1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy rework

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HazardousMoon, 19 Nov 2017.

?

Should infamy be reworked for matches?

Poll closed 26 Nov 2017.
  1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Doesn't bother me either way

12.5%
  1. HazardousMoon

HazardousMoon New Member

Firstly, call me salty I couldn't care less. But I'm getting sick of losing just as much infamy as someone who doesn't do anything or much less, when I do more damage than any player on even the winning team, and still manage to get 2 stars even with a loss. Now that doesn't sounds like I should lose 24 infamy just like someone who could be a floater and lose 24 as well. 2 star performance on a loss feels like I should be reprimanded less than a floater or minor contributor. I'm not asking for positive infamy gain with a loss (wouldn't complain though) but maybe scale the loss of infamy based on performance. Maybe 24 is Max, and scale it down to 6-12 or so as minimum loss with outstanding performance? (I may have the wrong words for worst and best but I hope you understand )

Attached Files:

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Nope. Youre forgetting that support/distraction roles are not counted in this case.

3. HazardousMoon

HazardousMoon New Member

Although I did specifically say myself "performance" because obviously a fixer can't out damage a shooter (usually), but their healing counts towards overall performance in battle, hence why fixers can still get 3 stars. So IDK if you're saying the game doesn't check for support or not, but I did account for it in my post.

4. TheAntiSnipe

Fixers are not the only support. Speeders playing distraction, enforcers dancing, defenders taking bullets for a fixer, this is also support. It also wins matches. And it cannot be counted.

Mr. Chompers and Tirth2_ like this.
  5. HazardousMoon

HazardousMoon New Member

Cannot be accounted for or isn't in this game? Cuz I've seen games that give points for dodging, assists, and overall support before.

6. TheAntiSnipe

Zeus once told me that misses are counted in the star formula. But still, this idea has been junked at least 7 times that I know of.

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s been suggested plenty of times before, but it doesn’t work because there is no 100% accurate way to measure ‘performance’, other than win/lose.

Damage is not a good indicator of ‘performance’. Often the highest damage will go to the person who is last to die, because it’s easier to do big damage when there are fewer ships. However the last person in the game, also tends to be the person who was least aggressive. Which is possibly what cost thier team the game.

I often seen shooters, hammering away at a Defender they’ve locked onto, completely oblivious to a low hp ship at 3 o’clock.

It’s infuriating, because another teammate probably gave thier life to get that ship’s health down. All you’ve got to do is finish it off and even the score. But instead they get tunnel vision, and let a damaged ship run around launching big torpedoes and getting healed up.

At the end of the game, of course, they get ‘top damage’ from nailing a defender all game, but that wasn’t where the team needed damage, and it really just allowed the unfriends to get a numerical advantage.

Elyport and Mr. Chompers like this.