, range, radius, dps missing-projectile speed
    • healing items: have-hp restored, cooldown, range (box), radius (box, pulse, bolt), projectile speed (bolt), duration (tape) missing-duration (pulse), heal per second (hps, all items)

6. ShipCrusherCz

the flight time is different, at minimal ranges, LRM has almost instant damage (really low fly time) but at max range, the flight time is longer, same is for all other mortars

edit:
    I forgot to write one important thing
    these were only my observations and feelings and I have not used mortars for at least 2 months (grenade even longer), I am only human and humans make mistakes;)

Last edited: 25 Jul 2018
  7. Heroic Mattias

Heroic Mattias New Member

Well maybe if you did the minimum and maximum time needed for it to land

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  8. ShipCrusherCz

or maybe one stat with possible range for flight time, that would be better (less space used for it in stats tab)

Heroic Mattias likes this.
  9. xArrogance

So, for one, that's the opposite of how physics work.

Let's say you can fire a mortar shell at a launch angle of anywhere between 45° and 85° .. the shortest flight time would occur at maximum horizontal distance (or 45°), whereas the longest flight time would occur at the shortest horizontal distance (85°) ..

Secondly, I tried this out in a custom battle. If there is any difference in flight time at all, it's in the tenths or hundredths of a second. And, if I had to choose which shot seemed to be ever so slightly quicker, it would be the maximum range shot.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to test what I already knew .. but regardless, if there is a difference, the flight time stat could be based off the middle of the range since it's merely for comparison's sake.

10. ShipCrusherCz

I forgot to write one important thing
    these were only my observations and feelings and I used mortars two months ago (grenade maybe 3 months, not sure), so it's possible that I made a mistake (and I did);)

Last edited: 25 Jul 2018
  11. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

@ShipCrusherCz This is false. Flight time is the exact same for each weapon regardless of launch angle or distance perks. So a Grenade flies the same amount of time no matter if it is fired directly up or at the minimum angle. The only thing that changes flight time is projectile speed training.

12. ShipCrusherCz

if you read my next (right above your) comment, you would know that I forgot to write, that these were my observations and feelings and that I haven't used mortars like 2 months (grenade even longer)
    sorry for any caused "problems", will edit the original post, ok?:)

13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

It's no problem, just wanted to provide clarification.

Heroic Mattias and ShipCrusherCz like this.