1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

"Infamy Jail"

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by marc000, 13 Aug 2018.

1. marc000

marc000 New Member

I started playing battle bay a long time ago and reached 3400 infamy with a lvl5 enforcer. Then I quit playing last year. Recently I logged back on and found it's way to hard for me to play with my current setup (lvl5 boats with 3900ish gear score) at 3000+ infamy where I saw lvl7 ships everywhere. So I dropped to 1500+ (where most players at my level should be). However, I'm still matched up with 3000+ players and I'm not earning any stars and battle rewards. Today is the end of the season, but I'm still at the ace rank (where I used to be) and in the "infamy Jail". This game is literally unplayable for me, so could someone at Rovio please help me out? Thanks! My game tag is #PFDNCXPW

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Try to play during events. They are not infamy based. Buy only the piece boxes and build up on some epic and legendaries. As long as you are actively playing events you will get what you need in 3 or 4 events.

3. marc000

marc000 New Member

Yea I had some great fun in the recent events, but it's still a huge pain for me to get resources to train my crew or buy parts. I'm just wondering if the ban is permanent

4. Joey who

You were banned or you are under the infamy penalty for dropping too much?

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. marc000

marc000 New Member

Sorry I meant I'm under the infamy penalty.

6. Joey who

Yea. I feel you. 2 months ago I came back to the game but I had no items at all. Not even pieces. Luckily for you, the infamy penalty won't take rewards from you in events, so try to be patient. They are weekly

7. marc000

marc000 New Member

Dangg, that sucks man...Thanks for the suggestion

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

Out of curiosity, when did you stop playing? Because I also find that the strength of players at any certain infamy has gotten higher and higher and that its not as easy to climb with a certain gear score as it used to be.

I made it to nightmare in November 2017 as a level 35 with: t4 epic explosive cannon, t4 rare sniper, t4 rare fire bomb, tier 4 rare big shield, tier 3 rare standard shield, tier 3 rare bandage and tier 3 rare turbo.

9. marc000

marc000 New Member

I think it was March 2017.

10. Marcel Prime

Marcel Prime New Member

Shipwrecker
    IMG_0399.PNG Same problem for me: Don't wonder, rovio is far away from beeing a fair game. See the picture above. That happens all my last fights. I would like to have an explanation. All my teammates have bigger ships and weapons than me, i deal the most damage and get zero stars as reward...that happened repeatedly.
    I even don't know how to raise infamy as my opponents are way stronger. Once you get a winning streak, you must stop it on purpose or you will sugfer your high infamy once you loose a few fights

11. Marcel Prime

Marcel Prime New Member

Shipwrecker
    In special events my opponents are same level, that works out fine. But in normal fights i always match much stronger. So how should i gain infamy please????

12. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

In events, it's matching based on gear score (and other adjustments), rather than infamy.

Your opponents are within the same gear score range

13. Marcel Prime

Marcel Prime New Member

Shipwrecker
    That seems much fairer to me then. Idon t see the sense of infamy then also

14. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Change of pace, I suppose.. I prefer it too.

15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The battle itself seems quite balanced, both teams 2x mk5 and 3x mk6. I have an acccount with a mk2 Shooter and am often the only mk2 between all mk4s and sometimes the only mk2 and the rest are mk5s. And I have 200-250 damage weapons and am in battles with T4 and T5 rares and epics. So, there was not much wrong with your battle in my oppinion, expect for you getting no stars. That is weird and wrong!

Regards,
    Flint