1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use Mines?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by I Am A Beginner, 9 Sep 2018.

1. I Am A Beginner

I Am A Beginner New Member

Yesterday,I got an EPIC mine from the free box (which reset 8 hours),but I seldom use mine,so I'd like to ask anybody can give some advices and tips to let me know how to use it(or just scrap it?),thanks.(And this is my first time to post thread...So maybe I had something done wrong,if I did,please tell me,tks(and I have a poor spelling skill so just ignore if you saw a wrong one,unless because of this you can't understand what I said))

2. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Mines are gamechangers in BB as they do lots of damage but they are fixed. At the start you might have limited range but generally it should be at choke points or towards the unfriends. I would recommend carrying only 1 mine per setup otherwise you might spam mines and not do much.

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Mines can be used in many ways. You are a fixer (judging by your picture) so you could put in places where you think an enemy would flank at start of the game. After that you just throw them anywhere when your fixer items are cooling down. Do NOT neglect a teammate to throw a mine in a good spot, healing comes first as a fixer. Other than that yea, just throw them anywhere. I'd suggest to add all range perks on it. The farther you can throw it, the better :)

4. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Dont fill all of em in ur ship

I Am A Beginner likes this.
  5. Poupichou

Poupichou Member

As my opinion, If you're Fixer, Mines are your best friend.
    Protect you against aggressive Speeders, block a path to defend your position, still useful after your death.

In addition, you can equip whatever you want.

I Am A Beginner likes this.
  6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

There are essentially two ways to use mines: Damage and Deterrent.

Damage Mines, are mines that you ‘want’ the unfriends to hit. The best place to lay these are in areas where the unfriends will likely congregate for cover. Think of the areas where you and your teammates generally like to hang out and lob mortars from. Chances are: your opponents also like those same spots. So that’s where you need to put mines. These aren’t always easy places to reach (which is generally why people like them), so it can really help to have a few range perks, which will allow you to lob mines from a safer distance, and get them over walls.

Second best, is to hide them in places you think the other team might go. Gaps with long grass are good, but you can also hide them under Repair Boxes, in Napalm fires, or in amongst enemy mines. People are much more likely to drive over a mine if it is in a place they would only expect to see their own team’s mines.

You need to be carful when you throw a mine into a group of enemy mines, because if a teammate sees you do it, they will sometimes think all the mines are yours, and try to drive through. I usually throw up a ‘Negative’ if I see someone heading towards mines that aren’t my own.

If you’re really jammy, you can throw mines behind people, or over their heads, and watch them reverse into the mine. This works best against Torp users, because they often need to back up to get outside their own arming distance.

Since you’re a Fixer, you can also try dropping a mine on yourself and hiding it with your boat. This is a good way to surprise Speeders when they try to Nitro through you.

Deterrent Mines are mines that you want the unfriends to avoid. You can use these to block tunnels, and doorways, so that ships can’t get through easily. These are best used in an areas where the unfriends will ‘probably’ want to go, and which your team might struggle to defend. If you have a mine guarding a tunnel for you, it’s almost like having an extra teammate, so use them wisely.

One of my favourite situations for these type of mines is the backwards fight on Chill Zone, because both teams are essentially fighting for control of the back corner. If you block the corner with mines, then it’s almost impossible for the unfriends to push around, without taking big damage. Your team, however, can still edge forward to shoot and get vision.

Ideally you want to leave the unfriends an impossible choice. Either damage from mines, or a weaker position. You can even sometimes use mines to push the unfriends back towards other mines.

You can also just throw them around randomly, and hope to get lucky, but that’s not really a ‘strategy’. However, if your mine is ready, and you’ve got nothing better to do with it, there is nothing to lose by throwing it.

I have a short video of me using mines to steal kills. They’re a really fun and versatile weapon! ;)

And here’s a replay of a game that’s kind of the opposite. I change position to really torture the unfriends with mines, by dropping them in amongst the group, for huge damage.

https://replay.battlebay.net/HXXLSKSF#NFGDXGMH

Last edited: 12 Sep 2018
  7. I Am A Beginner

I Am A Beginner New Member