1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Inappropriate Messages and Report Form

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Nicolas, 29 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

I think that it might be more helpful if we can use "Message Removed" system in private chat too. I reach 5k each season, and i still receive inappropriate messages from "Angry" ppl. I had to upload this screen shot here because we can't do that in the report form (which will be much more helpful and easier).
    sketch-1530258675741.png
    Plz add upload photo option to the report form.
    ppl like this guy here should learn how to respect other players.

Last edited: 29 Jun 2018
  2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Of course what he said was bad but you should report these players in-game or via private message to staff member.

Part of the rules:
    IMG_20180629_103552.png

NoTtIaN likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The tag had to go too

4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

I really need to punch someone in the face.

5. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

6. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

leason:
    when you loose a match NEVER accept friend request from one of your teamates.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    You can always fight back.

I've found that pulling an all nighter actually makes you happier ( look it up. I think it was on infographics show where I learned this) so you don't get angry at * bass boost* like this ( feels so weird censoring my own stuff. I feel uncomfortable.).

I could give you a revenge message for copy and pasting to give this guy a piece of your ( but really my) mind, but it contains a crapload of swearing, so that's outta the picture :confused:

And don't kill the friends chat too. Please. Just make the censor an option with TOGGLE ( on/off) if you really got to.
    Maybe add it to rest of stuff too. Or we could maybe add our own lil custom censors to censor words of our choice. But they would only be censored to us. So if you type ( I am so sorry, but example must be made) damn ( least 'offensive' swear word i know) it might be censored to you but not.. say.. oh, that guy over there with a tank in his backyard.

Nicolas and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'm sitting here pulling an all nighter because my body is not letting me sleep today. Had no coffee.

So I'm just here on forums typing random * bass boost* up that stays relevant. And watching YouTube

Nicolas likes this.
  9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

In situations like this, I disagree with the "public shaming/witch-hunting" rule. If a player takes the time to friend and message you, then he deserves to have his name shown on the forum. By voluntarily messaging you, this player should forfeit his right to autonomy. Letting us see his name let's us avoid his friend requests and ignore him in-game.

Here's my vote to change the public naming rule to allow sharing of names if that player voluntarily messages in chat. Let us help protect our community from these bullies. @The Grim Repair, @TheAntiSnipe

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I think that Grim won't agree to this unfortunately, since exceptions to such rules BY PLAYERS are not really allowed by the EULA itself.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Where does it say that in the EULA/Terms of Service?

http://www.rovio.com/terms-of-service

The only rules that appear relevant are:

"Attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person, group, including Rovio employees, directors, officers, and customer service representatives."

"Post anyone's private information, including personally identifiable information/personal data (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information through the Services."

The first rule is not broken because you are not inciting harassment of the person, but rather you are protecting the community. Bullies will quickly learn that they will be exposed if they message like that.

The second rule is not broken, because none of the messages are private and that person's identity loses privacy the second that they send a message.

Furthermore, Rule 7:

"Communications between Users of the Services

Rovio assumes no responsibility for the conduct of other users of the Services and assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Services for inappropriate content or conduct. Rovio does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all content or conduct of users. Your use of the Services is at your own risk.

By using the Services, you may be exposed to content or conduct that is offensive, indecent or otherwise not in line with your values. Rovio may utilize technology to monitor and/or record your interactions with the Services or communications (including, but not limited to, chat text) when you are using the Services. You irrevocably consent to such monitoring and recording.

Accordingly, you agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any content within the Services, including, but not limited to, chat text or voice communications.

Rovio reserves the right at its sole discretion to review, monitor, prohibit, edit, delete, disable access to or otherwise make unavailable any content made available by users of the Service without notice for any reason or for no reason at any time. If at any time Rovio chooses, at its sole discretion, to monitor the Services, Rovio nonetheless assumes no responsibility for content made available by users of the Services, and Rovio assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate content."

Nicolas likes this.
  12. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Normally I would agree that people should not name and shame. I have commented on several peoples posts (usually ones about unfair matchmaking etc) that people should not name and shame.

However in these instances (where people befriend and then horrendously troll) I am torn due to the severity of the offence.

The fact that this kind of appalling behaviour still continues after so long makes me ponder:
    • Are people are being diligent and reporting all cases?;
    • Are devs then able to find the offending language?;
    • Are the punishments strong enough?
    Because if the answer to all three questions was yes, then I would have thought that such behaviour would have been possible to stamp out. Something is going wrong at some stage, because this should be a ‘slam dunk’ easily provable, easily punishable offence.

I would also advocate that such players should be made to apologise to the player they offend before they have their access restored. Such apologies could be passed on via Devs. If you aren’t prepared to apologise, you shouldn’t be allowed back on.

13. Miika

Miika Game Lead

We already see what players are saying in chat when they have been reported on, no need for photos.

Closing this thread as public naming and shaming is not allowed by the forum rules.

The issue is not so much of privacy but what kind of an environment the forums should have. Name calling, shaming, rude behavior etc does not belong to the Battle Bay forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.