1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Huge bugs in events

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Chris Tyler, 1 Oct 2018.

1. Chris Tyler

Chris Tyler New Member

I have found out that ppl who are level 30 to 50 with 2k infamy and up are playing in events using mk3 ships with gold weapons and it is unfair to us who are level 18 and cant succeed past 800 infamy in regular battlrs or even get close to winning events . please fix this issue.

Medullaoblongata likes this.
  2. Shoot em up

Shoot em up New Member

Its not something that can be fixed. Have a read through the tons of topics on this already.

3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It can be fixed but it would change the game drastically and we saw how well this player base reacted to drastic change with the agility update.

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  4. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Just use infamy, gear score is too easily manipulated

5. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome ... Everyone can float their way down to 500 infamy for easier event matches ... since league rewards are nothing compared to event rewards.

Search "scaled event rewards"

6. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

I met an mk4 defender today in the Monday Madness, i was using an enforcer mk5 with 4100 infamy, and this guy pops up from no where and boom! Lands a sniper shot taking 1800 of my hp. Then am like, "TF just happened!?" And before i could understand what is going on, an explpsove shot flies towards the rear of my ship. Aftet that, i sink. And guess what what, the guy has 8k health! Seriously devs. I use dual blasts and a flare, even with 3 successive shots, i csn only ditch out 2500 hp at a time. And this guy, sinks my ship in less than 5 seconds.
    I guess that's what's called "Balancing", right?

Darth Reaper and NeptuneGaming like this.
  7. xArrogance

The 1% chance for the EC to crit must have happened .. bc there's no way for it to sink you otherwise. But, I guess you didn't feel the need to use your TSs either.

8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    For the time being, target the cheaters. It will get them out of commission, even if it's only for 5 seconds. Also, don't use turbo. Its perks add WAY too much gearscore. Health is better anyway.

We need a system where if the matchmaking detects cheating ( this might need some tweaks. I'm playing fair with my setup, but the system would DEFINITELY think I'm some kind of hacker.) it increases cheater spawn time to 15 seconds.

9. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Wait what's TSSs?

10. BasedCarpen

There's a system in place that already prevents this after 800 infamy

11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    The lowercase after TS implies that it is a plural of TS. So he was saying you didn't feel the need to use your double bubble.

12. xArrogance

That reduces your ranked rewards by 50% or so but doesn't affect your event coin rewards.

13. xArrogance

The only (realistic) way to stop this is to make it harder for Mk1-5s to get event coins (i.e., scaled rewards) .. which would encourage people to use their highest mark ship for events and make it more difficult for lower mark ships to get OP legendary weapons too early ..

If that sounds like a good idea, advocate for #scaledrewards ..

If it doesn't, then I'd be careful what you ask for ..

14. BasedCarpen

It keeps you matched around your previous high infamy.

15. xArrogance

... until it resets and adjusts to your new infamy.

16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The whole point of Gear Score is to manipulate it. I don't mean that in a bad way, but if you are an MK7 and you take out an MK3 boat, Infamy is not going to give you a fair match... Gear Score adjusts your boat's power to give you a fair match, so that you can take out any boat you have without having leveled it or its items up. I like the idea.

If matchmaking isn't working, then Gear Score needs to be adjusted. The known issue is that Gear Score / Power Score doesn't incorporate Captain Training. It's the flaw in EventMatchmaker(tm) that is being exploited... and not always by intention.