1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Interceptor build??

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Wymtime, 22 Oct 2018.

1. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

so I have unlocked the interceptor and have it up to level 12. I looked and have not seen what people have been using it at but wanted to post what I have been using so far and had worked well for me.

Blue-big shield, small shield, turbo. No room for bandage with such little health.
    Yellow- nitro this has saved my bacon a lot in helping avoid taking a big hit. Stun could work but with the little health I have I prefer nitro for now.
    Red explosive cannon times 2, flare gun, blast cannon. With my explosive cannon I have been doing a ton of damage to burning ships and explosive cannon is way more accurate than a torpedo. The one wepon I have thought about switching out is blast cannon for a possible carronade or sniper. For regular matches sniper might be better to avoid big hits. In capture the flag or death match carronade might be better.

How are you running you interceptor?

vis1234567899 likes this.
  2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I'm running nearly the same thing as you, except carro instead of blast. The update buffed it greatly by getting rid of base defense points and removing training conflicts with speed, and it complements the ex cannons' long cooldown. It's also useful for slowing enemies down in ctf. Screenshot_20181022-150046.png

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I plan to run flare/triple blast, stun, turbo, big and standard shield... If I can ever unlock it LMAO.

4. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

i use standard cannon, swift torp, tri-torp and a napalm (don't have any cannons)

5. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Grinding for interceptor level ups is so boring. Im at level 16 and might just give up. On the other hand, Im gonna run dual blast, carro and a napalm cause I have no fire weapons. All legendary weapons, so Im gonna conquer Ace. But my blues are weak so Ill have even lower HP than normal interceptors.

And also why not use OB. Mines tier 4 epic and once I get obe more duplicate it would be tier 5 epic. It would more than double my base speed. :D:D:D

6. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

One thing I like about nitro over overboost is the cool down is shorter for nitro. When I get to low health I can fire/nitro/fire/ nitro. This has kept me alive compared to straight speed. If OB works for you awesome!!
    Your build also seems a little light on fire power with only 1 2 slot wepon. Do you have any other strong 2 slot weapons?

7. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

As an update I have tried caronade and sniper instead of blast cannon in my build and I think sniper works best for me. Right now my ship has less health than a speeder so hitting from far away is a big bonus. I think this will be especially useful when players are playing more cautious in regular 5 V 5 instead of death match or capture the flag.

JoshW likes this.
  8. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

lvl 13 interceptor. I'm running double blast cannons (lvl40 epic and lvl 10 legendary), double railguns (lvl50 rpic and lvl 10 legendary), a nitro (lvl 40 epic), bandaid (lvl 50 epic), big shield (lvl30 epic), and a lvl 40 epic turbo. I don't have a small shield so the bandaod is the best I can do. With a bit more health this thing will be out of control. I can basically wreck people from halfway across the map and fight up close. Plus it can run away from everything but a speeder and my nitro has enough cooldown perks it can fire close to back to back.

9. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately as I am a enfo-main I just relied on 1 slot weapons. I do have a tier 2 epic railgun that Im building. Once its tier 4 I would use it on my ship;).

10. Epicular

Epicular Well-Known Member

Creator of BayStats
    Currently, the most popular Interceptor loadout in Nightmare League is exactly what you're running:

• Double Explosive Cannon, a Blast Cannon, and a Flare Gun
    • Nitro
    • Big Shield, Small Shield, and Turbo
    (Source: I am developing a "Popular Loadouts" page for BayStats... the back end is functional but I haven't finished the front end yet!)