1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Inventory complaint

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HappyUnicorn456, 6 Apr 2018.

1. HappyUnicorn456

HappyUnicorn456 New Member

It makes no sense to me that you need inventory slots if you are collecting gold, sugar, and pearls.

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Inventory is a pain in the ass. I’ve now reached the stage, where I’m never going to buy any more inventory slots, because it’s getting into the same price range as an Epic Crate, and nowhere near as desirable. Not that I have enough inventory to buy an Epic Crate without having to scrap most of it. They need to make inventory less annoying, and add a scroll bar to it. The game is already frustrating enough without then trying to shaft you on inventory slots.

3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

The "Free resources" from the market is actually coded as a crate; if you "buy" it from the shop, but then get disconnected before you can tap to open it (or force-close Battle Bay), it will end up in your inventory as an item. As it's coded now, you need the space so that it can land there if needed.

4. Samwise

Samwise Active Member

But couldn't the game just allow it to overflow like items from an epic crate?

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Much like sugar or gold, items can only overflow if there's at least one empty space to put the initial one. If you have one space, you can open a crate that contains multiple items as it will overflow - but if you have no spaces, you can't fit the "crate item" in the first place.

It could possibly be changed to grant the resources immediately, but that would be a coding change and I imagine the slightly RNG'd nature of the free resources box means it's designed to use the same "random rewards" codepath as the other crates.

6. Samwise

Samwise Active Member

Good explanation, thanks!

Visout and The Otherguy like this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've opened threads with multiple detailed options on how to organize and scroll larger inventories, but the Devs have largely ignored the problems so far. It's disappointing how dysfunctional the inventory system is to use relative to the extreme pearl cost to expand it. Adding insult to injury, you don't even get free temporary space to handle epic container purchases.

8. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I just want my scrap all common items button, please for the love of baby Jesus :eek:

craz¥burd, Babablacksheep and Stelmo like this.
  9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Besides how crazy the price gets to expand the bugger, my biggest inventory complaint is the 12 unbuilt items that are always in it.
    They could be quite happily moved into the materials tab.

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

So much this. I’ve had stuff in my inventory, waiting to be built, since my first few weeks playing, and it’s still there.

In fact, some things have been waiting so long, they’ve already become obsolete — I thought it might be fun to try Tri-Torps one day. I’ve had all the bits for a t5 Rare for months, but am I really ever going to use it now? When all my opponents are rocking t4 Epics and Legendaries. I feel like maybe the window in which they might have been fun has passed.

It might be nice if there was a way to slowly upgrade stuff that sits in your inventory for a long time, without having to spend your precious sugar. Maybe have it tick up a level each week, so that you can evolve stuff and get it out of the way.

That would also solve some of the problem of players being locked into 1 ship and weapon set after they advance beyond a certain point.

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Actually I meant this stuff:)
    2018-04-06 23.13.56.png
    I do understand though.
    I have to use all of my ships as storage because my inventory is so full, which means a lot of quests for weapons and ships that I don't ever use.
    Trying to farm epic power cells by evolving rares takes up too much space that I don't have.. those 12 spots would come in very handy.

HeroicBubbles and Spinners71 like this.
  12. envylife

This is a really good point... should pieces cost us precious inventory slots? It's a persistent 12 slots of my inventory.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Inventory needs to be cheaper, and slots should be cheaper to the point that it will be viable fpr an F2P to have max inventory. The double scaling is waaay too high.

Plus, I agree with the pieces being stored somewhere else. That's a great idea.

14. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Wow you've reached 3900 for 5 slots? That's a lot, for both slots and pearls!

15. envylife

Ha! I think he's trying to see if anyone's paying attention considering there's no such thing as an Epic Crate (there is a Premium Chest and an Epic Container). Besides I'm not sure anyone has ever paid 3900 pearls for more inventory, even though it's probably possible. You do get a 50 pearl reward for getting to 100 inventory spots, but that last 5 spots probably cost 2000 pearls, so the reward is almost insulting.

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Ooh I want to try that

17. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
  18. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Hooray me, clean inventory.