1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Use Frost Blaster & Big Torpedo: Deadliest combo on the bay

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by P0rthos, 1 Jun 2017.

1. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

The single deadliest combo on the bay is a big torpedo with frost damage. Sink an enemy in one shot! If you got the skillz to land your hit that is...

TheAntiSnipe, Totoro, Raunak and 10 others like this.
  2. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

wonderful video! Can the big torpedo + frost blaster combo be effective for enforcers too?

3. P0rthos

Yes, but it's not optimal since big torpedo takes up 2 points, and an enforcer mk5 & 6 has 3 points and 3 slots for red items.

4. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Ahhh thanks porthos!

5. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

@porthos another good video! I like the how to videos and such. On another note, Was wondering if you ever changed up your defender setup for weapons, and if you've found ones that are almost, if not as effective or if that loadout trounces everything else?
    Orrrrrr maybe that could be an upcoming video? :D

6. P0rthos

I use the only weapons I have on my defender. :confused: If I had other weapons, I'd probably mix it up a bit more. But I'm just a poor blue piƱata.

Nikkie! and Rango8 like this.
  7. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Would torpedo do well in shooter/defender mk4/5/6?

8. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Will the slow stack if u hit the target with carronade before torpedo? Will carronade slow+frost blast slow force the target to stop if it doesn't have his overboost on? If it's so landing a torp would be waymore easier, isn't it?

9. P0rthos

Every ship has a minimum speed that it can always go. So while the slow effects do stack (multiple frosts, or carro+frost), you can't completely stop the boats in the water.

10. P0rthos

We used to have a few big torpedo shooters on the bay. They have retired. It can be very effective. Never seen it on a defender, but perhaps!

JustinBeaver likes this.
  11. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Torps dont come with frost dmg dude.

12. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

what perks do you suggest for big torp and tri torp? dmg or speed?

13. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Well dude, Sinklair gives up to 50% more Torpedo Damage on frozen Targets!

I prefer Speed Perks for slow Big Torpedo and Damage Perks for both Others.

14. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Sweet vid bro

15. cgr3asy

cgr3asy Member

porthos i have a question... rn im a speeder mk3 i just switched and i cant seem to get out from 1200-1300. my speeder set up is blast cannon lvl2 rare and standard can rare, with nitro rare and over boost rare with a big shield lvl2 rare. would you suggest me to change anything? Any feedback is great! PLEASE HELP:D

16. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

I'm no porthos but
    You need to level up your weapons and items!
    If speeders the class you intend on using don't hold back spend some parts/gold on it!
    Also a big shields nice but kinda usless on a speeder because it really only helps you from one hit I would recommend a turbo so you can avoid the hit or get away! or if you have a high level bandage (if it's not rare or above def go turbo) use that!
    Just keep practicing you will get there as your items and skill improve
    Also focus on upgrading crew that helps your playstyle!

cgr3asy likes this.
  17. cgr3asy

cgr3asy Member

all the weapons on my ship are lvled up to where i can get them. i Use big shield because it give me about 600 extra life and speeder are fragile ships they dont really have much health with out a shield on. so my speeder is a tank but fast! Thanks for you reply!

JDAR likes this.
  18. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Not to argue but 3 hits from a big shield is not really gonna help you in the long game
    Your a speeder not a tank so you shouldn't play like it
    Either out run or heal yourself
    Extra health just wastes a blue spot

cgr3asy likes this.
  19. cgr3asy

cgr3asy Member

i get what your saying but soon as the battle starts i go around the map find my opponents and single them out one by one sniping off health, what is that a bandage going to do for me when the opponent has great weapons... a big shield is helpful in my opinion. but since you think that i will try it out and see what happens

20. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

I am a speeder I use a turbo myself and it lets me Avoid 60-75 percent of shots