1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy tankers and match making

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 12 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    No, this definitely helps prove my point of how unbalanced match making is

What's Up Player likes this.
  2. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Glad to help, I had today tons of mathes like that (funny thing is, today i lost like 100 infamy because of this, and yesterday I gained like 200 infamy because this just wasn't happening).

HARPO! likes this.
  3. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Take heart. For whatever reasons, when you get up to a M4 with R35 type gear in it the matchmaking will be a lot more sane. Now that I'm in a M5 and R40 gear every match more or less makes sense and there are few tankers and floaters (infamy range 1900-2300). So mostly this awful matchmaking is a new player experience. What a great way to welcome people to the game (or returning players in your case).

I'm a new player but what I did is artificially hold my infamy low (around 800 or so) for quite some time. I only let it bubble up after I'd done significant upgrades and was confident I could handle another few hundred infamy. Every time I just "played as hard as I could" up till this last time it was a serious mistake. By keeping your infamy low you will be maximizing your rewards (assuming your willing to grind as I was). You'll be able to just grind through a zillion low-stress matches with an eye towards "Fast" more than "winning". Your gold and sugar coffers will always be full and you'll really only be waiting on the store for blue parts to buy. So you can close the gear gap reasonably quicklyu.

TheAntiSnipe and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  4. WickEdDuck

WickEdDuck New Member

Look at my post in the other thread: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/infamy-tankers-and-matchmaking.17586/

It is the post of WickEdDuck.

If some people say there is nothing wrong with the current matchmaking, then check out how the mk5 players under perform in my team. That is what you get if training and going up in levels is nothing more than a tap on a virtual button.

WickEdDuck, call me Ed

Last edited: 20 Mar 2018
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'm seriously considering skipping Ace 1 altogether(though I think it's impossible to do so) once I get a legendary. Though knowing the game, I'll be counting on something to come up and surprise me anyway lol.

6. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Just to contribute to this idea about the fact that we need to get rid of floaters...

Floaters are really annoying, as they pretty much waste your time, especially at low infamy. Back on my main account, when I was at 2978 infamy, I would face floaters once every 30 or 40 matches. The devs really need to fix this. Here is the reason I became triggered:

HARPO! likes this.
  7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Nice setup by the way buddy

8. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Thx a lot mate... my Blast Cannon does about 266 damage now, and my rare cannon does 149...

upload_2018-3-21_19-38-57.png

upload_2018-3-21_19-39-21.png

upload_2018-3-21_19-39-41.png

9. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

With my main account I have encoutered 30% floaters. Almost every first battle of the day has a floater in it. Just like clockwork.

And I don't get it when people say I keep my Infamy artificially at, lets say 800 or whatever number. This can only be done if you purposely play a bad game or float!

So, obviously this matchmaking and Infamy as keeping a score of your abilities is soooooo flawed, that people do this to keep at a level which they can handle. Now I get why I get such teams and I with my mk2 account do 4x the damage as a lot of mk5 players. My weapons do 210 and 250 damage, theirs 500-1200! Now please, tell me what is the fun in that. I want to do the best I can and play at half my skills.

But how many threads and how many complaints are there about the matchmaking? Family of mine has a mk1 and has 600 infamy and is placed between all mk5s and so am I with my mk2 account.

A child sees that this is nuts, but still I face more mk5s since the new update then ever before. I think it is wishful thinking the matchmaking will change and it gets fair. That is what you get with p2w, nothing fair about it. I don't mind spending money, I happily do to support the companies making great games and apps. But this model p2w is getting under my skin and I hate it.

The matchmaking, the floating, I wonder why I still bother and not just give up.

11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'm MK4, and my infamy is at 300-500 instead of 1000-1500. Straight up: THE MATCHMAKING SUCKS

12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

As more people opted it is better to have an infamy for every mk series. So, mk1 goes up to 400 and then you get a mk2 and so on.

13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Spinners71 likes this.
  14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I have played 10 battles in one day, 8 of them I was by far the best player and did the most damage, sometimes even more than the other 4 combined. Not that I am so good, but the other players were not able to hit anything. So, we lose. But I get punished for their faults. So, Infamy says nothing about our skills and I cannot win on my own, but with these teams I did my utmost best, was always the last one standing, but I cannot fight 3 or 5 ships on my own.

Why punish me for playing the best I can, I don't get that and it frustrates me.

opp likes this.
  15. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Same. When ur a fixer and the idiot you're healing goes into battle, leaving you behind, killing himself an leaving you open for shots

16. CoolDownHSNA

Student

Thanks @HARPO!

and I agree with u @Flint

HARPO! likes this.
  17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

There are so many so called 'suicide players', I really don't get that. Do they miss the insight how to play this game or are they trying to lower their Infamy. Because I hear lots of people say they keep their Infamy at an artificial (low or lower) level, so they don't face too strong opponents according to themselves.

18. WickEdDuck

WickEdDuck New Member

Has the thread about matchmaking complaints of AntiSnipe been deleted? Cannot find it anywhere anymore.

I have a mk1 and have played 60 or 70 battles. Now I am placed in teams of all mk4 and mk5 ships. I really don't see why this is complete and utter nonsense. And you think mk5 folk are way better, nope not at all. These were the 2 worst Friends teams I have come across.

Why am I placed in teams with weapons that blow me away in an instant? If this is the way forward, I am going to uninstall the game and do something else with my time.

WickEdDuck.jpg Wicked.jpg

19. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Take some solace in the fact that everything changes above 1500. When I got into a moderately well geared M4 and rose above 1500 infamy three things happened:
    • There were a lot less floaters and tankers.... A LOT less.
    • My team mates were all better. The things they were doing were mostly comprehensible and so coordinating with them was just a lot easier.
    • The overall gap between my boat and the toughest boats I was facing was vastly decreased. The high end didn't change much. It's still mostly a sea of M5's with a smattering of M6's. But I wasn't a M2 anymore. My guns were not laughable in comparison.
    So if you want to grind through it, you can. But you have to like the combat engine enough for that to be worthwhile.

Da Carronade King likes this.
  20. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Ohhh its a saviour lol.
    But on a more serious note- what id that player deserves to be at a lower infamy nayway, if u deny them moving back down a league it can hinder their progress.