1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for balancing Flare Gun

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Waveblower, 3 Aug 2018.

1. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Before y’all start with the “don’t nerf flare, it’s perfectly balanced” comments, hear me out first.

At least 90% of players in Battle Bay use the flare gun, mainly for 2 reasons: 30% heal reduction and burn damage bonus for cannons. The high DPS can also be considered, but the former factors are what makes the flare gun shine. However, this hardly seems fair. In every battle there’s always a few players packing a flare gun, so it’s impossible for someone not to get flared. And when someone gets flared, he instantly becomes a target for cannon users, and before you know it that player is dead. A flare gun with a potential of over 20 seconds of burn time is just too devastating. I mean, do you know how many cannon shots can be delivered in the space of 20 seconds? A lot. And currently there’s no way to counter the flare gun. The talent tree where flare gun is located hardly balances the flare gun, especially the heal reduction talent. So unless something is being planned to be done about this, here’s my idea for making the flare gun a balanced weapon is this: every time an enemy burning from flare gets hit with a cannon (regardless of type), the burn duration gets reduced by 2 or 3 seconds. For example, if a burning enemy gets hit by a cannon with 17 seconds on the burn timer, the burn timer instantly goes to 15 or 14 seconds. Subsequent cannon hits will do the same. All of you are likely to say how stupid this idea is, but considering the burn duration reduction would be triggered by cannons alone and not mortars, missiles, railguns and other non-cannon weapons, the idea has some sense in it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Now you can start ranting about this idea.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yea especially with OP tesla shields getting more OP who needs to be able to break them anyways? Nerf flare gun.

VantaBlack, *JAWS* and Shadow Moon! like this.
  3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    This isn't going to change the flare damage against a TS shield though. The flare time would only get reduced when someone on fire gets hit with a cannon.

4. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    I haven’t read the whole idea, but
    When a cannon hits ANY fire (maybe not), fire will be reduced to 50% duration or damage[/QUOTE]

5. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    And you forgot to make frost like this as well?
    make frost have a base duration of 12 (like flare)

HARPO! likes this.
  6. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

I never talked about frost, and frost is already balanced as it is.

7. Joey who

Broken and and useless = balanced? You should work for Rovio
    People who want a flare gun nerf are people who don't have a flare gun or suck at using it. If you think it's so OP why not use it yourself? Nerfing a red item to the point where your teammates can reduce the damage it inflicts defeats the purpose of it even being a red item.

VantaBlack, ShipCrusherCz and NoTtIaN like this.
  8. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    I do have one -_-
    Also I was just explaining why your initial statement was incorrect.

9. Joey who

That wasn't directed at you. Was stating it in general

10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I don't agree with anything mentioned in post.
    Reasons.
    1) Snipers are everywhere make it same to sniper too every time it crits, there should be crit resistance.
    2) There are EC everywhere, everytime EC hits reduce damage by 10% for next hit.
    3) There are missiles everywhere do the same for it then.

So on..

Not a good idea at all.

YerJokinArnYer and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  11. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Ha, that's coming from a guy who has a flare gun for a profile picture. Not surprised by your comment at all.

12. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I like the idea, the flare cannon combo is extremely overused, there's not a single game where someone is not using it. And it's not like the change would kill the weapon, it will only reduce duration by each CANNON hit which seems fair cuz someone under a flare burn becomes too vulnerable because of the ridiculous extra cannon dmg, not to mention the 30% heal reduction. And what's wrong with the duration reduction idea anyway ? The target would be nearly dead till the players remove the flare burn shooting it with cannons Lol

13. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Overused=OP ... ok

LOL. you’re being so negative about that, i’m constantly “being flared” in battles, and that’s not happening.

I know you are a fixer guy, but given your last post to Shadow Moon, i’m starting to think all this thread it’s only because you don’t like flare gun. Deal with it.

14. Shadow Moon!

Neither am I surprised by your post too:). And you never answered the mentioned issues by me just because your helf heal get reduced and you personally don't like the weapon does not make it OP.

Last edited: 3 Aug 2018
  15. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

And I'm guessing you're just another flare user who doesn't want to see his favorite weapon get balanced. You and I both know flare is overpowered, so deal with it.
    (*inner voice* Then again, I did say they can start ranting, so why am I wasting time answering this guy?)

16. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    I have a feeling...
    That this thread will eventually have to be locked :/

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  17. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Oh come on, you and I both know you just decided to come up with those reasons (which make no sense, by the way) because you're a flare user who relies heavily on it. It's written all over your face, literally.

18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Yes it would.

Time x power + perks = total damage

If time were reduced any part of equation. Flare would no longer break tesla shield.

Nerf tesla shield. Then we can chat about lowering flare time duration and firebombs duration.

19. Shadow Moon!

So? Answer the issues or accept you can't play against flare users and lack the skills for it. You say there isn't a counter for flare please tell me what are counters for sniper, missiles, EC, BC, Swift Torpedo, a standard cannon?

20. Shadow Moon!

Also nerf the duct tape and then we can chat about flare nerfs.