1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy drop penalty unfair to fair players

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Inflatable Sub, 24 Feb 2018.

1. Inflatable Sub

Inflatable Sub New Member

I'm shooter lv38, Ace II, current infamy 2600 to 2800, no legendary.
    Last week I got some lucky games and reached close to 3000 infamy, then fleeted with my good Fixer Napoleon, usually infamy 3400 but lower by then, and we got an awesome run. Wins after wins, lucky games, and by the end of the day I was at 3800 infamy.
    I tottaly secured the 1st place of my league and I've been fighting with top players such as @YSL and others, it was fun.

But with my current gear and skills, I had no chance to stay that high for long, and after 5 or 6 games I started to drop really fast, down to 2400 infamy. I got back up to my current average, but quickly realized I'm penalized on stars and gold. A lot.

I came checking it up on the forum and I understand now that I'm being punished as a "seal clubber" (what an akaward name), even though I did the exact opposit: winning games fairly.

I expected the penalty to be temporary, but the thing is permanent. My current solution to cancel this unfair punishment is to reach over 3000 infamy and stay up there. For which I probabaly need to upgrade my gear, which requieres gold, on which I'm penalized.

There were no warning ingame about the fact that I was going to be punished, even though I was not doing anything wrong.
    What I should have done, apparently, would have been to purposly lose games before reaching to high, which is an unfair solution.

I played fair, I'm penalized, and it kinda sucks.

My proposal is to cancel penalty after a certain period of time (5 days?)
    Or reset "carreer high" related to your punishment after a while
    And annonce to players going to higher infamy for their levels, or earning 700 infamy in the day, that if they continue to win there is a penalty for it.

GigaBeard, ninjamutantti, Ian and 2 others like this.
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I feel your pain, though my story was a little different. I was a fixer main and everything was going fine, then I had a string of bad luck and dropped like over 1k infamy. I went from like 3300 to around 1600. As a fixer with a weak weapon, I had no chance of winning unless my team was strong enough, and they just kept getting weaker (and less cooperative). I was forced to abandon my fixer because relying on my team was just not working out. It almost felt like I was intentionally being given the weaker team everytime, and I really hope that isn't true.

Anyway, it was really difficult, but eventually I was able to climb out of it. Your situation seems more complicated, though, since you were carried to a higher infamy than you could've gotten to on your own. All I can say is good luck. I don't see a fix coming soon as you are not the first person to have this issue. Or rather, the issue you're having IS the fix, for another problem.

ninjamutantti likes this.
  3. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

I'm a little worried about something similar. I started this month as a Mk3 Fixer playing in the 1300-1600 range, but then the RNG gave me two epic Repair Bolts in one week (and a third one with the new achievement) and I upgraded to Mk4, so very suddenly I made a major jump in infamy. I hit my career high this week as a Mk5 Fixer in the high 2700s. I know that my other ships will not come anywhere close in terms of competitiveness. I do 5-10k healing almost every game, hit 20k every so often, and did 30k for the first time recently. My weapons are underdeveloped compared to my healing items, and my other ships are Mk3/Mk4. Realistically I might be able to average 2-5k per game with any of them. I also have not learned how to play with these boats at higher infamy levels, so I don't really know what works and what doesn't.

At this point, the only options I can think of are to stagnate for the forseeable future while bringing my other boats up to par, stop using other boats altogether, or get branded a seal clubber by the algorithm. This is one more reason I support the proposal for all boats to have separate infamy rankings.

tonySTAX and PastelPiku like this.
  4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I had to be a "seal clubber" for like 2 or 3 weeks to be able to use my shooter and speeder and still get rewards. The penalty does help against actual seal clubbers, but it strongly discourages playing with your other boats. Where I am now I only play with my fixer for quests, and I switch to my offensive boats to balance it out before rising too far.

I agree that having seperate infamies would be nice.

kusura bakmayin and tonySTAX like this.