1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

improve the match system

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by gccbg00382, 7 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. gccbg00382

gccbg00382 New Member

In my opinion, I think the current match system only cosider total infamy in team as match basis, and this makes very auful game experiance. It would be better that add some limit on the match system. I know that it would add more waiting time, but it is the trade-off between waiting time and good game experiance. Following is my suggestion to the match system:

1. balance the number of fixer and defender (very important, need fix it as soon as possible, it seriously impact game experiance)
    a. 0 fixer vs 0 fixer
    b. 1 fixer vs 1 fixer
    c. 2 fixer vs 2 fixer
    d. 1 defender vs 1 defender
    e. 0 defender vs 0 defender

I mainly play fixer, and somtimes(<= not seldom) fight the game with 3 or 2 fixer in our team vs 0 fixer in enemy team. The fight so stupid, I lose the game so quickly without any counter idea(insufficient damage due one weapon in mk5 fixer). The similar case in 0 defender vs 2 defender. The defenders just run our face, then we die. The developers should shows the win rate (in 4000+ nightmare rank) is roughly 45%~55% whatever 2 fixers vs 0 fixer or 2 defender vs 0 defender, or this limit should be added as soon as possible.

2. balance the difference between the highest infamy and lowest infamy in one game (mild)

this is an example:
    our team: 38xx, 37xx, 35xx, 33xx, 32xx
    enemy team: 50xx, 35xx, 32xx, 30xx, 28xx

The game still so stupid, enemy 5000 can easily kill our 33xx and 32xx together even with 35xxx (due to equitment and ship level). Although our 38xx can kill enemy 28xx, it would be hard if enemy 28xx together with enemy 30xx. The game is just simplified into 3 vs 4, and makes bad game experiance.

3. balance ship type with corresponding infamy(may have or not)
    No need all but the top-infamy in game should do

our team: 36xx, 32xx, 30xx, 30xx, 30xx
    enemy team: 36xx, 32xx, 30xx, 30xx, 30xx

It seems fair, but I (36xx) am fixer and enemy 36xx is speeder or shooter. The fight always makes me lose the game. Our 30xx run to die first without listening any order and our damage to enemy is always smaller then the enemy team , even if I do my job very well(healing and healing). Do developers expect the fixer can sololy fight against shooter or speeder? If not, please stop match this type game.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2017
  2. xafaras

xafaras New Member

I agree, matching needs work. 99% of battles unfriends have way better ships than friends. Furthermore, some people lose battles on purpose so as to drop infamy and ruin all the battle experience. You have done such a great job, please make it more fair. I had MK1 shooter and played with mk4, very unfair game.

3. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

Should consider to include weapon tier/power too

4. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

yeah, I'm not even a fixer and one my games we had 3 and the enemy had none. But it was to our advantage :D