1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I actually got oneshot by a sniper cannon.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by achillesRising, 29 Mar 2018.

1. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

Exactly what it says on the tin, buddy. The fact that this is possible is just absurd. Why the ACTUAL **** am I being put in games where the opponent has a poke weapon that can oneshot me? The kid had a rare level 40 sniper cannon. Do you know what my gear level is? Level 20 uncommons and level 10 rares. I'm in a ship with 1,075 health, against ships with 4,000. My sniper cannon does 315 crit damage. His sniper cannon does over 1,075 crit damage. In what form is this matchmaking even remotely acceptable?

It's hard enough to play fixer faithfully in a low level. I don't need the added challenge in playing in games with mark 5 ships and having to worry about things like getting f*****g oneshot by weapons that are supposed to be low-level damage.

Images for proof: Screenshot_2018-03-29-17-11-49.png Screenshot_2018-03-29-17-16-10.png

2. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Happy sniper users with their usual "you shouldn't have been in open space" arguements incoming soon... ;)

3. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

Ah yes. As you can see from the pictures, I was grossly overexposed and totally asking for it.

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Yeah, welcome to low infamies. Here's some hope for you. When I crossed 1500 infamy in my M4 with roughly R-25 gear everything changed. Nowadays with a gear score of ~5500 at infamy 2000 matches I see invariably make sense. The boats I'm fighting are generally more powerful than mine but not insanely so. The matches I'm in are mostly M5's with a smattering of M6 boats... not bad given that I'm in a M5 and you'd expect me to be fighting tougher opponents since I'm a top 5% player.

So if you're up for it, do what I did. Just grind away and focus more on speed of matches (ie, income) than winning. Get your boat up to a solid M4. Things will change. Heck, Rovio isn't unaware of the problem. They may yet do something to fix the incentive system.

5. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

The issue isn’t the weapon. It’s the tier of the player vs OP’s lower tier.

6. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

I completely agree with SnapShot. Grind out some games and in about a month or two you’ll finally be with people around your tier level more. It becomes more equal the higher the league and division you get. There will always be someone better than you but it does become more fair the further you progress. I myself rose to Ace III in just 2-3 Months of game play. It was still a fun journey regardless of the difficulty in the earlier games. There’s a large resource of videos on YouTube channels that give advice for the fastest ways to rise in the Leagues. I suggest starting with maybe GenkiGamers YT Channel.

7. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

Well I will say.. it seems like your doing pretty well in infamy if your that far up and against weapons like those. (Idk what your infamy is)

Neptune_Gaming and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

it's 1200

9. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

That’s pretty good for a mark 2 I believe. It’s been a while since I’ve been a mark 2 so if I’m wrong forgive me. Right now all it is is a matter of upgrading your boat and stuff.

Kalbs likes this.
  10. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Well, you are a level 13 mk2 fixer getting shot by a level 40 Sniper cannon(w/crit). What did you expect?

It would be the same result for level 40 Big Torp or Explosive Cannon.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

But you gotta agree, it HURTS to be oneshot by a snipe lol. Back when I was 1800 infamy, I got hit by an epic t4(don't know why?)1700 HP gone. Just like that.

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think this kind of exemplifies why it’s such a cheap weapon, especially around Warrior/Master League.

I remember in Pokémon there was this thing called ‘Spikes’, which you could lay down to harass the other team. Basically, every time they switched Pokémon, they would get spiked, and you’d get a bit of free damage before the fight started. It was only about 5% health, but it was still powerful enough to become a big part of the meta in online battles.

I feel like Sniper is kind of the same thing. It allows teams to harass eachother at long distance, before the ‘real’ fighting starts. But what’s messed up, is that instead of being 5% it’s actually ‘all your hp’.

To make matters worse, with ExCannon nerfed, there is even less reason to get close to the unfriends.

Why do anything as pedestrian as ‘attacking’ or ‘flanking’, when sitting back and Sniping or Torp spamming from a safe distance, is so much more effective.

I think the devs really need to think about what ‘exactly’ they want this game to be, and the kind of behaviour they want to incentivise.

Incentives seem to be an ongoing problem in every part of the game, from strategy, to choosing a boat, to leagues, to guild quests (even winning games is of dubious benefit).

I think this stems from a lack of clear vision. Using fuzzy terms like ‘it’s going to be great’ or ‘fun’, instead of committing to an actual tangible philosophy that people might ‘potentially’ be able to disagree with.

Raunak, Spinners71, ThatOnion and 7 others like this.
  13. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

This won't even be an issue if it was another weapon. This thread is only getting attention because it's "Sniper Cannon is OP" narrative.

14. ViscountSniffit

Yes, because it is OP. Maybe ‘any other weapon’ can one shot a mk2, at a high enough level. But no other weapon can do it in the first 30 seconds, before the mk2 has even attempted to battle.

15. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Well, have you ever experienced getting one shot by railgun? That’s the most painful.

16. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

???

Big torp and Railgun can do it even in the first 10 seconds.

Raunak, Miathan and PastelPiku like this.
  17. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

You just disintegrate and a flash of light will be the last thing you will see.

PastelPiku likes this.
  18. ViscountSniffit

Railgun maybe, but then Railgun is 2 slots, has colossal cooldowns, takes ages to train (Buzzkill), and is pathetic at short range.

Big Torp can’t kill anyone in the first 10 seconds, and it’s super easy to dodge.

Sniper, conversely, is 1 slot, so people are running two of them side by side, and getting huge crits every 5-6 seconds, regardless of range or speed... broken!

Raunak, Spinners71, ThatOnion and 6 others like this.
  19. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    And no need to lead!!
    I don't use snipers myself but I suggest buffing alternatives like railgun damage instead to prevents rage/take forever to build another item moments like the when they nerf EX cannons

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  20. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    He he, this brings me back. Months ago I reached 1000 with mk2 and i was frequently one-shotted. Months later I am there one-shotting the new mk2s.

TheAntiSnipe and TheFixer27 like this.