1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for better Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Su-57, 27 Jan 2019.

?

What you guys think ?

1. It will work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good idea

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Not perfect but acceptable

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Not gonna work

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Rovio already have a decent system for better match making they are not using it .

if you want to fleet with someone but if infamy difference is 800+ then you can't fleet . you have to be in the range but then why we get battles against players who are 1000+ infamy higher . like i am at 1k infamy 1060 exactly but sometimes i get battle against ace players . i think something need to be changed in match making .

I think they should use Fleet system for match making . i know its not perfect but still the can have some decent match making if the use this system . then in a battle all players will only have 800 infamy difference or they can even make it 500 .

then a 1k infamy will not gonna face 2k infamy . same about higher ranked . then people will know they will have all decent level players in battles .

( I know this game may not have much players anymore but Rovio can get more players if they make gaming experience better and simplify it little bit . and put some ads like Angry birds games have . i have never seen advertising of Battle bay on any platform but have seen angry bird ads lots of other games and social media . )

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Prior to this last bug, matches would only have the 800 Infamy spread. I saw it widen to 900 more recently, but now it's lost its mind. The only reasonable matchmaking system uses a deviation amongst all ships at no more than 10%. Everyone within 10% Infamy would pit you against opponents 900-1100 Infamy, but never more than 100 spread in any given match. Wouldn't you rather have that?

The big drawback is that you can only fleet with players within 10% of your Infamy. If there were no real constraints to fleeting how would matchmaking work? For example if you wanted to fleet with a 1500 Infamy player, what would the rest of the match participants look like? Would that broaden the included match players to 500 Infamy deviation, anyone from 1000-1500? That would potentially make it unfair for many participants.

Fleeting is a big issue when trying to come up with fair matches. I'm perfectly fine with the current system, where if you at 1k infamy fleet with a 1500 Infamy, then the match deviation is based on the highest fleet partner...1350-1650 for the rest of the participants. You might be at a disadvantage, and so would your team. Is it worth it?