1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy System (s....s)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Trium, 16 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Trium

Trium Active Member

Different ships must have separate infamy levels.
    I would even say, that it is worth participating in different leages by each of your ship (separate leagues among all types of ships).

In fact, it is not even idea or something new. I registered on forum, because so far there are a lot of things in the game, which are obviously false.

Why do we have the same infamy for all of our ships?

It absolutely decreases the variety of the available gameplay.
    As a free2play player, in most cases only one ship is available for you to play due to failed infamy system.

If I was playing my defender for half a year, gained 2000+ infamy, why when I want to play my Fixer (which can be MK1), I should play with the same opponents? My healing staff is maximum level 10, my ship is weak and I don't have appropriate skills learnt.

Some people may say, that "with separate infamy people will able to equip their high grade gear".
    But that is not a problem. In few hours they will jump higher, up to the level, where they will have about 50% win rate.

I know this, because quite often I have to use the boats which I don't play and use weapons which I don't use. (this is topic for another discussion)

But guild quests are guild quests, that is why sometimes you see MK3 ship on 2000+ with green and grey weapon level 10.
    During these hard times I can drop my infamy down to 600 (I try my best, but obviously it is not that easy).
    When I go back to my main ship, during the next few days my infamy is the same as it was before.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Many of us have suggested that infamy be adjusted by ship and items, and currently some adjustments are made for those. However the primary matchmaking tool is still infamy which itself is flawed, and matchmaking is your issue more so than infamy. In that my suggestion is here: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/infamy-stability-suggestion.16034/

Trium likes this.
  3. Trium

Trium Active Member

Personally I don't see a problem in wawing infamy level, it is like a common thing in every game, and the league reward is already taken by your maximum result.

But still I will see a problem (even with implementing your system), that after reaching certain infamy by my main ship, all my other ships will be absolutely unplayable on the same infamy.

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It might present some complications with leagues and rewards, but otherwise, I fully support this idea.

And with all the data Rovio has, I bet they could even have a pretty good stab at what your infamy ‘should’ be in each boat. They could probably drop you very close to where you ought to be, without you needing to find your level much.

5. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Envy has it right. The problem isn't the random number that appears next to infamy. The problem is what the matchmaking system and tanking protection system do with that number. In my opinion, the matchmaking system needs to value gear much more strongly than it does now... all your gear. The tanking protection system just needs to be scrubbed. It's the wrong answer to the wrong problem which is why it's making so many unintended spin-off problems. It's like going to the doctor and saying, "Doc! I have tuberculosis!" The Doc says, "Wow. That's awful. Here's a box of tissues." AT some point they'll need to address why it is that it's so much more productive to be at lower infamies.

For you late game players, let me exemplify the problem. My guild gets reliably 1st place every week on the guild rivalry. Up till the last week or so that's largely just been me powering through as many quests as I could. 10 on the easy board usually does the trick. This week it looks like just one quest might be enough. So all by myself I can score what... 60-70k of raffle tickets a week. So two things happen. The first is that I don't really want to advance to the place where that's no longer true for obvious reasons. The second is that I spend most of my week working with truly substandard ships and weapon racks. The effect on my team as well as my own skill is much worse than when I used to tank. I love the concept of the guild quests but I think they need some work to somehow encourage you to use the boat and weapons you have rather than load out random stuff. They also need to reward less at lower infamies or more at higher infamies because it's just too easy to win.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  6. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Would the gear equipped give us instant infamy? Because if we have different infamy for each boat, If we use only one boat (and keep leveling up items we could use on another boats, turbo, big shield, some weapons, overboost, teslas, etc) as soon as we started to play with our "weaker boats" we'd have a lot of advantage.
    Hundreds of players would do this to easily complete the guild quests against newer players with inferior gear (and skills, why do almost everyone who asks for the end of the infamy system forget about the skills?)

7. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Not to mention people to intentionally lose so that they stay at low infamy...

The Otherguy and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

It would need a lot of thought but in my mind no, it wouldn't give infamy. It would add up to another "gear score". That, combined with your infamy (skill) would go into the matchmaking. So if you took a high infamy player and he loaded out his m2 boat with Epic stuff he'd still end up facing stiff competition but not as stiff as he would in his M5 boat. Tanking wouldn't serve a purpose since the moment you put real weapons on to achieve whatever you tanked for you'd be right back where you started from a matchmaking standpoint. It would, however, allow you to play weaker boats and equip them with appropriate gear and fight down at that level. If I wanted to play with my son I could load out my M2 speeder with appropriate gear for that range and my higher infamy would drag us up somewhat in the matchmaking but not nearly as far as it does now. I'm not convinced they are looking at anything but boat mark now and that only captures a tiny part of "gear".

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

What would make things a lot simpler is that a boat upgrade implies ALL boats, at which point there doesn't have to be complex adjustments based on which boat you are using. It would also drastically reduce, or even eliminate the need to worry about what weapons are equipped.

Matchmaking then becomes as simple as MK level of boat + Captain Level + Infamy... Infamy being the rating adjuster within the prior two classes.

10. Trium

Trium Active Member

Up the thread.

I dreamed about playing Fixer on MK 6. I finally upgraded it.
    When I go into battle, I am simply useless piece of wrecks. Because my fixer items are level 10-20, I don't have trained skills for it.
    It will take about half a year before I able to upgrade my ship to the equipment which is used on 3000 infamy.

I have already lost 600 infamy trying to play this fixer. Soon I will just get a penalty and won't be able to progress at all (thank you to developers who didn't think about their infamy system much, and to those who ignore the problems described on forum).

Because I upgraded my ship, now I will constantly get fixer quests.

Developers, please make separate infamy for each ship. And remove meanwhile that stupid penalty while the system of infamy is like this :\

11. Xoxo2004

Xoxo2004 New Member

Higher lvl tier ships playing lower level tier ships is like men vs boys. Need change that system or get a better fair system.