1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Napalm Launcher worth the 2 Red Slots on my Shooter?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Sachin Shekhar, 13 Jun 2018.

1. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

I just got my first Legendary item and it's Napalm Launcher. I am fuming over my bad luck already.

My concern here is this: It is a fire weapon, meaning it can damage only little when it hits an enemy. But, unlike other fire weapons, it doesn't continue to damage the enemy for long duration. If enemy gets out of the fire circle, it is safe. Also, the weapon takes two red slots on the ship. I have lots of other badass choices for two slots. e.g. Big Torpedo, Fire Bomb etc.

But, I still see lots of players using it. Am I missing the good parts? Is Napalm Launcher really a good weapon to take inside a battle? If yes, what are the strategies? How to use it?

2. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Its a crowd control wep...just think unfriend has a fixer or two and ur team none...u can use napalm to separate them...
    U can block path...hide mine in the fire..or use torp from other side of the fire...opponent wont be able to see...
    Anyway opponet could hide mines,and use torp too tho..it depends where u used it...
    I dont like it much...but its good if u can use...:p

3. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

I agree with PallabKumarS, you can not use napalm the same way you use a firebomb, but it is one of the few weapon that allow shooter to have a form of "map-control".
    The first time i reached nightmare league, i had a napalm launcher equipped.
    Give it a try, you'll be surprised how good it can be - and remember: everyone is afraid of fire and will try to stay away from it.

4. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

Naplam just need more range.Its too short

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Bring back the napalm flare BC/EC combo back.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  6. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Just use triple napalm, you'll be very popular because of the barbecues you hold.

7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Napalm is great for crowd control (& damage in some games).

You got a playable legendary, be happy! Else I can trade you my legendary Gear Lube for it? ;)

8. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

It's a great weapon. It is chaotic to be surrounded by napalm :confused:

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  9. Sachin Shekhar

Devs should really consider adding trading option. But yes, it'd mean they would make less money. Some creativity is required here.

10. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Whatever u do, don't (censored) ur team with it

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Maybe fetch an enforcer and use frost+napalm.

Probably an insane combo, just don't use it on speeders ( nitro)

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  12. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

all these words for a simple answer...

"No"

13. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    U think its no...but that doesnt change the fact its good..all these talk is to show sachin about napalm...sachin will decide its worth or not

Sidd gamer and Sachin Shekhar like this.
  14. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

I'm a Napalm User and for me it lit's may i don't take any oother weapon on any ship but Napalm uhhh!! I use it even on Speeder sometimes! It's my favourite Weapon afterall! I have t4 rare Napalm which does 145 dmg with 250+dps! I just love! I have one legendary fire perk but i'm not using it anyway! Cause i need long range! So i have 3 rare long range Perk! I still need 7M dmg to get my legendary Napalm from Achievement!!
    Oh i wish if you can exchange your Napalm with me!:p

15. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

It was said earlier, but I can't emphasize it enough : try it, seriously. I used to despise the Napalm Launcher for exactly the same reasons you gave (low dmg, unfriends just have to get around it, etc). But then, there were those pesky Napalm damage guild quests, so I got one, leveled it up and gave it a try. And man, once you learn how to use it properly, it becomes one heck of a weap !

The thing is : don't aim for a ship in particular, instead use the napalm to break the enemy's formation, to flush them out of their hiding or to prevent them from going somewhere. For example, if someone peeks out from behind a wall to fire at you, aim your napalm at the space right behind him, so as to cut off his retreat. On certain maps where battles often turn into mortar contests, that thing can create A LOT of confusion when used strategically.

Also : perk it up for duration and range, and select Burnice's talents for dmg and cooldown. My napalm is R40 (two epic duration perks + one epic range), it does around 140 dmg/sec, lasts for 23 sec and has a cooldown of about 10-12 sec, if my memory is correct (not entirely sure about that, though). I like it so much it has replaced the missile launcher I used on my fixer and one of the two rifles I used on my shooter. VERY good weapon.

16. Sachin Shekhar

Thanks for all of the responses guys!

I just tried Napalm Launcher. After using techniques suggested by you (like disrupting a group of enemies) for few hours, here's my take on it: This is an awesome weapon. It not just helped me control the map, but I also hit 10000 points damage using it in no time. Also, for the first time, I am getting 10 coins in Deathmatch: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/my-first-three-10-coins-in-deathmatch.20395/

17. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Napalm is the only weapon I'd switch for my current ones

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  18. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Screenshot_٢٠١٨-٠٦-١٨-٠٣-٣٢-٢٨.png i would love a napalm instead of this ---- , wanna change !:D i have already made it level 10 and equipped an epic event perk for you , cmon only i have done something like that for you ,
    and don't listen to them napalm sucks it is the worst item , change it with my OP standard mortar:p