1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is mine a new meta?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Spongeboat, 26 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Seriously, mines are getting out of hand. Lately I noticed there's a significant increase of mine usage around the bay. I've been playing around 3000 infamy for a while now, but this trend started only recently. Can't go a battle without seeing some ships littering the whole map with it or block some passages and make it literally un-pass-able.

This kind of situation really disadvantageous for slow ships. Ships with over boost can just nitro away and go around the other way. Meanwhile, while it's possible to do that with slow ships, it's really time consuming. Each time wasted navigating the map put the the party at a disadvantage.
    Just my .02$.
    What's your thoughts on this?
    I'll include some screenshots below for references. Screenshot_20180226-164621.png Screenshot_20180226-165250.png

Marquesolution, Rated R, Neu and 4 others like this.
  2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Area control is the point of them, they aren't there to make your life easier:)
    Ships using mines have that much less direct firepower, and you should (carefully) take them out as quickly as possible.
    Ignored for too long they can really inhibit your movements, making you an easy target, not to mention the beautiful hazard to your speeder teammates.

3. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly asking to make my life easier, but in a lot of situation whenever I face a team with 2 mines or more, it's just a dead end to me. I play brawler type of shooter with short to medium range weapons and I need to get close to deal damage.
    So whenever my path is blocked, there's not much I can do. Just stay back, fire once in a while and hope I hit something. Going around the other way is out of question. It takes too much time, by the time I arrived there some of my teammates might be already dead.
    But I guess you're right, that's the point of the mine. Though it gets pretty ridiculous when multiple ships use them at the same time. For now I'll just accept it as a natural counter to my type of build.
    It might be less destructive to other type of players. Mortar users might don't give a crap at all, they can still lob their mortar across the walls, rendering the unfriend's mine useless.

4. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Gotta do those guild quest
    Ive seen shooters with just all mines

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

This is a situation where selfish fixer comes in handy.
    I can sweep mines at a rate of 15 seconds per epic t5 mine or 10 seconds for rare t5 mines.

6. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Mine has always in meta but since the speeder shifted to enforcer after the nerf literally everyone has used his/her third slot for mines you can't go in a match that doesn't have a 3-4 mine users.
    It's makes wayward pains map unplayable (after new changes done this update )as both team just litter mine and torp and mortar enemy it leads to annoying and boring matches

Marquesolution, Fin- and Neu like this.
  7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

8. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

My friends cant believe that I go straight into a mine and appear 10 seconds later with three quarters of my life back.

9. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

That´s a beautiful pic :p

10. Trium

Trium Active Member

Have you ever tried to think about the strategy in the battlebay?

How your team made it possible to spam that much mines, without destroying the ship?
    Why your team just didn't take the capture place and didn't shot from there? You would be 5 vs 4.

Btw, I will give you a hint - most of those mines are lvl 1-10 :)

11. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Level 42? Probably above 3k infamy points? I doubt there's a single mine at there that does less than 1,5k damage

Ian likes this.
  12. vis1234567899

Tier one mines at level 10 are at like 1500 damage

13. Rainbow Warrior

Screenshot_20180226-170927.png waiting for a duplicate :D

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Shadow Moon!

I just died to an epic T4 mine 3220 hp 1 shot because a defender denonsted it and I took splash.

15. Shadow Moon!

Idk why people are okay with mine spams mortar spams torpedoes spam and complained about stun spams and frost spams. All are equally bad and considered as toxic gameplay.

Neu and PallabKumarS like this.
  16. vis1234567899

Well if what Shadow moon says is right about a 3.3k mine, I guess tier1s should be around 1-1.5k, it probably differs on training as mine was 1.1k even when I was captain lvel 20.Now it should be higher but I have log since scrapped it.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  17. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Don't forget that spamming cannon and especially flares are toxic to gameplay!

Maybe we should unarm all the ships and call this game friendship bay! We'll do a jungle-river sightseeing cruise ;)

18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Mines are now meta

Simplest solution to any issue is to dissalow more than 3 of any weapon on a boat.

So wouldnt be able to do past 3 mortars. Or 3 torps. Or 3 mines. Or 3 grenades.

This will improve the bay since any shooter with more than 3 of these items is a team liability.

Devs could easily fix this.

As for mines in general...
    they could have the mines detonate at 45 seconds. And the tactical level while still acheived would lessen the spam.

19. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    The thing about mines is that they are generally used as a blockade, because most are avoided. That means you can have extremely low level mines, and the enemy will still avoid them!

20. Rainbow Warrior