1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Iphone x display size

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Elson, 19 Dec 2017.

1. Elson

Elson New Member

Hi developer , just got my new iphone x but having some issues in the screen display. Unable to enjoy full screen on phone and hope this can be solved. Had tried another game and no problems in full screen.
    Thank you and this game rocks

Attached Files:

macintouch_ and Ash KOT like this.
  2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Welcome to the bay, glad you are enjoying it!
    I have forwarded your messages on to the developers as I have seen a few requests for this recently.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. KSA

KSA Member

Hello guys i have problem with the new update on iPhone x for the screen phone

Anyone have?

Of is there option i can set to do?

The game is 100% size of the screen

So the I cannot see the friend list 100% maybe 20% of ot

FAILEDKNIGHT likes this.
  4. Taiwan-KT

Taiwan-KT New Member

My I phone x interface has become larger, but the operation appears serious can not aim!

macintouch_ likes this.
  5. gtxgensport

gtxgensport New Member

Yes, something wrong with the screen. It’s bigger and looks better now but the camera is blocking some buttons

6. kking

kking New Member

Rovio, iPhone X users complained and asked for a version that’d suit the aspect ratio of the phone to its best and you gave a screen cut= smaller screen. Now with update released on 19th Dec, you just throw whatever you wanna throw at us. Full screen with all the icons on the left being swallowed by the notch. Fix this thing.

macintouch_ likes this.
  7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Guys I have just been talking about this with the devs at Rovio and they are fully aware of the situation and looking into a fix. As it is not a straight forward fix, I cannot give any timescales right now, but rest assured it is on the radar and being looked into.

macintouch_ likes this.
  8. Kylerity

Kylerity New Member

Side buttons blocked by the notch. Pls fix it.
    Swipe up home function keeps getting in the way of the game as well. The previous version was much better even though the screen was smaller.

macintouch_ likes this.
  9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

As mentioned short term you can rotate the phone between battle mode and game mode but appreciate this is not ideal.
    Devs are looking into a better solution for the iPhone X community ;)

macintouch_ and Kylerity like this.
  10. James Yu

James Yu New Member

The new update that I just got today makes the game not playable on IPhone X. Steering the ship, aiming, and firing all were degraded to the point that I cannot play anymore. Understand the notch issue, but the controls are horrible now!

GodMelo likes this.
  11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

First I have heard of this, can you elaborate on your message?
    What has deteriorated / made it more difficult to control?

12. James Yu

James Yu New Member

Controls for the ship are no longer responsive. Controlling the aim is way off. Pressing fire sometimes does nothing. Play it on an iPhone X and you will see. I have been playing on an IPhone X for weeks. After taking the update this morning, the controls are seriously degraded

FAILEDKNIGHT and Taiwan-KT like this.
  13. •PAX•

•PAX• New Member

James Yu is correct. I cannot play Battle Bay with today’s update on iPhone X. There are major issues, worse than the previous problems that only impacted display and menus. When moving I feel like I got hit by a freeze. This is even worse on defender! Shots don’t fire. Sticky aim doesn’t work at all. The game is unplayable until you run a fix.

FAILEDKNIGHT likes this.
  14. macintouch_

macintouch_ New Member

Maybe it is because you touch other parts of the screen. Try to not do that and then tell us if it is fixed or not :)

15. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

I just played a couple of games on the iPhone X and did not have any of the issues faced by James Yu and *PAX* – I did move the controls off their default positions slightly and changed the size, so that may have helped. The notch is a cosmetic niggle (which I am sure the Devs are looking into) which blocks the side buttons and also the ship icons when presenting the win-loss table results. For me, the bigger full-screen size is much better and playable compared to the letterboxed screen prior to the update.

Elson and The Otherguy like this.
  16. GodMelo

GodMelo New Member

I experienced the exact same issues with my iPhone X (auto aim etc.)

FAILEDKNIGHT likes this.
  17. Steeldriver

Steeldriver New Member

Same. iPhone X very difficult to play after latest update. Mostly because of the features/tabs and comments being cut off. As to steaming and aiming mentioned above, screen is larger so that’s a muscle memory problem, not technical. Also, I’m in the big slow ship, if you guys could even things out to where I can win everything, that’s be awesome.

18. A Wild Zee Man

A Wild Zee Man New Member

Mechanic
    You guys need to get a real phone, instead of buying a revamped iphone 8.

19. Elson

Elson New Member

Thx bro , glad that when i log in today it became full screen. Some fine tuning need to be done though, this game best played on iphone 8plus n 7 plus . For iphone x users , what i can recommend is flip our screen when in play . The weapons on the right and movement cursor on left , abit near to the top screen but temporary this helps. Enjoy the game guys, thx for the quick fix developer . Cheers all

20. Elson

Elson New Member

Ya bro, i guess this phone maybe meant for watching videos lolx . Big thumbs and fingers i have really get in the way, still using my ip7 + to do some serious games .